Official 2007-2008 Mitsubishi WD-**733 DLP - Page 17 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #481 of 486 Old 08-27-2011, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 39
You likely have an issue with the AVR and NOT the TV itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #482 of 486 Old 08-27-2011, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splicer010 View Post
Just got a 73733 off CL. Bad ballast. Anyone aware of a place to get a replacement from and how much I am looking at spending. Sorry to revive such an old thread.
Had a bad ballast AND a bad main board. Ebay to the rescue! TVBservice really took care of me and I highly recommend them if you need parts for your TV. VERY reasonable considering the cost of a new TV and VERY easy to repair yourself. Just swap a bad module for a known good one and VOILA!
post #483 of 486 Old 08-29-2011, 03:40 PM
GEP
Advanced Member

Liked: 17
1. Disconnect the AVR from the TV.
2. Delete that HDMI input in the Input Name menu.
3. Use the System Reset (small resessed button under the front control panel.
4. Reconnect the AVR to the TV HDMI input.
5. You should now be able to see the picture of from the AVR to be able to see the AVR menu. Enter the AVR menu and turn off the CEC or HDMI Control feature.

The Mitsubishi is compatible with HDMI CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) for DVD and Blu-ray but not for CEC for AVRs. The message you are getting is the AVR trying to establish an CEC connection and the TV responds that it is not compatible. If you turn off CEC in the AVR menu the problem should go away.
post #484 of 486 Old 01-21-2013, 07:14 PM

Liked: 10
I am considering buying one of these TVs used and am in need of some general advice. How much do lamps cost and how long do they last? Would anyone here have any objections to owning this Mitsubishi DLP, new or used?
post #485 of 486 Old 01-21-2013, 07:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8086 View Post

I am considering buying one of these TVs used and am in need of some general advice. How much do lamps cost and how long do they last? Would anyone here have any objections to owning this Mitsubishi DLP, new or used?

I'd definitely advise against buying this set over new.

The quality of DLP RPTV's has advanced so much in the last few years. Seriously, if you were to compare a new set to that set you'd hate yourself for buying that 733!

Anyways to answer the rest of your question if you do buy it (which you really shouldn't!!!), new lamps can last a good 2-4 years depending on usage and how soon you get tired of an ever increasing darker picture.

Lamps shouldn't cost you more than $50 for a brand new lamp. Right now checking prices I can see that they can be had for around $35.00 shipped.
post #486 of 486 Old 01-21-2013, 09:30 PM

How much? These are AWESOME sets! See post 482 above... cool.gif

Lamps for about $40 shipped last about a year with heavy use, longer being more moderate.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page