Mitsubishi Wd-62525 Timer light - AVS Forum

AVS Forum > Display Devices > Rear Projection Units > Mitsubishi Wd-62525 Timer light

Rear Projection Units

Reddawn's Avatar Reddawn
06:05 PM Liked: 10
post #1 of 27
06-19-2007 | Posts: 2
Greetings, my Mitsubishi DLP-62525 TV is not responding at all. The timer light blinks and will not reset. I have followed all directions in the owners manual without any luck. I have tried unplugging it and leaving it off for about six hours and still the rapid blinking timer light persit. I checked the bulb to see if that was the problem, but the bulb seems to be o.k. I bought the tv about three years ago and never had any issues untill now. Would appreciate any help with this problem. Thanks
trapperjohnMD's Avatar trapperjohnMD
06:48 PM Liked: 10
post #2 of 27
06-19-2007 | Posts: 577
replace DM
Reddawn's Avatar Reddawn
07:35 PM Liked: 10
post #3 of 27
06-20-2007 | Posts: 2
Thanks for the advise. Regards
trapperjohnMD's Avatar trapperjohnMD
08:22 PM Liked: 10
post #4 of 27
06-20-2007 | Posts: 577
anytime
Trapperjohn has spoken
crawdad1979's Avatar crawdad1979
06:42 PM Liked: 10
post #5 of 27
01-09-2008 | Posts: 1
Well after three years what do you know the caps went on the DM board. So I had a local place replace all six caps but after I reinstalled the board the blinking light will not go away. Does anyone know of something else that may cause the light not to turn off?
MOtvGuy's Avatar MOtvGuy
04:50 AM Liked: 10
post #6 of 27
01-10-2008 | Posts: 341
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawdad1979 View Post

Well after three years what do you know the caps went on the DM board. So I had a local place replace all six caps but after I reinstalled the board the blinking light will not go away. Does anyone know of something else that may cause the light not to turn off?

Replace the DM board.
Daniel Murray's Avatar Daniel Murray
08:43 PM Liked: 11
post #7 of 27
01-11-2008 | Posts: 1,082
Hi guys I talked with Harry Shulman the attorney that is putting the Class action lawsuit together on Mitsubishi. He is trying to get some of US Replacement TV , some will get Money back Or longer warranty.
But when you email him you need to give him all of your problems with TV and any money out of pocket
The more people that sign up the Better it will be for US
harry@millslawfirm.com
http://www.hdtvmagazine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8887
keeker's Avatar keeker
04:31 PM Liked: 10
post #8 of 27
11-16-2008 | Posts: 1
I am a blinker also. I just replaced 4 of the 1000ufs (3 were bulging). Still no joy.

Then I noticed down in the lower left section the the "hot ground" area that two of three of the white things???? caps???:? are burnt. Most likely my issue.

Does anyone know what these are so I can replace them???

also when I power the tv on. I get the click but just a blinking green light.

When I check the voltage test points most of them are about 1/3 of what they are supposed to be. Are these voltage test points to be at full power if the unit is on or off or both????

thanks

Keeker.
garciab's Avatar garciab
10:02 AM Liked: 32
post #9 of 27
11-17-2008 | Posts: 1,074
Check the xx725 owners thread to see if this has been seen before. There's a recent guide to fixing (if not all) common problems with this series of tvs. Good luck.
pwbilsky's Avatar pwbilsky
08:17 PM Liked: 10
post #10 of 27
12-13-2008 | Posts: 4
Has any one used a kit similar to servicemanuals.vstore.ca/product_info.php/pName/v26-chassis-block-capacitor-kit for $115. This kit does all the caps in the chassis. Is the best thing just to replace it all for longevity sake or will the smaller $35 DM kit take care of the blinking timer light? Is the V26 chassis problematic?
08:51 PM Liked: 10
post #11 of 27
12-13-2008 | Posts: 4
Any one got an electronic manual for tearing down the V26 chassis that they can share? The Mitsubishi service manual I downloaded only shows how to remove the chassis.
hi-phile's Avatar hi-phile
03:29 AM Liked: 10
post #12 of 27
01-27-2009 | Posts: 4
I have had this TV since Dec. 13, 2004. I purchased it at BB with 4 year ESP. I paid 4k for the set and the plan. The TV worked great for about the first 3 years, then it started experiencing problems such as blinking green LED Timer light but was remedied (or thought to be) after the bulb was replaced a 2nd time within 2 years. I did not think much about this, but I did read about the main board problems in various forum threads.

