Panasonic LIFI powered sets now available *NO Price talk* - Page 26 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #751 of 759 Old 03-14-2011, 09:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have a copy of their warranty sheet that says labor is covered for 3 years? The only one I can find says 2. My set is starting to take forever to turn on.. hoping it doesn't crap out soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 759 Old 06-06-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveFi View Post
My second bulb is starting to take longer and longer to turn on- about 3mins now. Not a good sign.

So will Panny cover under warranty a second bulb replacement within 5yrs?
Same problem here...

The stupid part is that they will only cover the bulb and not the labor. I called Panasonic and they referred me to a local repair shop who wants an arm and a leg just to look at the set.
post #753 of 759 Old 12-03-2011, 08:50 PM

I had my light unit go out on my Panasonic PT-61LCZ “LIFI powered” four days ago. My TV is almost four years old and I had the light unit replaced about one year ago under warranty. I called Costco to see if I could get it replaced again under the five year manufactures guarantee on the light unit. The Costco rep indicated that only the original light unit part was covered for five years and the labor was covered for three years and he said he would check with management about getting it covered. I get a call the following day with an RGA # to return it to the store for a full refund! You can’t beat Costco customer service. I was going to pick up a 65-inch Plasma Panasonic, but they did not have one in stock, so I purchased a Sharp 70 inch LCD. I believe Costco got an RGA # from Panasonic to return the unit to them.
post #754 of 759 Old 12-04-2011, 08:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 27
Glad Costco stepped up - with or without help from Panasonic.

These sets were dogs and Panasonic would be wise to get as many of them out of the hands of consumers as possible.

Hope the sales guy that sold the LIFI lamps to Panasonic made a good commission on the account. Wonder what he's selling now?
post #755 of 759 Old 12-04-2011, 09:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by aydu View Post

Glad Costco stepped up - with or without help from Panasonic.

These sets were dogs and Panasonic would be wise to get as many of them out of the hands of consumers as possible.

Hope the sales guy that sold the LIFI lamps to Panasonic made a good commission on the account. Wonder what he's selling now?

Possibly overpriced, cheaply made cooking ware? Or maybe he's become a political consultant.
post #756 of 759 Old 12-05-2011, 09:53 AM

Just called the shop that replaced the first bulb, sounds like the labor has been increased to 4 years.

So I will be getting mine fixed and returning the sharp 60in we bought over the weekend.
post #757 of 759 Old 12-15-2011, 12:41 PM

Repair guys came out replaced the light assembly within 15 minutes back up and running. No out of pocket cost to me. sweet.
post #758 of 759 Old 01-06-2012, 06:43 AM

Liked: 16
My parents lifi 56" had a bulb replaced about a 2yrs ago. Hoping this thing lasts them a few more years lol. This tv has worked great but the bulb, what a heaping pile of you know what. There was no way they even touched the 20000 hr claimed life on the bulb.

Anyways the repair went smooth, the tech replaced the bulb hassle free, no cost to us. I'm posting here as I am anticipating another bulb failure, the tv has been taking a bit longer to fire up, so I'll be dealing with panasonic again and see how a second repair goes lol. If there is any out of pocket cost this things going in the dumpster where it belongs.

I still don't know how these bulbs are failing as often as they are. The whole selling point, and the reason why I bought this set for my parents, was the claim of excellent bulb life. I know people with 8yr old dlp's still on their original bulb with heavy usage.

Pioneer Elite 111FD
Pioneer 4280HD
Pioneer VSX-1021K
PS3 Slim

My setup
post #759 of 759 Old 06-26-2012, 04:20 PM

how much is this in total???
Reply Rear Projection Units