Problem with SXRD not displaying 480i/p - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-04-2007, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 50" Sony SXRD and all of a sudden it shifted the entire picture to the left if your watching std cable. But if you watch HD cable or a DVD, which is broadcasted in 1080i, the picture is perfect and centered like it should.
So i called up BestBuy and had their tech come out and he said it was my cable box that was messed up. So then i had the cable tech come out and he said that it is indeed the tv because if you don't allow the tv to broadcast in 480i/p then the picture on std cable will center itself and look normal. But everytime you turn the tv back on you have to reset it and delete the 480i/p once again.
So anyways i called up BestBuy again and a tech is suppose to come out in like two more weeks. So i figured i'd post this and see if anyone on here may know what's up???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-05-2007, 08:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackpilot View Post

I have a 50" Sony SXRD and all of a sudden it shifted the entire picture to the left if your watching std cable. But if you watch HD cable or a DVD, which is broadcasted in 1080i,

DVD is not 1080i, unless you have an upscaling players and set it to that. So why don't you set it to 480i/p. If it shifts, you know it's the TV. If it doesn't, it's probably the cable box. You could plug the cable directly to the TV to check too.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-05-2007, 10:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Given all things being equal, it's usually the cable box. However, it's good to be sure since 90% of the time everyone will point at someone else when they don't know and you usually have to prove it to them beyond a shadow of a doubt.

First, more details would be good. Exactly which SXRD model do you have, what exact cable box (and what cable company), and how do you have them connected? If you want to use the DVD player to test against, also knowing what that is and how you have it hooked up waould be useful. It's also important to know if you are sending the video signal through a receiver or other type of switch.
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page