Recently, earlier in 2008 the GS tech came out because the blinky light showed up again. He just reset the TV and looked at and did not replace anything because the bulb had already been replaced by him earlier that same year. I told him that the set started to act up and needed to be reset once before as it would not power up.

Anyway, around Nov. 2008, I called GS to have a service tech come out because the set started to not turn on and was experiencing the green blinky LED and the set was needing to be reset (unplugged, then wait 5 to 10 minutes, then plug back in, and hit the reset button). This seemed to fix the problem, but soon I noticed the picture was getting streaky lines when the set was on for about 10 minutes. The longer the set was on, the worse the streaking became. I explained this to the service tech who was already called out the second time to too look at the problem. He got on the phone and then spoke to someone and he said it is a light engine problem. He said he would need to order the part and I asked him out of curiosity how much is this, and he told me the part was around 900 to replace (I did not know or care, because I was covered).

A little over a week has past, and I get a call from GS and said that my part is in and that I need to schedule for service. I called back and said that I will out of town when the service was scheduled (taking a week vacation in Dec). So they scheduled me for the following week. This was the time also was informed that my ESP was expiring so I said I wanted to renew it for an additional 3 years. They were going to bill me in 3 installments each month. This was close to the holidays anyway and the set was still working but with the streaks becoming more visible all over the screen. Then shortly again the set failed to turn on and I noticed the blinking LED again.

I called GS to find out when the tech is going to come out. The soonest a tech would be available was Jan 12 due to the holidays so my service call got pushed way out. Tech arrives and has the replacement light engine, but said he needs to take out the main boards first. He takes the whole thing out and separates the 3 input boards to replace 8 capacitors on two boards. After taking around 2.5 hours to do all this work and reassemble everything, the set fails to turn on even after several resetting attempts. He went on to tell me that he suspects the diodes on the board are bad but he did not have replacements for. Anyway, he tells me to call GS after a week to get a status on my work. Apparently, he needed to speak to his service manager about my situation as only a service tech can be the best judge on if the set is non-repairable and that I would qualify for replacement under the ESP.

So, I wait and call GS on the weekend and tell them I have been without a working TV for going on a month now and the tech had already come out to repair, and the problem did not get fixed, in fact the set never turns on all. The GS advisor says my problem is being escalated and should be reviewed this week. And that I will need to call again if I am not called by this Friday. I ask what is the turnaround after my case is reviewed. GS advisor said my issue should be reviewed on Monday and that it will take 3 to 5 days.

I hope my ESP pays off where BB will give me credit toward the purchase of another set. I do not want to get a DLP, especially a Mitsubishi after all the light engine problems I have read about too on the HDTV Mag forums.
Hipnotiq's Avatar Hipnotiq
09:38 AM Liked: 10
post #13 of 27
01-27-2009 | Posts: 1,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwbilsky View Post

Has any one used a kit similar to servicemanuals.vstore.ca/product_info.php/pName/v26-chassis-block-capacitor-kit for $115. This kit does all the caps in the chassis. Is the best thing just to replace it all for longevity sake or will the smaller $35 DM kit take care of the blinking timer light? Is the V26 chassis problematic?

wow, just looked at that site. $162 they want for the "kit".

they dont say exactly what you get in the kit, but whatever it is I assure you it is a huge scam.

