Forum Jump: 
post #3511 of 3514 Old 11-10-2014, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by disalex View Post
Saw this old thread on my list and came to say goodbye, my XX833 is being replaced tomorrow!
I am here to say goodbye to my WD 65833 also. Replacing with a Sharp 70" Model #LC-70SQ15U . Very apprehensive about this move. I cannot imagine living without my Mitsubishi. I have had a 65" Mitsubishi for over 14 years. Time marches on I guess.

I guess it hurts more because this Diamond series DLP has never failed nor given me any problem. Replace the bulb every 12,000 hours which is pretty good. Around 38,000 hours now.

Goodbye dear friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3512 of 3514 Unread Yesterday, 04:55 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starchild2 View Post
I am here to say goodbye to my WD 65833 also. Replacing with a Sharp 70" Model #LC-70SQ15U . Very apprehensive about this move. I cannot imagine living without my Mitsubishi. I have had a 65" Mitsubishi for over 14 years. Time marches on I guess.

I guess it hurts more because this Diamond series DLP has never failed nor given me any problem. Replace the bulb every 12,000 hours which is pretty good. Around 38,000 hours now.

Goodbye dear friend.
I said goodbye to my 65833 yesterday. Been a good faithful set. If I could of bought a new one of the same thing I would of went that route. The reasons I had originally bought it was the split screen and especially the DVR. I bought one of the 65" Vizio's at Walmart on Thanksgiving. Immediately missed all the inputs. I am going to have to buy an HDMI switcher. Too many satellite receivers. I stuck the Mits on Craig's List for $200 including 3 remotes and 2 used, but still good bulbs. Ten minutes after posting I got a text. I was going to include the 3 DVRs but he wasn't interested. If anyone has a use for them I am will to part with them at a decent price. Then I will try ebay and finally pull the hard drives, format them, and use them in some docking stations I have and scrap the electronics. I think a couple are 200G and the other is 80G. Can't remember. Anyway I learned a lot about this set from this forum and I already miss my old friend.
post #3513 of 3514 Unread Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBear View Post
I was going to include the 3 DVRs but he wasn't interested. If anyone has a use for them I am will to part with them at a decent price.
ZBear,

What kind of DVRs are those?
post #3514 of 3514 Unread Today, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MozartMan View Post
ZBear,

What kind of DVRs are those?
Number 1 is CinemaVU AVHD-80 80g hard drive
Number 2 is Toshiba Symbio 160HD4 160g hard drive
Number 3 is RCA DR2160 160g hard drive

Drives #1 & #2 were hooked up and used regularly. #3 it has been a couple years since it was used but as far as I know it was working fine. In their hey day I would try to grab one up when they became available. The RCA's were way over priced. You must have a firewire connection to use these. They once had their own forum here for people that used them. If you or anyone is interested I will send them for $50 plus shipping. I can send you email of pictures if you want. Otherwise pulling drives and scrapping the rest.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page