Issue with Sony KP61 HS10. Please help! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-29-2007, 01:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys... I just bought an HLT6187S to replace my relegated-to-video-games seven year old KP61 HS10.

BUT, all of a sudden in 4:3 on the KP, something is all KINDS of crazy on every input. I am getting pincushion on top and bottom of over 1.5/2.0 inches. Additionally, the colors will not converge at all. The center is fine but the more toward all four corners you go the more they are separated. By a LOT, like an inch or so off. The kicker is that everything is perfect in 16:9 on input 5. As soon as I switch back to 4:3 though it freaks out again.

I was just watching a DVD on input 5 in 16:9/1080i and when I switched back to 4:3/480i and the problem was there just like that. I guess I was wondering if anyone has seen this issue before or could tell me if there is are some button acrobatics I can use to reset everything to a factory default. I have not messed around in the service menu as I am not sure how to get in there. I am out of ideas. Anyone help?

Thanks very much!

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-29-2007, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 181
You might try re-assigning your inputs so say DVD is on input 3. I have the 61HS10 and so far my only problem is it takes awhile for it to focus. Sometimes I end up hitting flash focus two or three times.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-29-2007, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Andy,

Thanks for the reply but I am pretty sure that it has nothing to do with source material. I can have it on just noise/snow on any input with nothing plugged in and the screen is still doing the same thing.

Thanks again!

Eric
post #4 of 5 Old 05-29-2007, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Liked: 181
I'm not sure how many technically oriented viewers here can comment on the HS10 series but I would imagine any CRT RPTV would be subject to the problem your seeing. My guess is that the cost of repairing the problem is not going to be a good investment. The salesman I bought mine from is still around. I'll ask him if has experienced this problem.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-30-2007, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Great, thanks very much! I figured that if anyone could help they would be here. Have a good one.

Eric
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page