If you consider about 16-20 1000mf electrolytic and a few smaller ones along with...i dont know 20-50 surface mounted caps. the max price should be about $30.
Hipnotiq's Avatar Hipnotiq
09:41 AM Liked: 10
post #14 of 27
01-27-2009 | Posts: 1,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi-phile View Post

I hope my ESP pays off where BB will give me credit toward the purchase of another set. I do not want to get a DLP, especially a Mitsubishi after all the light engine problems I have read about too on the HDTV Mag forums.

mits quality has seem to be improved greatly in the last 2 years.
sure you can get a small TV is you want. but other than a lamp replacement every 1.5-2 years there really isnt any known issues with the latest tvs.
01:29 PM Liked: 10
post #15 of 27
01-27-2009 | Posts: 4
For anyone keeping up, I replaced the "caps" that were swelling and the ones that chronicaly swell also. Cost a little less than $15 ordering what I needed from an electronics parts house. Got it all back together and still get a blinking light. Go-figure.

Guess I'll "part-out" the TV on EBay and go shopping for a LCD TV. I'm done with DLP!
hi-phile's Avatar hi-phile
01:39 PM Liked: 10
post #16 of 27
01-31-2009 | Posts: 4
How long does Mitsubishi keep the parts available for this set? Is 4 years the expected life for a DLP? I´ve been stuck dealing with BB/GS on my warranty replacement which I just renewed in Dec.

It seems that the service department of GS does not communicate with their warranty renewal departments who handle the review and replacement of the TV sets that cannot be repaired.

Since the renewal is prorated, I feel like they want to drag this out as long as possible because it will benefit them because they keep more of the warranty money.
gmb92's Avatar gmb92
09:38 PM Liked: 10
post #17 of 27
12-02-2009 | Posts: 2
I just wanted to post my flook repair of the green blinking timer light problem.

I have had a WD-62525 for over 3 years. The other day we moved it about 3 feet (gently), and that night we got the "Blinking Green Light Of Death!"
Yes it was the timer light and it wouldn't stop blinking. I started doing research on these forums, and came across a error code test function. It said to hold down Device and Menu for 5 seconds to get an error code. I tried this with no success, but it gave me the idea to try other key combos. I then held in Menu and Enter for 5-10 seconds (on the front panel), and the blinking light went out. (If it doesn't work, try other key combos) I was then able to power up the TV. It has functioned properly every time since (so far). This may be a random flook, but I figured it is worth trying. Please let me know if anyone has success with this. I figured it was worth spreading the word to try it.

Good luck to you all and Happy Holidays.

PS. If this works and save you a ton of money, please give me credit and feel free to donate a buck or two if you can spare it. (Times are hard... I can use it right now) If you can't, I am happy to help anyway!
PLEASE DONATE HERE:
sites.google.com/site/donatetosaveourhome
lcaillo's Avatar lcaillo
09:58 PM Liked: 10
post #18 of 27
12-02-2009 | Posts: 3,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Murray View Post

Hi guys I talked with Harry Shulman the attorney that is putting the Class action lawsuit together on Mitsubishi. He is trying to get some of US Replacement TV , some will get Money back Or longer warranty.
But when you email him you need to give him all of your problems with TV and any money out of pocket
The more people that sign up the Better it will be for US
harry@millslawfirm.com
http://www.hdtvmagazine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8887

Have you talked to Mitsubishi or your dealer? Mitsubishi customer relations has accomodated virtually every client with a V26 chassis set with these problems that we have sent to them. They have even replaced some sets. Typically they have covered the parts cost of a rebuilt chassis in which they change hundreds of caps. In the cases where the rebuilt one failed they have often replaced the set with a new model.

