Official 2007-2008 Mitsubishi WD-**733 DLP - Page 16 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 486 Old 01-17-2008, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just bought my 65733 on Sunday. Hooked it up and Did the setups and every thing was fine. I did notice a Slight bend in the convergence on the 4:3 mode but it wasn't that bad. Today, I unplugged the TV after it had been off for two + hours moved it to its new stand and when I plugged it in it just blinked green and never quit. I tried system reset and that didn't change a thing. I took it back to BB and they will have me a new one tomorrow. Did I just get a Lemon or is this common with these TV's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 486 Old 01-22-2008, 09:29 AM
Advanced Member

I saw an open box 65733 at Best Buy and I am considering making an offer on it. When I looked at the screen, I saw in the bottom left corner small dark circles, almost like an LCD leak, like when you press on a LCD calculator. I would probably buy an extended warranty on it, for at a minimum the bulb replacement, but this could also mean I'll be able to swap out the TV very soon after purchase to fix this problem. Or should I just stay away from the TV completely?

Xbox 360: Deezul AwT
HDTV since 2004, 3D since 2011
Go Jackets!
post #453 of 486 Old 01-26-2008, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I got my 73733 in early December. Love the TV, but within the last 2 weeks I noticed that there is a problem. It seems that there is a diagonal "bright spot" about 5" wide extending from near the upper left corner of the screen down to about 1/5th of the way from left to right on the bottom of the screen. This spot is very noticeable in any dark scenes and is clearly visible when the TV is just on a black screen. It's very strange because it doesn't really appear to be an imaging problem, it almost looks like some odd reflection of some sort from inside the case. Has anybody else had this issue? Any ideas?
post #454 of 486 Old 01-26-2008, 10:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcaillo View Post

Maybe if you tell us more about your system. I have seen this on other brands as well, always with SA STBs. Are you actually watching analog using the tuner in the set?

Using Comcast Motorola box via DVI cable to HDMI connector to tv.

Only happens on the analog channels. Not all of them, but a lot in format "Standard".
post #455 of 486 Old 01-27-2008, 10:27 AM

Hello everyone,

I just bought the WD-65734, from HHGREGG last Saturday they had it on sale for $1609. And for another $100 dollars I got the 5 year warranty for bulb replacement and major component repairs (was this a good deal or not). I was talking to my sales rep earlier today and he suggested that I get a Color Calibration Disk from Monster Cable Co., he says that it will really help calibrate the color picture. So, has anyone ever used the color calibration disk before and if so how did it work for you.
post #456 of 486 Old 01-28-2008, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30fps View Post

I got my 73733 in early December. Love the TV, but within the last 2 weeks I noticed that there is a problem. It seems that there is a diagonal "bright spot" about 5" wide extending from near the upper left corner of the screen down to about 1/5th of the way from left to right on the bottom of the screen. This spot is very noticeable in any dark scenes and is clearly visible when the TV is just on a black screen. It's very strange because it doesn't really appear to be an imaging problem, it almost looks like some odd reflection of some sort from inside the case. Has anybody else had this issue? Any ideas?

I'd say its a bend in your screen, which can range from fairly normal to warped. If you cannot see the 'reflection' when most lights are off in your viewing room, then I'd say don't worry about it. If it is severe enough to the point that you see it all the time, regardless of the image onscreen, you might want the screen replaced.

I for one don't mind the reflection spots on my set. Its so much better than a standard tube or the reflective surface of a plasma or older DLPs. I can live with it.

- Todd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mitsubishi 65737 | Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Sony BDP-S590

post #457 of 486 Old 01-28-2008, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rct0361 View Post

Hello everyone,

I just bought the WD-65734, from HHGREGG last Saturday they had it on sale for $1609. And for another $100 dollars I got the 5 year warranty for bulb replacement and major component repairs (was this a good deal or not). I was talking to my sales rep earlier today and he suggested that I get a Color Calibration Disk from Monster Cable Co., he says that it will really help calibrate the color picture. So, has anyone ever used the color calibration disk before and if so how did it work for you.

I have not used a calibration disc, but some DVDs have THX Optimizers that I have used. Still, I adjust some of the colors down a bit, otherwise it seems to be too saturated. I'll look up disc cost and may give it a whirl for kicks.

- Todd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #458 of 486 Old 01-29-2008, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlbauerle View Post

I'd say its a bend in your screen, which can range from fairly normal to warped. If you cannot see the 'reflection' when most lights are off in your viewing room, then I'd say don't worry about it. If it is severe enough to the point that you see it all the time, regardless of the image onscreen, you might want the screen replaced.

