2007 Samsung HL-Txx76 Owner's Thread - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1171 of 1965 Old 11-15-2007, 10:12 AM
Member
 
mooninite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smi2710 View Post

i am thinking about getting the SAM HLT5676S from circuit city they have a good deal on it right now

but you guys have me worried about this bowing issue

i wouldbe replacing a 42" plasma and im a lil skeptical of going to a DLP RP after having a plasma

Avoid the HL-T5676S. Get an LED set. They have no bowing.
mooninite is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1172 of 1965 Old 11-15-2007, 12:13 PM
Member
 
IndyBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Being new to DLP televisions, I was worried about something. I've noticed when my 6 year old son runs through the living room, the picture shakes a bit on the TV. Is this normal, and if so, is there some form of shock absorber that will protect the projector from being shaken around?
'Blues
IndyBlues is offline  
post #1173 of 1965 Old 11-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Member
 
suncom3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
brianmcj81. read your question 3 pages back. did you ever get your tv to work at 24 hz with the toshiba a30 hd dvd player? Im trying to decide to get the older cheap model of a2 that does 1080i or spend the extra $ and get the 1080p a30,but if the tv will not switch to 24 hz with it why bother.
I do have a ps3 and have set the ps3 to the forced 24 hz mode and the tv does play at 24 hz when the info button is pressed it shows up.
suncom3 is offline  
post #1174 of 1965 Old 11-15-2007, 04:17 PM
Newbie
 
eburnett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Earlier in this thread someone else commented about magenta banding on their Samsung DLP, just wanted to let you guys know I've been fighting with this banding on 4 different sets now and just tonight found the answer. It was the grounding of my coax cable for digital T.V going into my Motorola receiver that was causing it all. After getting a surge protecting powerbar with coax in/outs and going coax from the wall into the bar, and then from the bar into the receiver everything is perfect. Just had to share it!
eburnett is offline  
post #1175 of 1965 Old 11-15-2007, 07:27 PM
Newbie
 
gateway75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Without reading the 500+ pages of posting on that owners forum, do the LED DLP **87S have all the problems like the **76S?
gateway75 is offline  
post #1176 of 1965 Old 11-16-2007, 09:33 AM
Newbie
 
jaytypes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
would the 5676 work with the toshiba a30 in 24hz? I have the a3 and was getting ready to exchange it should I get the a30? Is it worth it?
jaytypes is offline  
post #1177 of 1965 Old 11-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Member
 
mooninite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytypes View Post

would the 5676 work with the toshiba a30 in 24hz? I have the a3 and was getting ready to exchange it should I get the a30? Is it worth it?

I watched Casino Royale with 60Hz. Then again with 24Hz. I couldn't tell a difference. I guess you'll "feel better" knowing it is showing you 24Hz, but I don't see a visual difference.
mooninite is offline  
post #1178 of 1965 Old 11-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Newbie
 
jaytypes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
it's just I read if you want the a30 to look real good in 1080p it needs to be on 24hz is that true?
jaytypes is offline  
post #1179 of 1965 Old 11-16-2007, 07:34 PM
Member
 
Slovencore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just picked up a 5076 from my BBY I work at and I am NOT impressed with the PQ whatsoever. The set seems really dark and my Blu-ray seems very grainy. I replaced a 37" LG LCD 720p set which seemed much more vivid than this set. Perhaps I have some settings that need to be changed (i tried 2 calibration settings that were posted on here) or maybe I need better HDMI cables. Anyone have any advice for me?
Slovencore is offline  
post #1180 of 1965 Old 11-16-2007, 08:45 PM
Member
 
mooninite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 171
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slovencore View Post

I just picked up a 5076 from my BBY I work at and I am NOT impressed with the PQ whatsoever. The set seems really dark and my Blu-ray seems very grainy. I replaced a 37" LG LCD 720p set which seemed much more vivid than this set. Perhaps I have some settings that need to be changed (i tried 2 calibration settings that were posted on here) or maybe I need better HDMI cables. Anyone have any advice for me?

Do you have any bowing? Bring up the main menu. It should be a *COMPLETELY* straight line all the way across. It should NOT look like it's curving.

