Official Sony KDS-XXA3000 OWNERS THREAD! - Page 513 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5Likes

Old 12-22-2016, 06:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by storey13 View Post
I finally got around to replacing the lamp. Bought a OSRAM lamp from dlp lamp source and you were right, it was just the bulb! Hoping I can get another few years from this unit.

Thanks!
I'm glad that fixed it! I hope it works at least until there is a clearly superior replacement for it.

I'm still extremely pleased with mine. I think the nearly complete pixel fill (regardless of color) of SXRD projection makes the image a lot more film-like than a direct view display, where over 2/3rds of the pixel is left black when displaying a primary color. The lack of pixel fill is less noticeable on 4k TVs since the pixels are smaller, but I still think it makes a difference. The trade-off of course is less than perfect geometry (mine is near perfect on the bottom half, and bows in slightly on the top half), and overscan (I think mine is right at 2.5%). Color fade is also supposed to be a factor, but I haven't noticed any yet. My Phillips replacement bulb has a tendency to flicker occasionally, particularly when I have power saving mode on (which is part of my preferred dark room settings). It is minor but annoying, and no worse than flicker present in some film transfers on Blu-ray disc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 10:22 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I have a 55kds3000 and since its not in the back room and has a great picture we still watch it from time to time.
The other day the bulb blew and I got a replacement and hey it works...but its not right.
When you turn the unit on after 4 or 5 seconds you start to get a picture then it goes black and the power light blinks for 10-15 seconds then the picture starts to appear, very faint at first then it brightens to normal.
Is this a bad bulb or did I do something wrong when I replaced it.
I took the bulb out and reinserted it but getting the same thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Displays , KDS-55A3000 , Mitsubishi , Playstation 3 160gb System , Sony