I for one don't mind the reflection spots on my set. Its so much better than a standard tube or the reflective surface of a plasma or older DLPs. I can live with it.

I don't think it's a bend in the screen. It's not really a reflection. If I turn off all the lights so the room is completely dark and have the TV on a pure black screen there is a lighter gray splotch like I described. It never varies in size or shape from any viewing angle and is only on the one side of the screen.
post #459 of 486 Old 02-06-2008, 05:19 PM

Hey everybody... I have had the WD-65733 for about a month now, and have really been loving it (upgraded from a 37" Westinghouse LCD) so far. I am happy with just about everything with it... picture, size, inputs, etc. and haven't had any major problems with it yet (only a few dead mirrors). Last week I noticed that whenever I watch a film that has a aspect ratio other then 16:9 or Fullscreen (so anything with black bars on the top/bottom of screen) on my Toshiba HD-A2... the top bar seems to be half black and half duplicate image of the top of the picture that is being projected on screen... it is really dim though so not always obvious but if it is a scene that is really bright, then I can see it just faintly... anyone have any idea what this is???

I am running the HD-A2 over HDMI (#1) set @ 1080i. I also tired the PS3 (HDMI / 1080p) and it does the same problem.

I took a "bad" pic of Jesse James" running on the A2 and marked where/ what the problem is:

I am officially seeing Purple
post #460 of 486 Old 02-08-2008, 11:20 AM

Purchased the Mits WD65733 on Dec 2, 2007. Great picture (in high def.) until 3 weeks ago, when the picture went black and the status light was a solid red. I unplugged the tv, waited one minute, plugged it back in, then the picture was fine for about 20 minutes or so then went black, and I did the unplug/plug AC thing and the picture came back, perfect everytime. The next day the tv ran with no problems.

Since I knew this was not right, I called the local Mits warranty service and they said if they came out on a service call, they needed the set to fail, and could not wait forever for an intermittant problem to occur while there, which I agreed upon. The set then worked for another week with no problems.

Then, after a week, the tv failed again, I unplugging the ac and repowering it, this time no picture, solid red status light. I called warranty service, they came out, said yes, the tv is having problems and took it to their shop for diagnosing. A few days later I was told the "Light Engine" failed (actual part term, Optical Block, part # 8164889).

I was then told the part was backordered with Mitsubishi until March 18th, and was told that Mitsubishi was not real great in delivering on their promised delivery dates. I asked what my alternatives were, since my 30 day return policy ended on Jan. 2, 2008 with Nebraska Furniture Mart in Kansas City.
Calling them, they told me my problem was with Mits, not them, and was told to contact Mitsubishi and "start a case file to replace the TV".

I have called the off-shore Mits tech support about this. 800-332-2119, option 5. They are near hopeless, saying they will expedite my order, and try to get a light engine from another supplier????

I have called the Part number at Mits, 800-553-7278, and the auto attendant says they are not taking calls (I guess they can't keep up with people wanting to know the status of their light engines, eh?). I have called Mits support/headquaters in Calliforrrnia, 949-465-6000, and the only person I have been able to speak with is Sylvia the receptionist, who multiple times says she has passed my request onto support supervisors.

I am now on my 3rd day, and I have not received any calls from Mits. from any location. It seems like the only employees you can speak with are the hopeless off-shore level 1 tech support people, and Sylvia the receptionist.

I have read through these forums and I know I am not the first to have these problems. Any help on how I should proceed would be appreciated.

I only wish that Mit's management people had the pleasure of dealing with their support arm to say get their paychecks processed, etc.
post #461 of 486 Old 03-08-2008, 04:42 PM

I got the WD65733 and it looks great. I did some adjustments to the picture when I got it.

adjustments ( edit)

TV Charter

Picture mode: Natural

Contrast: 38

Brightness: 35

Color: 35

Tint: 31

Sharpness: 25

Color temp: low

Sound

Bass: 48

Terble: 45

Balance: 31

Surround: surround sound

Level Sound: off

Prefect Color

Magnta: 30

Red: 30

Yellow 34

Green 35

Cyan 38

Blue 28

Goble

Video Nosie: off

Video Mute: off

Flim Mode: Auto

Lamp Mode Standard

Xbox 360

Picture mode: Game

contrast: 38

Brightness: 35

Color 35

Tint: 31

Sharpness: 25

Color temp: low

Sound

Bass: 38

Treble: 35

Surround: surround sound

Level Sound: off

Prefect color

Mangta: 28

Red: 31

Yellow 35

Green 34

Cyan 38

Blue 28

Goble

Video Nosie: off

Video Mute: off

Flim Mode: off

Lamp Mode Standard
post #462 of 486 Old 04-05-2008, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok,

I own the 73733.