As for PQ, set your TV this way:

Mode: Movie
Contrast: 35
Brightness: 55
Sharpness: 0
Color: 60
Tint: 55-45
Color Tone: Normal
Size: Just Scan
Color Mode: sRGB

You do *NOT* need "better" HDMI cables. A *DIGITAL* signal is going through your HDMI cable. It will either get across, or it won't. There will be *NO* interference issues if you see the picture. A "bad" HDMI cable will NOT distort the picture.
mooninite is offline  
post #1181 of 1965 Old 11-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Member
 
Slovencore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having one more serious problem. Its pretty weird, and I dont understand it.

When I watch a blu-ray in 1080p, I'm getting blue snow in the blacks. When i put on my HD-DVD through 1080p, absolutely no problems. I'm running this through my HK AVR-247 Receiver. When I hook up the Blu-ray straight to the TV through 1080p, it works fine, no blue snow. Without having to read the 5 million pages, is this a known issue? I have a BD-P1200 and this blue snow is really pissing me off. Doesnt happen through 720p or 1080i.
Slovencore is offline  
post #1182 of 1965 Old 11-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Member
 
srt8-in-largo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 165
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by smi2710 View Post

i am thinking about getting the SAM HLT5676S from circuit city they have a good deal on it right now

but you guys have me worried about this bowing issue

i wouldbe replacing a 42" plasma and im a lil skeptical of going to a DLP RP after having a plasma

The HLTxx76S is a crap shoot IMO as are the other Samsung DLPs. If it's not bowing, it's uniformity or hot-spotting. I like this slim-line but I'm staying away from this generation. I think Samsung is a competent company, though, and that they have a true committment to improvement. I'd expect the next-gen DLP's to be much better.
srt8-in-largo is offline  
post #1183 of 1965 Old 11-17-2007, 02:59 PM
Advanced Member
 
DERG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Brown City, Michigan
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by smi2710 View Post

i am thinking about getting the SAM HLT5676S from circuit city they have a good deal on it right now

but you guys have me worried about this bowing issue

i wouldbe replacing a 42" plasma and im a lil skeptical of going to a DLP RP after having a plasma

My trials & tribulations with a HL-T5076S are well documented in this thread. At one time I exchanged it for a Sony 50" LCOS. After a week or so we exchanged it for another Samsung because the Sony's PQ never impressed us as much as the Samsung. After a few exchanges with Samsung we received a set without the bow issue & couldn't be happier.
Bottom line; IMO, I rather have the Samsung with bows than a Sony without them. But, to each their own.
Good luck choosing!
DERG is offline  
post #1184 of 1965 Old 11-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Newbie
 
frappe33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bought a HLT5676S today from Bestbuy - awesome bundle deal with a Xbox 360 - but I am pleased with my set. I don't see any bowing - not that there isn't any but the minimal amount if any is not a distraction to me. HD 1080i source from digital cable looks very good. I am comparing this display to the 46" RP Hitachi and the 42" Vizio Plasma in the house. Screen is much better than the Hitachi and comperable to the Vizio. I'm still tweaking the settings for my viewing room, but the settings listed in this thread (I tried three variations) are good starters as far as I can tell. All three seem to accomplish a very good picture that with different methods of corrections. If I come up with settings that are way different than the ones listed, or I come up with something that makes the set look better than the previously recommended I will post them here. Owners out there please do the same.

After spending hours last night reading about a few people's horror stories, I wanted to add a little something positive to the forum. After discounts and selling off the Xbox360 I'm out $1100. In my opinion the set is well worth that price and on day one I would say it is a good set for hundreds more.

Respectfully,
Mr. No buyers remorse.
frappe33 is offline  
post #1185 of 1965 Old 11-18-2007, 09:10 PM
Member
 
suncom3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
id like to see the answer for the above question about the a30 playing in 1080p/24hz on these tvs.does it make a difference and what is it really doing that makes it look better or worse?
suncom3 is offline  
post #1186 of 1965 Old 11-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Newbie
 
frappe33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quick question regarding calibration samples posted: it seems that the videophiles here all start off in Movie mode. In my living room Movie mode appears somewhat dark. I suppose it could just be a personal preference thing, or maybe comparing the DLP set to a bright Plasma. Do people out there start calibration in Dynamic or Standard, and why or why not? I'm new to the game here and trying to get the absolute best picture I can.
frappe33 is offline  
post #1187 of 1965 Old 11-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Newbie
 
pulsedrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by frappe33 View Post

Quick question regarding calibration samples posted: it seems that the videophiles here all start off in Movie mode. In my living room Movie mode appears somewhat dark. I suppose it could just be a personal preference thing, or maybe comparing the DLP set to a bright Plasma. Do people out there start calibration in Dynamic or Standard, and why or why not? I'm new to the game here and trying to get the absolute best picture I can.

