Dish network HD pictures are fuzzy - suggestions? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 05-07-2007, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys,
I'm new to the forums and I have a question regarding my new Dish Network HD signal.

Everything I've heard/read suggests that I should be getting a better HD picture through the dish but I haven't seen it yet. The picture is fuzzy and snowy and often gets very pixelated for a few seconds and sometimes the snowy effect appears to be oscillating as if it's picking up hum into the cable.

My set is a Mitsubishi WS-55615.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-07-2007, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I have a Mits 55589, Panasonic 37" plasma, and a sharp 32 lcd,, and Dish Network. Make sure your component cables are securely connected. Thats what I use and the picture on all 3 sets is crystal clear for the most part
post #3 of 9 Old 05-07-2007, 08:36 PM

you should try comcast cable.
post #4 of 9 Old 05-08-2007, 06:44 AM

yeah, I dont think this has anything to do wth the TV, its just dish over compressing their content.
post #5 of 9 Old 05-08-2007, 07:35 AM

Liked: 11
In my opinion DISH is horrible. Their SD channels can be particularly bad on a HD TV. I realize that a SD broadcast will new look as good as a HD breodcast but I have noticed that SD broadcasts seems sigificantly cleareer on an HD TV via BrightHouse cable - at least in my area. As for HD broadcasts I have seen great picture quality and fuzzy picutre quality - depends on the paticular broadcast.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-08-2007, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by anettis View Post

In my opinion DISH is horrible. Their SD channels can be particularly bad on a HD TV. I realize that a SD broadcast will new look as good as a HD breodcast but I have noticed that SD broadcasts seems sigificantly cleareer on an HD TV via BrightHouse cable - at least in my area. As for HD broadcasts I have seen great picture quality and fuzzy picutre quality - depends on the paticular broadcast.

Thanks for the response. The SD channels on dish look far better than the SD channels every did with my cable service. However, the local cable company is garbage, hence switching to Dish.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-08-2007, 12:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 47
i'm a dish sub for about 6 months now. most hd channels are very clear and sharp, not grainy. while the pq is not as good as cable due to compression, you should still be getting a very watchable hd broadcast. some channels like hbo have very little compression and provide outstanding pq. the sd looks pretty bad on my sony xbr2, but i think its just the high quality of that set displaying an inferior signal. sd on my regular crts looks the same as before.

i thing you have some kind of connection issue or problems with your stb. your dish hd stations should provide a very watchable broadcast

neflixis our nemesis
post #8 of 9 Old 05-08-2007, 04:18 PM

You tried hooking up an antenna? I agree that DTV satilite broadcasts dont look all that great. Over the air antenna looks great. To get the best possible picture on a satalite you need to tweek your connections. Make sure your using the compression fittings , Low loss splitters and Great quality RG6 cable. Low signal can make differant transponders intermit causing distortion aka your fuzzy picture. Hope this helps out...
post #9 of 9 Old 05-08-2007, 04:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Off topic but I just switched from Comcast to Dish and Dish picture quality is marginally better than CC (at least in my area, Sacramento) ...same goes for DishHD over Comcast HD. And I was a Comcast customer for 7 years.

Frag

"There are 1 0 kinds of people in this world...one that can read binary while the other that can't!!"
XBL Tag: TacoKommando
My small HT setup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27565515@N04/

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page