Now, I am trying to set up my Harmony 1000 remote with it to control it via RF.

So...where is the IR (infared) port? You usually see this on most devices but my guess is that with this TV, it is behind the screen?

I cannot find it to set up....please help.
post #463 of 486 Old 04-16-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianscloset View Post

Hey everybody... I have had the WD-65733 for about a month now, and have really been loving it (upgraded from a 37" Westinghouse LCD) so far. I am happy with just about everything with it... picture, size, inputs, etc. and haven't had any major problems with it yet (only a few dead mirrors). Last week I noticed that whenever I watch a film that has a aspect ratio other then 16:9 or Fullscreen (so anything with black bars on the top/bottom of screen) on my Toshiba HD-A2... the top bar seems to be half black and half duplicate image of the top of the picture that is being projected on screen... it is really dim though so not always obvious but if it is a scene that is really bright, then I can see it just faintly... anyone have any idea what this is???

I am running the HD-A2 over HDMI (#1) set @ 1080i. I also tired the PS3 (HDMI / 1080p) and it does the same problem.

I took a "bad" pic of Jesse James" running on the A2 and marked where/ what the problem is:

I have the exact same problem as you but on top of this i can also see light halos in certain dark scenes. Only towards the top of the screen. I have been battling this issue for months with my local service shop. They replaced the light engine which didnt fix anything. Basically they gave up and I called mitsubishi on my own to escalate the issue. Mitsubishi just told me today that it is normal and in so many words to "deal with it". I told them that for this price range TV i shouldnt be seeing images behind title bars and various light spots in certain scenes. Have you or anyone else had any luck troubleshooting this? At this point I am stuck with it.
post #464 of 486 Old 05-15-2008, 09:51 AM

I just setup my 73733 and when I hit the info button it says the tv is only distributing a 480i signal? I have it hooked up using the HDMI and wanted to know what gives? Is the tv at the least supposed to be 720? Any help, suggestions and even setting for calibration will be greatly appreciated.
post #465 of 486 Old 05-15-2008, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwatkins View Post

I just setup my 73733 and when I hit the info button it says the tv is only distributing a 480i signal? I have it hooked up using the HDMI and wanted to know what gives? Is the tv at the least supposed to be 720? Any help, suggestions and even setting for calibration will be greatly appreciated.

TV is showing you the input, it upconverts to 720p
post #466 of 486 Old 05-15-2008, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacbeth View Post

TV is showing you the input, it upconverts to 720p

That's all i get even though using a HDMI cable. What about HD channels.
post #467 of 486 Old 05-15-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:

That's all i get even though using a HDMI cable. What about HD channels.

What is your source, Converter box, dvd ?? If its a converter hd box, then you can set the box to output 720p.
post #468 of 486 Old 05-15-2008, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacbeth View Post

What is your source, Converter box, dvd ?? If its a converter hd box, then you can set the box to output 720p.

HD cable box.
post #469 of 486 Old 05-15-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:

HD cable box.

I believe yur tv is 1080p. You should be able to set the cable box to output 108i or 720p. check you manual, or go into the menu of the box. Some people like the box set at 720p and others like it at 1080i. Play around and determine which setting you like the best.
post #470 of 486 Old 06-02-2008, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGSportsNut View Post

- Are there any firmware upgrades that can or need to be done like other HDTVs have?

I'm wondering the same thing.
post #471 of 486 Old 06-28-2008, 07:20 AM

Just picked up a WDY-657 from Circuit City for a little over a grand due to it being discontinued for the newer models. I already fixed the "high pitch whine" doing the familiar electrical tape fix to the wiring on the ballast. Thank you AVS Forum for helping me correct that. Now that I have the TV all setup on a nice stand, I noticed some light emitting from the rear vent and it lightly lights up the back wall behind the tv. It is not noticeable when I have the lights on, but when I turn off all the lights I can see it and it makes the wiring mess behind my stand noticeable to a small degree lol. How much light emitting from the back of the unit normal? The TV has an amazing picture for the price and none of the lamp warning lights are blinking so I assume I put everything back in place correctly after the tape fix. I have 30 days to return it to Circuit City, but I dont want to since I'll have to cough up another $500+ for a similarly sized TV. Again, the TV seems to be working fine, just a little unsure about the light emitting back there. I upgraded from a 46inch table top rear projection Sony KP46WT510 and I'm not familiar at with DLP.
post #472 of 486 Old 09-07-2008, 09:57 PM