The reason is that Movie is much more realistic skin tones, and color reproduction. At least that has been my experience.
pulsedrive is offline  
post #1188 of 1965 Old 11-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Advanced Member
 
DERG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Brown City, Michigan
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by frappe33 View Post

Quick question regarding calibration samples posted: it seems that the videophiles here all start off in Movie mode. In my living room Movie mode appears somewhat dark. I suppose it could just be a personal preference thing, or maybe comparing the DLP set to a bright Plasma. Do people out there start calibration in Dynamic or Standard, and why or why not? I'm new to the game here and trying to get the absolute best picture I can.

I'm no expert, but, I'll try. It's about your sets color temperature, brightness & contrast settings. By color temperature I mean the set's primary colors (red, blue & green) must be equally balanced to produce a proper greyscale at both high & low brightness. This color temperature is measured in Kelvin. D6500 or 6500k (k for Kelvin) is the industry standard for a perfect grayscale. An imbalance of red, blue & green will have an ill effect with your color viewing. In the past sets were calibrated with high color temperatures, meaning too much blue, because most showrooms were less than ideal with bright florescent lights. More blue made the set appear brighter, but of coarse, at the expense of good TV viewing.
Dynamic & Standard appear brighter because of a higher color temperatures meaning more blue & exaggerated brightness & contrast settings.
If you want to view your set as close to what the broadcast standards are select Movie. At this setting red, blue & green are calibrated close to broadcast standards to give natural, well balanced picture. The only way to get it better is to have the set professionally calibrated by a trained ISF tech ($300-$500).
HTH
DERG is offline  
post #1189 of 1965 Old 11-19-2007, 01:13 PM
Member
 
redlinemac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have 5676 and was told by a salesperson and an installer that this slimfit is wall mountable.

I found literature online stating that the set is WM-able by a Samsung exec at 2007 CES but I've called Samsung and their reps say otherwise.

Have any of you heard anything regarding this issue or do any of you currently have this set mounted on the wall?
redlinemac is offline  
post #1190 of 1965 Old 11-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Newbie
 
frappe33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DERG View Post

I'm no expert, but, I'll try. It's about your sets color temperature, brightness & contrast settings. By color temperature I mean the set's primary colors (red, blue & green) must be equally balanced to produce a proper greyscale at both high & low brightness. This color temperature is measured in Kelvin. D6500 or 6500k (k for Kelvin) is the industry standard for a perfect grayscale. An imbalance of red, blue & green will have an ill effect with your color viewing. In the past sets were calibrated with high color temperatures, meaning too much blue, because most showrooms were less than ideal with bright florescent lights. More blue made the set appear brighter, but of coarse, at the expense of good TV viewing.
Dynamic & Standard appear brighter because of a higher color temperatures meaning more blue & exaggerated brightness & contrast settings.
If you want to view your set as close to what the broadcast standards are select Movie. At this setting red, blue & green are calibrated close to broadcast standards to give natural, well balanced picture. The only way to get it better is to have the set professionally calibrated by a trained ISF tech ($300-$500).
HTH

Thank you very much for the detailed explanation. I have gone through every thread copying users settings and I'll try them and see what works best for my environment. Perhaps I just need to educate my eyes a bit on what the picture should be.
frappe33 is offline  
post #1191 of 1965 Old 11-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Newbie
 
stulevine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got my HLT6176S today. The picture while watching SD tv is amazing (getting the HD tuner box/DVR in a few days). However, I'm having trouble figuring out two things:
1) Can't get it to pass 5.1 surround sound through my receiver. I have the DVD player sending HDMI output to the tv as well as a digital audio output directly to the receiver. When I play something with 5.1, the screen pops up w/ a messag about "HDMI not supporting 5.1" What am I doing wrong here? Do you HAVE to use an optical audio cable from the tv to the receiver to make this work??
2) When playing any device through the HDMI cable I get five vertical lines running through the display from top to bottom of the screen. If I use the regular RCA cables from my SD cable box, no problem. But when playing the DVD or channeling the cable through the DVD player (which uses the HDMI cable), I get these lines of distortion. They seem evenly spaced (one is dead center, basically split screen...while two are on the right side of the screen and two are on the left). Any ideas about this?
Other than these issues (and the overall flimsiness of the tv), I really like it so far. Thanks for your help.
stulevine is offline  
post #1192 of 1965 Old 11-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Member
 
