Official Mitsubishi WD-XX734 Owner's Thread - Page 68 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #2011 of 2011 Old 05-26-2015, 11:02 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 10
You might contact your local MT repair ship and talk to someone there to see if they can recommend any additional help and information.

Let us know what you find out.

Originally Posted by TooTone View Post
Hey I hope some of you still hang around this thread. I just got a wd-73734 for free as it was too dim to watch even with a new bulb. I cleaned the light engine and fixed the brightness issue it looks great.

I have 2 problems with it.

First, the humming issue. I have diligently searched, but I can't find an actual fix for this. I believe it has to be coming from the ballast, and may be caused by the old lamp (the person who had it before returned the new one they purchased for it). I will replace the lamp soon, but maybe you guys have another idea?

Secondly, weird geometry issue. For instance, when in the service menu pressing 0 brings up the keystone geometry options. It was way off in the bottom. straight lines were severely bowed. I have adjusted these to the best of my ability, and in between the adjustment points it's still heavily skewed. Also I believe this has something to do with it. The test pattern with the green boxes I think it's 3x12 of them. Those boxes seem wavy, like on my wd-57 they're perfectly flat. But on the 73 they're pretty wavy. Any ideas?

Anyways, I love this TV, and DLP's in general. If you guys have any ideas that would be awesome!
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page