Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by steppinrazer View Post

go figure!

better get one on order pronto

Moneys tight right now. Mid-atlantic snow storm F'd up my house. 3 feet of snow on the roof is not good. Just dropped $1G on the deductible for my insurance. I'll ride out the life on this bulb and hopefully buy one next month.

Ah, well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 466 Old 02-27-2010, 08:38 AM

so after a few weeks of using this new "OEM equivalent" bulb I have noticed some very annoying flickering that happens intermittently. I tried to live with it but its just too annoying and noticeable

I put in the old bulb, so far no flicker. I'm sending this new bulb back and ordered this lamp from amazon which seems to be OEM rather than OEM equivalent. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDF-50E30...7288620&sr=8-2

frustrating/nerve wracking. hopefully this 2nd bulb will bring me better luck
post #453 of 466 Old 03-01-2010, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icespide View Post

so after a few weeks of using this new "OEM equivalent" bulb I have noticed some very annoying flickering that happens intermittently. I tried to live with it but its just too annoying and noticeable

I put in the old bulb, so far no flicker. I'm sending this new bulb back and ordered this lamp from amazon which seems to be OEM rather than OEM equivalent. http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDF-50E30...7288620&sr=8-2

frustrating/nerve wracking. hopefully this 2nd bulb will bring me better luck

at least its not that much more. Let me know how it goes. I will order from the same place as you, as long as the bulb seems good. Thanks for the link.

Ah, well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks... yeah.
post #454 of 466 Old 03-01-2010, 06:59 AM

yeah my old lamp doesn't seem to flicker at all which is a bit of a relief so at least its not a more serious problem with my tv.

I got expedited shipping on the new lamp so it should get here earlier this week.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.
post #455 of 466 Old 03-05-2010, 08:12 AM

I got the new lamp yesterday, the one I ordered from amazon which was Philips bulb + housing.

so far no flicker and WOW this new bulb looks AMAZING. The TV is so freaking bright it is like a brand new TV. I don't remember the TV ever looking this good with my previous bulb.

Highly recommend the lamp from amazon. here's the link again: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
post #456 of 466 Old 03-05-2010, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icespide View Post

I got the new lamp yesterday, the one I ordered from amazon which was Philips bulb + housing.

so far no flicker and WOW this new bulb looks AMAZING. The TV is so freaking bright it is like a brand new TV. I don't remember the TV ever looking this good with my previous bulb.

Highly recommend the lamp from amazon. here's the link again: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Awesome. I will order my replacement from there. Thanks again for the info.

post #457 of 466 Old 04-30-2010, 09:13 PM

Just installed the replacement bulb you suggested,. Got here in three days and looks tv looks new. Thanks!

post #458 of 466 Old 06-27-2010, 04:43 AM
EJ
AVS Special Member

Has anyone recently used the Bravia internet streaming box recently withis model?

Former USSB uplink operator.
post #459 of 466 Old 07-01-2010, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ View Post

Has anyone recently used the Bravia internet streaming box recently withis model?

For $200 you could get a PC and hook it up.

post #460 of 466 Old 09-28-2010, 09:44 PM
EJ
AVS Special Member

This thread has been quiet. My46" was looking a little dim, but nothing extreme. I decided to replace the lamp. Then I could always use the old one as a temp spare.

New lamp worked wonders! I don't think it looked this good new. I dialed the iris way back. I love this set! It's a shame they abandoned the line. I know it's not as well regarded as the A line SXRD's. It works for me. My in-laws have a 720p 42E2000, heavy tv watchers on their 2nd lamp. They said replacing it was like having a new set again.

Former USSB uplink operator.
post #461 of 466 Old 10-07-2010, 06:20 AM

My 2 year old daughter got the remote and turned the tv off then on again. When it came back on the screen was flickering. The picture was there but it was flashing. I waited a few minutes and turned the tv off. It then went to a bright white screen for a minute or two then turned off. I could also smell a burning smell for a minute. After giving the set time to cool, I turned it back on and it is working normally. Any ideas on what happened and should I call for service since I have 1 month left under warranty? Thanks for any help.
post #462 of 466 Old 10-27-2011, 05:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 17
IMPORTANT NOTICE

I maintain the informational web site on Sony optical block and related problems with their 2002-2007 rear projection liquid crystal TVs. Sony had been running an "optical block program" for about 1-1/2 years in which owners of these failed TVs received discounts off newer direct-view LCD TVs in exchange for a legal release. This program was abruptly terminated today, and the "I Have A Defective Sony TV" Facebook page, with tens of thousands of customer posts, was turned off.

If you have a pending settlement with Sony for a failed optical block, you should probably try to resolve it quickly, as it is unknown whether Sony will be offering any future program. There is an alternative Facebook page called "I Still Have a Defective Sony TV" that can be used for general discussion/complaints.

Sony LCD Rear Projection TV Problems: informational web site
SPL Moxi FAQ: comprehensive guide to Moxi DVRs.
post #463 of 466 Old 02-14-2012, 03:12 PM

Happy to say that I've just installed the Third new bulb into this set today. While it has been re-tasked to a kids room TV for several years it has served us well since 2007, and obviously has a ton of hours on it with no issues.

replaced w/ a phillips bulb again, and it looks great.
post #464 of 466 Old 05-08-2012, 05:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I see a lot of people are replacing their bulbs after 5 years. My wife is telling me the issue she is having is there is an intermittent flicker and the tv will turn itself off and back on. Anyone else see this?

"How long were you in Mexico?"
" uh...a week, no, no, a day..."
"Well, which is it a week or a day?
"uh...a weekday?"
post #465 of 466 Old 07-09-2012, 12:20 PM

Glad to read this thread.

Just put a new bulb in. Maybe a couple of weeks ago. My first buld lasted 3 years.

Now I am seeing this slight flickering, off and on. It might go away after the set is heated up.

But then I notice a change of brightness, off and on, as if the auto aperture is kicking on and off. But I have it set to medium.

Feel like it happens on brite scenes. If I pause the screen and let it sit, I can see it get brighter and then darker, without any change of image. So I know it is not reacting to change of image.

Anyone else have a solution fot this?

Love the set. Has been working great till now.
post #466 of 466 Old 05-02-2014, 08:15 PM

Is anyone else still rockin' the KDF-(XX)E3000 series? I put my second bulb in my 50" last Spring, and she's still humming along like a spry teenager!

I just got the Disney WOW calibration disc and wondered if anyone else had impressions they'd like to share...

Thanks!
Reply Rear Projection Units

Tags
Sony , Sony Kdf 50e3000 Kdf50e3000 Lamp With Housing Xl2500 , Sony Kds 50a2020 Kds50a2020 Lamp With Housing Xl5200
Gear in this thread - 50a2020 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page