WILL_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I have a tech guy coming by Wed to look at the TV. I really want to get out from under this set. The bowing, flimsy design, and outright concern for long term affects has me really pissed off. What are the chances this guy tries to tell me this is to be expected. It falls within spec. If he does that I'm going to go through the roof. I don't want another TV and a bunch of service calls. I want them to ackowledge the obvious design flaw and give me a refund so I can start looking for another TV.

What do you think my chances are??
WILL_22 is offline  
post #1193 of 1965 Old 11-20-2007, 04:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
DERG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Brown City, Michigan
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Will_22
In an earlier post you said you just received a new HL-T5676S. That was 11-12-07. You didn't say where you purchased it from but places like BB & CC have a 30 day return for exchange/refund policy. If that's the case, go for it.
I stuck it out with my Samsung because of limited options. At the time of purchase only Samsung & Sony made RPTVs that were 1080P in the 50" size. I tried & didn't like the Sony at all & exchanged it for a HL-T5076S. After 2 exchanges I finally got a bow-less set & couldn't be happier.
I your case with a 56" model, there's models from JVC, Toshiba, Sony & Mitsubishi; maybe more.
Happy hunting!
DERG is offline  
post #1194 of 1965 Old 11-20-2007, 04:25 AM
Newbie
 
DSrugis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
We just got our 50" yesterday and we don't have HD yet (getting installed Friday) so we only have Directv which is connected to the TV with a regular cable cable (sorry - not AV inclined.) The thing is, the picture seems grainy and worse than our 15 year old 27" CRT. It looks this way with the directv signal or with DVDs (older unit with just RCA cables.) Is there something wrong with the TV or is it just that the picture isn't great unless I have a higher resolution going into the TV?

I can take a picture if that would help. Thanks for your help.

Dave
DSrugis is offline  
post #1195 of 1965 Old 11-20-2007, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member
 
DERG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Brown City, Michigan
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSrugis View Post

We just got our 50" yesterday and we don't have HD yet (getting installed Friday) so we only have Directv which is connected to the TV with a regular cable cable (sorry - not AV inclined.) The thing is, the picture seems grainy and worse than our 15 year old 27" CRT. It looks this way with the directv signal or with DVDs (older unit with just RCA cables.) Is there something wrong with the TV or is it just that the picture isn't great unless I have a higher resolution going into the TV?

I can take a picture if that would help. Thanks for your help.

Dave

Quality in; quality out. I have DirecTV HD & at times the SD material does look grainy. It depends on the channel. If this is your 1st HDTV you must keep in mind your set is upconverting everything to 1080P; which means it is converting about 300,000 pixels to over 2,000,000. So, if the SD material is so-so from the start, you're making it 6.7x more so.
You won't be disappointed with DirecTVs HD package. It's no way near the holy grail of Blu-Ray or HD DVD, but, it is very good.
Enjoy.
DERG is offline  
post #1196 of 1965 Old 11-20-2007, 02:39 PM
Member
 
WILL_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DERG View Post

Will_22
In an earlier post you said you just received a new HL-T5676S. That was 11-12-07. You didn't say where you purchased it from but places like BB & CC have a 30 day return for exchange/refund policy. If that's the case, go for it.
I stuck it out with my Samsung because of limited options. At the time of purchase only Samsung & Sony made RPTVs that were 1080P in the 50" size. I tried & didn't like the Sony at all & exchanged it for a HL-T5076S. After 2 exchanges I finally got a bow-less set & couldn't be happier.
I your case with a 56" model, there's models from JVC, Toshiba, Sony & Mitsubishi; maybe more.
Happy hunting!

