Samsung 720p Owner's Thread --- HLTXX75S DLP Models - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 372 Old 09-24-2009, 11:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I'm having one of the same problems as mic_q and wondered if anyone had any ideas on a solution.

The TV is about two years old at this point and has already had a lamp replacement. When the lamp was going out the TV would turn off and then not come back on until days later.

Now when turning on the unit, it will turn itself off after a couple of minutes. Turning it back on will give another few minutes of view time before it turns off again. Usually this will happen 2 - 4 times before the TV will finally stay on permanently, usually for hours.

The lamp is only a few months old, so it doesn't seem like that should be the problem, plus it works fine once it goes through the cycle of shutting off a few times at the beginning.

Any idea what this could be?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 372 Old 12-07-2009, 07:28 AM

I bought this tv two years ago , and found out it was too big for the room I planned on putting it in...I gave it to my brother, and a couple months ago . it started getting white dots all over the screen ....what is this??

is the screen dying? can it be repaired?
post #363 of 372 Old 12-28-2009, 10:12 PM

marvelgoalie: As far as the white dots I found another post saying it was possibly a board (DMB I think?) However, after speaking with a service tech who's been out on my 5075s 4 times, I'd say start with the lamp first. He showed my my lamp when I had him out trying to fix my ongoing problem and explained that the initial startup of the lamp can cause arcs that damage the bulb then produce all sorts of little dust flecks inside the lamp itself. Thats why frequent power cycling isn't recommended.

I wanted to drop by the post to say goodbye to my 5075s. I've very much enjoyed it since we got it despite the tuner issue...I've not so much enjoyed my experience with Samsung support trying to get it resolved...but it looks like in about a week it will be replaced free of charge with a LN46B550. Not happy about losing 4 inches but I suppose its what I can get. (Check my userprofile for homepage, then click "samsung" tag if you care for that read)
post #364 of 372 Old 12-28-2009, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnile View Post

Any QAM channel experts here?

This Samsung has a built-in QAM decoder which is free, unencrypted HD channels that all cable companies have to broadcast locals in.

Anyway, I get a lot of QAM channels, but I just noticed that I dont get FOX, so I asked my buddy who lives down the road which channel it is and he said its 117-1. So, I tried to punch in 117-1 and the tv wont do anything.

I looked in the Menu under Channel list and it looks the tv doesn't even scan that range. The channel menu has 116-10 and then skips all the way up to 124-1. Anyone know why it does that? Anyone know if there is a firmware flash for the set that may correct this?

Ah, my buddy also said that his Sony wont get 117-1. He said he only gets 117-1 on his Hauppauge tv tuner card on his pc.

Anyone have any insight on this issue?

Sorry for the massive delay on this reply, but I figured I would attempt to answer: Signal strength based on the tuner perhaps, or perhaps its related to the ongoing problem of the bad tuner firmware in the set that I've tried to get fixed the past two years. The tuner is flaky.
post #365 of 372 Old 02-16-2010, 12:18 PM

I have a 2+ year old 50 inch DLP model, and in the last two weeks, at very random times, the volume has shot all the way up to 100 and then freezes. Had to unplug the tv to turn it off, and then plugging it back in seemed to fix things (although I had to do that twice the last time this happened to fix it.) Even when I had the volume down to 0, as I was using my surround speakers, it suddenly shot up to 100.

One other point (may or not be related)
On occasion since I have owned it, the TV would not turn off when I pressed power, but rather would make a screeching noise and turns itself on and off and then stay on. After which, I could just turn it off, so I have basically ignored that problem. Figured I would mention now in case it is connected to the volume thing.

sjn
post #366 of 372 Old 02-22-2010, 10:10 AM

Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread, but if you are, I posted a note about how my HLT unit is suddenly having the volume shoot to 100 and then locking up. This weekend it did it a few more times, and then suddenly shot into the display menu and was blinking back and forth. It was as if someone was holding the remote buttons down to keep bouncing into different menus. But I had already taken the batteries out of the remote in case a button was stuck or something, so I don't know what the cause is.

Any ideas? Or anywhere else on the forum to post this?

sjn
post #367 of 372 Old 05-16-2010, 08:00 PM

Liked: 11
A friend of mine is having a problem with his 5075S. When he first goes to turn on the TV in the morning it will attempt to turn on but then shuts off. After that 1st attempt it will then turn on as normal. He just had the bulb replaced a few months ago and the blinking light indicates an overheating problem but the TV couldn't be overheated because it's been off overnight. It's always the same, 1 cycle and then it's fine. Any ideas before he has to put in a service call.
post #368 of 372 Old 06-18-2010, 06:00 PM

Just received this in an email from Samsung today:

Dear XXXXX,

Our records show you own a Samsung DLP television HLT5675SX/XAA.
Under a class-action settlement, you might be eligible for a free repair or reimbursement of the repair costs that you have already paid.
Please see the attached notice(Class Action Settlement Notice.pdf)
regarding the settlement.
For additional information, visit our web site www.samsung.com/dlptvsettlement,
or call 888-899-7602 between 9am and 9pm EST.

Thank you,
The Samsung Service Team

Question is now, what should I look for in my TV for this symptom? What is the repair process? Most importantly....DO I GET A NEW BULB AS A RESULT????
post #369 of 372 Old 06-21-2010, 07:22 AM - Thread Starter

post #370 of 372 Old 06-21-2010, 12:33 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by intendedaccel View Post

Just received this in an email from Samsung today:

Dear XXXXX,

Our records show you own a Samsung DLP television HLT5675SX/XAA.
Under a class-action settlement, you might be eligible for a free repair or reimbursement of the repair costs that you have already paid.
Please see the attached notice(Class Action Settlement Notice.pdf)
regarding the settlement.
For additional information, visit our web site www.samsung.com/dlptvsettlement,
or call 888-899-7602 between 9am and 9pm EST.

Thank you,
The Samsung Service Team

Question is now, what should I look for in my TV for this symptom? What is the repair process? Most importantly....DO I GET A NEW BULB AS A RESULT????

Got the same email and like you, don't know what the 'shadow effect' they are referring to.
post #371 of 372 Old 12-26-2011, 12:17 PM

I know this is an old thread but Samsung is still servicing out of warranty TV's of this model and want to share my experience.

I have model # HL-T5675s that I've owned since Nov 07 and last week have been developing white and black dots all over the screen. Called 1800 samsung and they are sending a tech out for a free one time repair to swap out the DMD chip. This will be my first problem with this set since I've bought it. We'll see how it goes.
post #372 of 372 Old 01-29-2012, 09:06 AM

Buzzam - How did the service from Samsung go? Did they tell you that you will have to pay for labor?
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page