I have a PS3 and when I set it to 24hz an put a blu ray disc like I am Legend. Flashes happen on the title screen, the speical features screen, before the opening of the movie and on the credits. however no flashing occers when the movie it's self starts ( right where the women on the TV start talking) , on the speical feature footage or on the animated comic strips.

edit: I figure out the problem, the flashes occor because the title screen and menus where in 1080i, and this TV can't handel 1080i at 24hz. so i just uncheck 1080i and it works just fine now, no more flashes on the title screen or the menus.
post #473 of 486 Old 09-12-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:

Okay...

Electrical tape is in. The Ferrites are noise-less!

The only issue I have is with Geometry. I've tweaked it enough that it should be okay for viewing. I wish I could replace the screen...but does that entail the set going to the shop?

Well...I'll call customer service to see what they can do for me. Apparently I need their approval to get the screen replaced.

I had this tv 10 months and hadn't noticed the noise until a few weeks ago. Does Mits still offer a fix for this even though the warranty is up?
post #474 of 486 Old 11-26-2008, 11:16 AM

Anybody know where I can find the cnet recommended settings for the tv? I looked up the review but couldn't find their recommended settings.

edit: I've had the set for over a year now, should I purchase a lamp from Mitsu now? I ask because I don't know just how readily available the lamps are from Mitsubishi. And I'm guessing the lamp replacement process is something I do myself, right?
post #475 of 486 Old 02-23-2010, 09:04 AM

Hey all..

I started to get a flicker on the left side of my screen on my 65733. Techs came out to look at it and said the most exciting thing for someone with an extended warranty...LIGHT ENGINE.

Today I got a call from RC Willey and they are replacing it with a new 65737. BITCHIN.

- Todd

post #476 of 486 Old 02-23-2010, 10:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:

Hey all..

I started to get a flicker on the left side of my screen on my 65733. Techs came out to look at it and said the most exciting thing for someone with an extended warranty...LIGHT ENGINE.

Today I got a call from RC Willey and they are replacing it with a new 65737. BITCHIN.

So you just got upgraded to a 3D ready tv for free? You suck!
post #477 of 486 Old 02-23-2010, 06:01 PM

Yeah...I know.

Isn't it FANTASTIC!!!!????!!!!

- Todd

post #478 of 486 Old 03-22-2010, 01:37 PM

Hey Guys,
I have a quick question and was wondering if you could help me out... I have had the WD-65733 since January of 2008, and just noticed that the screen in constantly flickering... which I am assuming means I need to replace the bulb (2+ years out of it was pretty good!), but I am not quite sure what I need to do to replace it?

I know how to open the tv, but I was doing some research online and found out that there is the DLP Bulb AND a Cartridge... How do I know which one (or both) needs to be replaced? The flickering is also much more obvious on the left side of the screen, and I thought that the bulb should be even light on the whole tv, no?

Thanks a lot

I am officially seeing Purple
post #479 of 486 Old 04-29-2011, 09:29 PM

Liked: 32
Just got a 73733 off CL. Bad ballast. Anyone aware of a place to get a replacement from and how much I am looking at spending. Sorry to revive such an old thread.
post #480 of 486 Old 08-27-2011, 03:01 PM

I have a Mitsubishi WD-65733 TV and recently got a Yamaha AV receiver (RX-V667), and a motorola DCH6416 cablebox through time warner. I made all connections using HDMI cables.

I connected the cablebox to the receiver's HDMI 1 port, and the DVD Player to receiver's HDMI 2 port.

I also connected the receiver's "HDMI out" to the TV's HDMI 1 port.

Everything has been working great since April, but a couple of days ago I turned everything on and had audio from TV through receiver but no video. I unplugged the power to the receiver, unhooked all the HDMI connections and proceeded to reconnect them. I then plugged the power to the receiver again, turned everything on and I still have sound, but no video. I tried switching HDMI cables but no luck. Now, I'm getting a message on the TV that reads "HDMI switching through AV receiver is not supported. Please connect to the TV Digital Out". I never got this message before. I can still hear everything but not see it (no video). I also did one more thing, I connected the cablebox and DVD player straight to the TV (with no connections to the receiver at all) and I was able to get an audio and video signal from the cablebox and DVD player, which tells me that the problem might be with the TV's ability to get the video signal from the AV receiver through HDMI. But why did this setup work just fine since April and it now just decided to output the message described above?

Thanks!
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page