post #3121 of 3128 Old 06-20-2014, 02:39 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylegado View Post
My TV would not power up. It was stuck with the blinking lights. I followed the instructions exactly and TV is still working great. The TV does not need to be able to power up to receive firmware update. If you are dealing with the same blink code I did and follow the instructions to a T I'm certain this will remedy it. Good luck
Seems simple enough but its not working for me. Maybe the card has something to do with it. I'm using a Sandisk 8gb ultra SD. Its the same size as the older generation SD card but maybe the TV can’t read it because its ultra SD or because its 8gb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3122 of 3128 Old 06-20-2014, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wish View Post
Seems simple enough but its not working for me. Maybe the card has something to do with it. I'm using a Sandisk 8gb ultra SD. Its the same size as the older generation SD card but maybe the TV can’t read it because its ultra SD or because its 8gb.
You must use the proper SD card stated in the instructions. I went to 3 different places before finally finding at Walmart. Use the correct size card and I'm certain you will have success.
post #3123 of 3128 Old 06-24-2014, 12:16 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
My TV would not power up. It was stuck with the blinking lights. I followed the instructions exactly and TV is still working great. The TV does not need to be able to power up to receive firmware update. If you are dealing with the same blink code I did and follow the instructions to a T I'm certain this will remedy it. Good luck
Do you know what class card you used? The instructions say that a 2GB card works but doesn't say anything about the class and I would think that would have more to do with it working than the size. I still haven't been able to find a 2GB locally so I tried a class 4 8GB card and it still didn't work. Class 4 is pretty low so at this point it means that the size is a critical criteria OR my TV has other issues (i.e. light engine is toast). I'm going to hunt for a 2GB class 4 card but if that doesn't work I think I have to accept that it has other more serious issues that aren't worth fixing.
post #3124 of 3128 Old 06-24-2014, 05:22 PM
Advanced Member

Found a 2GB class 4 card. No go. Acts like there isn't even a card in the slot. It was certainly worth trying but it looks like mine is the same 3 yellow light blink symptom but a different root cause (I'm guessing the dreaded light engine).
post #3125 of 3128 Old 06-24-2014, 10:28 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wish View Post
Do you know what class card you used? The instructions say that a 2GB card works but doesn't say anything about the class and I would think that would have more to do with it working than the size. I still haven't been able to find a 2GB locally so I tried a class 4 8GB card and it still didn't work. Class 4 is pretty low so at this point it means that the size is a critical criteria OR my TV has other issues (i.e. light engine is toast). I'm going to hunt for a 2GB class 4 card but if that doesn't work I think I have to accept that it has other more serious issues that aren't worth fixing.
The one I used was 2 gig class 4 that is backwards compatible with class 2. Below is a link to exactly what worked for me. Walmart had it in-stock. Also, make sure you after you unzip you transfer all files to card. I seem to remember reading a post where that was the problem one person was having.

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/PNY-2GB-Premium-Secure-Digital-Memory-Card/11078643
post #3126 of 3128 Old 06-25-2014, 04:27 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The problem with any card over 2GB is that it is the newer SDHC standard which our TVs don't know how to handle. The class refers to transfer speed and shouldn't make any difference.
post #3127 of 3128 Old 07-01-2014, 07:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
The one I used was 2 gig class 4 that is backwards compatible with class 2. Below is a link to exactly what worked for me. Walmart had it in-stock. Also, make sure you after you unzip you transfer all files to card. I seem to remember reading a post where that was the problem one person was having.

http://mobile.walmart.com/ip/PNY-2GB...-Card/11078643
I found that one at my local WM and tried. No such luck...same result. The TV seems DOA other than the 3 blinking lights. I'm was thinking the next likely culprit was the light engine but now leaning towards the power supply. I'm going to take a volt meter and test the voltage on the power supply board (Service Manual says it should have 5 volts on PB80 pins 6 & 7). If not I see used ones on eBay for $65 and will likely give that a shot.

If anyone else on the board has had issues with the power supply board that resulted in the 3 yellow blinking lights I would be very interested to hear!
post #3128 of 3128 Old 07-15-2014, 01:42 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have an Toshiba 46LX177 which quit working last Thursday, 7/8. I tried the SD card repair method with a 1 GB Sandisk SD card and a 8 GB Sandisk SD card. Both didn't work. For the heck of it, I found a 512MB Sandisk SD card on Ebay for $10 and purchased it.

Received the SD card today, 7/15 and checked to be sure it was formatted FAT. Followed the instructions to unzip the download and copy those files to the 512MB Sandisk SD card. Unplugged the lcd, removed the service cover, inserted the card, plugged back in the lcd. The light flashed yellow a couple of times and then went green and yellow. Unplugged the power cord, removed the 512MB Sandisk and then plugged back in the power cord. Push the button on the LCD and everything is back to normal. I guess that new 4K led will have to wait.

Thank you guys for the repair info.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Toshiba , Panasonic , Lcd Hdtv , Sony

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page