DERG

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm past the 30 days and the place I bought it from is pretty much putting this back on Samsung. They need to acknowledge the design issue first, and that the TV can not be fixed before anything can even be done. And I don't want to get into a position of them trying to sell me that this is within spec. That is totally unacceptable!!!!! My argument will simply be, show me where in any advertisement, promotion, store flyer, spec description, etc. anything at all that a consumer would be looking at that says this!! Show me......

Show me where I bought this TV knowing full well that it came with a known design issue, and a 1/4" is acceptable. I would offer they can show me none of that.

So, we'll see what happens...........
WILL_22 is offline  
post #1197 of 1965 Old 11-20-2007, 03:49 PM
Advanced Member
 
DERG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Brown City, Michigan
Posts: 620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILL_22 View Post

DERG

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm past the 30 days and the place I bought it from is pretty much putting this back on Samsung. They need to acknowledge the design issue first, and that the TV can not be fixed before anything can even be done. And I don't want to get into a position of them trying to sell me that this is within spec. That is totally unacceptable!!!!! My argument will simply be, show me where in any advertisement, promotion, store flyer, spec description, etc. anything at all that a consumer would be looking at that says this!! Show me......

Show me where I bought this TV knowing full well that it came with a known design issue, and a 1/4" is acceptable. I would offer they can show me none of that.

So, we'll see what happens...........

I see... Well, I purchased my set from BB. Exchanged it twice for Samsungs because of bows; then exchanged it for the Sony. The Sony had a color problem. Decided to go back to Samsung & fight it out with them (why beat up BB when Samsung's the problem?). 1-800-SAMSUNG is the service #. Just keep the heat on them until they agree to replace the set. Settle for nothing short of replacement. Once they start replacing, keep rejecting any set that has bows until you get a good one. It's painful but worth it.
Samsung knows they blew it. Your not telling them anything new. Just keep the heat on until they eat it!
HTH & good luck!
DERG is offline  
post #1198 of 1965 Old 11-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Member
 
WILL_22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DERG View Post

I see... Well, I purchased my set from BB. Exchanged it twice for Samsungs because of bows; then exchanged it for the Sony. The Sony had a color problem. Decided to go back to Samsung & fight it out with them (why beat up BB when Samsung's the problem?). 1-800-SAMSUNG is the service #. Just keep the heat on them until they agree to replace the set. Settle for nothing short of replacement. Once they start replacing, keep rejecting any set that has bows until you get a good one. It's painful but worth it.
Samsung knows they blew it. Your not telling them anything new. Just keep the heat on until they eat it!
HTH & good luck!

DERG

Once again, I appreciate the reply and good wishes. I'm already off to a great start with these clowns. They just called saying the appointment for tomorrow was really just an estimate based on availability!!! Now they're saying they really have nothing for tomorrow and the first date will be next Tuesday before a tech can come out. I can already see where this is going.

I totally agree with you about Samsung knowing they blew it. The guy I spoke to that set up the appt basically told me that they need to go through the "process". They need to have the tech write it up that it can't be fixed. So, I'll play for a little while, but not long. As a matter of fact, I probably won't even go the replacement route. I want a refund and just get out from under the set. I wish everyone luck with these. I really do. But for me, I just have a bad feeling and want to cut my losses as quickly as possible.

But again, thanks for the feedback and support. I will definitely keep you posted as this plays out.
WILL_22 is offline  
post #1199 of 1965 Old 11-20-2007, 08:12 PM
gmz
Member
 
gmz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I Just got a xbox 360 and hooked up hdmi and i get no sound. Anyone have this problem with this set? Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I had to wire the sound directly to my receiver. I do get sound if I turn off the internal mute in the TV.

Thanks for any help.
gmz is offline  
post #1200 of 1965 Old 11-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Member
 
celiboy07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys I just got this set (5676s) on order and will be arriving on Sunday, the 25th. I would like to know if there is any way to tell which set is has the newest build date without opening up the box and checking the TV itself.

Is there any way to tell from the serial #, or any other information that is displayed outside the box to ensure that I will receive "minimal problems" with a set? I hope the newer sets have less of the bowing problem.

On a side note, I went into BB and looked at all their Samsung XX76S (50", 56", and 61"), and the bowing down at the bottom looks "acceptable". Not straight by any means, but it has a grin rather then a smile.

I hope this set works out. Any advice is greatly appreciated prior to my pickup. Thanks!
celiboy07 is offline  
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off