Do you really think these attorneys are going to get more out of them? These lawsuits almost never do.
fumama's Avatar fumama
04:06 PM Liked: 10
post #19 of 27
12-04-2009 | Posts: 1
Seems like I'm in the same boat. My picture went out today and the lamp light started flashing. I replaced the lamp 13 months ago and after pulling it out it looked good, so I took apart the TV and replaced 2 of the caps that were swollen. Put the TV back together and the Status light started blinking (red) 3 short blinks and 1 long blink. I pressed the reset button and the status light stopped blinking and now the timer light blinks green continuosly.
Anyone have any ideas or am I f**ked with this piece of s**t?
gmb92's Avatar gmb92
12:03 AM Liked: 10
post #20 of 27
12-06-2009 | Posts: 2
Thanks for the advice lcaillo. I will try contacting Mitsibishi. Is there a certain direction I should take as far as calling or the website? Any recommendations could be helpful. Thanks again.

PS. In addition to my last post... the problem re-occurred after unplugging the TV again... this time I was able to fix it by hitting reset...then holding power and cancel at the same time for several seconds. (On the front of the TV set)
ndpatelav's Avatar ndpatelav
09:01 AM Liked: 10
post #21 of 27
12-25-2009 | Posts: 6
I bought this set in Nov of 2004 along with the extended warranty. Every year I have had this set serviced...even had the entire Chasis replaced at one point. This morning the set has a rapidly blinking green light. I have got my money's worth with the cost of the warranty BUT my warranty expired in Nov so what I need to know is if I am screwed. Do I just trash this tv because I now from past warranty repairs that this will cost me at least $700...and then who kows what else will go wrong while draining my pocket book
QGGeneric's Avatar QGGeneric
10:36 AM Liked: 10
post #22 of 27
12-25-2009 | Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndpatelav View Post

I bought this set in Nov of 2004 along with the extended warranty. Every year I have had this set serviced...even had the entire Chasis replaced at one point. This morning the set has a rapidly blinking green light. I have got my money's worth with the cost of the warranty BUT my warranty expired in Nov so what I need to know is if I am screwed. Do I just trash this tv because I now from past warranty repairs that this will cost me at least $700...and then who kows what else will go wrong while draining my pocket book

I had a 62525 with the same issues. Here's what I did to get a replacement TV.
RJOHN1010's Avatar RJOHN1010
12:01 PM Liked: 10
post #23 of 27
12-26-2009 | Posts: 1
I received a WD-62525 which was not working. The timer light flashed after plugging it in, once it stopped the power button was pushed. It turns green for a few seconds, then there is a click as if something is trying to turn on, then the status light blinks twice, then a steady blink then it repeats. The previous owner changed out the bulb and it still did not work. I got working on it and changed out some capacitors and after replacing about 10 caps, I put it back together and it still did not work. I pushed the menu/device buttons and got the error code of 36. Any more suggestions as to what it could be? Is there any DYI way to fix this that I haven't tried?
dssturbo1's Avatar dssturbo1
02:45 PM Liked: 10
post #24 of 27
12-26-2009 | Posts: 5,651
Mits WD-62/52X25 owner's thread.......
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...44566&page=229

no reason to keep up these old threads. if you have one of these Mits models ask questions in the owners thread.
solitos's Avatar solitos
10:12 AM Liked: 10
post #25 of 27
05-09-2011 | Posts: 1
Hi. I have the blinking problem too, but I found a way to deal with it. When the led is blinking, I unplug the TV for some seconds. Plug it again and press the system reset button for about 20 seconds...release it and press it again for 20 seconds, release it again and the led will blink just for a minute or two. Now you can turn the TV on.

Greetings
angels's Avatar angels
06:46 PM Liked: 10
post #26 of 27
11-03-2011 | Posts: 1
[COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]Hi !

I try everything you say but the Status indicator light is a constant/flashing red.
[/color]

Any help???

Thanks!!!
SlaughterX's Avatar SlaughterX
10:15 AM Liked: 10
post #27 of 27
12-04-2011 | Posts: 839
My 65 incher from 07 just **** the bed with this issue. What pisses me off is that I just repaced the bulb a couple of months ago and then this happens. I'm done with this TV, time to move on to the 60 Panny ST.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Subscribe to this Thread