Forum Jump: 

post #361 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlbowerts View Post

Every thing usmcss said is right, and yes , the 833 has a anti glare screen, that works very good (a little better than the 734)with the PIP you can have two HD sources on split screen at once, Just not two HDMI Hd sources at the same time, 120Hz works on all inputs.
Yes, for what you want to used the tv for(gaming and PIP) it's worth $500. more, these are 2 of 3 reasons why we got the 833.

All right then... I'm sold. I'm going to do it! Hopefully I'll get a nice quiet unit. I'll definitely be getting the extended warranty which includes 1 bulb replacement!

thanks for all your help, i'll let you know once I get it... probably will be delivered sometime next week if all goes well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 07:34 AM

hehe sorry, I live about 25 miles from Philly (Vikings fan here) but the expectations and delivery of what McNabb has done there is just pathetic. I'm going to hire him to killer gophers in my yard as he's great at grinding the ball into the ground. I was listening to 1210 today and the heads on there talking about how the Eagles get screwed all the time had me laughing. Always an excuse for non performance, but I guess that is true in any of the teams (just do not get to hear the others QQ about it).

On a side note, I opened a thread on the calibration section of the forum to get some questions answered that have been rumbling around in my mind in that area.
post #363 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by upinsmoke View Post

hehe sorry, I live about 25 miles from Philly (Vikings fan here) but the expectations and delivery of what McNabb has done there is just pathetic. I'm going to hire him to killer gophers in my yard as he's great at grinding the ball into the ground. I was listening to 1210 today and the heads on there talking about how the Eagles get screwed all the time had me laughing. Always an excuse for non performance, but I guess that is true in any of the teams (just do not get to hear the others QQ about it).

On a side note, I opened a thread on the calibration section of the forum to get some questions answered that have been rumbling around in my mind in that area.

I grew up in Rockledge Pa which borders Philly. I now live in Illinois and have so for about 16 years. I really miss the Pennsylvania Mountains and the Shore. We just got back from Stone Harbor a couple weeks ago.

The gopher comment was funny and very true.

Semper Fi,

Bob
post #364 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 08:16 AM

Quote:

honestly, if a set is bad enough that it "needs" a professional to come out to adjust it , there is something seriously wrong there IMHO. Using calibration, or even just eyeballing it settings other have used (with some minor tweaks) is going to get you 90% of the way there. I personally dont see the value of $300 to get 10%. Others I'm sure will go "worth every penny" but I have to question whether they actually see a difference or want to see a difference as their checking account is $300 lighter.

I agree!!! :]
post #365 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 08:24 AM

yea, the shore can be alot of fun. Actually I like this time of the year to go down. Still nice weather and none of the crowds.
post #366 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 08:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by els View Post

i know that the 833 is less in depth, and about 5 inches in width, but the 833 is easily 30-40+ pounds lighter.

According to the specs, it is 80lbs lighter
post #367 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 08:34 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

ewwwww McNabb? ZOMG! one of the most over rated QB's in the game...

Had me rolling on the floor with this one.
However, you guys seem to be missing the MOST overrated QB...
...remember...he was the future of the NFL? At least he made the playoffs 1 out of 7 seasons (lost in the 1st round).

The chargers were stupid to pass up on him to pick LT.
post #368 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 09:29 AM

yea, but look at the general state of the NFC (it has been improving over the last few years though). Or even the NFC East for that matter. So I don't really give them alot of credit for doing well in the NFC East. Things are not looking all that hot either - Green Bay? uggg Cowboys/Eagles games are going to be interesting, or even the Washington game this weekend. At this point I don't really care what I"m watching on this set hehe

I used to have the ticket so I could watch the Vikes but the they priced themselves out of a customer with me and with their God aweful customer service.

I'm not looking forward to how the Vikes season is going to look. I was happy to have a W for the first game, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high for this season.
post #369 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 10:25 AM

I just got my 65833 last night! I haven't had time to do a lot of changes in the settings, I just took it out of brilliant.
The PQ is just plain awesome!
post #370 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Its too akward and heavy to lift. Have to wait for cables anyways ..Should be able to set up tonight. though.

Driver lugged up to sidewalk. took off box to inspect side for damage since it look as if someone tryed to pick it up by the handles. Everything looks to be ok, hesitated setting up the 73833 due to lack of cables(needed longer ones to drape over unit and then lift up onto base.

I have a 32" vizio in the measured 3" hole as a filler. Looks kinda odd.

post #371 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by disalex View Post

I just got my 65833 last night! I haven't had time to do a lot of changes in the settings, I just took it out of brilliant.
The PQ is just plain awesome!

grats on the new set!!! This is a purchase that I have no regrets in making. I've really been enjoying it so far with my family and friends.

Try some of the tweaks listed in here and in the 831 thread and you will enjoy it even more I believe. Was watching some of AeonFlux last night (plan on watching the whole movie tonight) and it just blows me away. Football on it is a real treat too, not to mention women's tennis hehe
post #372 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 11:13 AM

just got back from BestBuy/Magnolia where I placed the order for my 73833 for $3675. I thought that was a pretty darn good deal. I did get the 4yr warranty too. They charged me full price for that, but oh well. All in all, I'm pretty happy.

Will get the TV on the 19th, just in time for ESPN Thursday Night College Football. Can't wait to see this thing in action.

Thanks for everyone's VERY helpful information posted here.
post #373 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 11:30 AM

I wish someone could do me a big favor. I own a WD73734, which I believe should share the same tweak and setting information as the 833 series, and I accidentally messed with the menu settings for the low "gains" in the service menu. The problem is, is that I wrote down the original values somewhere, and now they are gone. My high settings are still fine but my low ones are messed up and you can tell from the pic.

And actually I am kind of curious as to why no one has ever posted ALL the settings for the service menu tweaks. When I say all, I mean all of them, not just RGH, and a couple others.

I wonder if getting a set calibrated changes those values? I also wonder if that is the main goal of a calibration is to get those menu settings perfect given some enviornment? If such is the case, why doesn't someone who has had their set calibrated share ALL the service menu settings as they were tweaked?

If someone could turn their color temp to low and post ALL the settings in the service menu that would be great. I know it would take a while to get the settings but it sure would help me out.

a really big HDTV,
a really fast computer with blu-ray burner,
a really nice HD camcorder...
and no software to burn blu-ray
post #374 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 11:36 AM

daniel, on the 65833 all 3 low values are 1024
post #375 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcss View Post

It appears that 120 is on all inputs. Does 120 make a difference in gaming; I didn't notice any difference. That doesn't mean there isn't, I just might not have the eye for it. I tried it with Madden 08.

I've been reading this thread for awhile and there seems to be a strong consensus that the 120 hz does have an appreciable impact on gaming.

I'm not sure Madden 08 is the best game to test it with, though. There isn't a ton of fast motion that could produce motion blur. Better to try it with Halo 2 (or, soon, Halo 3!) or another incredibly fast-paced game with tons of crap coming at you.

I just got my 65833 delivered this morning but the driver was late so I didn't even have time to get it out of the box before I had to head to work. I'll hook it up tonight and throw in the craziest game I have and see if I can detect a difference with 120 hz.
post #376 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 12:57 PM

Is it possible to have people who have "properly" calibrated their units to post the final settings. Obviously the correct settings will differ from unit to unit but I think it would be helpful to have a few examples handy.
post #377 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielwd View Post

I wish someone could do me a big favor. I own a WD73734, which I believe should share the same tweak and setting information as the 833 series, and I accidentally messed with the menu settings for the low "gains" in the service menu. The problem is, is that I wrote down the original values somewhere, and now they are gone. My high settings are still fine but my low ones are messed up and you can tell from the pic.

And actually I am kind of curious as to why no one has ever posted ALL the settings for the service menu tweaks. When I say all, I mean all of them, not just RGH, and a couple others.

I wonder if getting a set calibrated changes those values? I also wonder if that is the main goal of a calibration is to get those menu settings perfect given some enviornment? If such is the case, why doesn't someone who has had their set calibrated share ALL the service menu settings as they were tweaked?

If someone could turn their color temp to low and post ALL the settings in the service menu that would be great. I know it would take a while to get the settings but it sure would help me out.

There is an option in the service menu to restore data from backup.
Just do that and all will be good.
post #378 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 04:33 PM
els

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipnotiq View Post

According to the specs, it is 80lbs lighter

my error. the weight difference is quite larger than i thought. i was a little tired when i posted, and did not compare specs.

the difference is dramatic. what could they have done to eliminate so much weight. i turned the set on last night, and i am very impressed. no fan noise, and the out of the box results are not too shabby, but i am going to start by using my old settings from the 831.
post #379 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 04:33 PM

I got my 73" this tuesday. I am liking it quite a bit.

a couple items that are a bit annoying.
  • The netcommand is a bit limited. It controls my avr volume really slow, my old tv did this too, maybe its something with my reciever.
    Netcommand will not power on my xbox 360 properly.
    It also seems to be limited to 4 avr inputs.
  • slow power up(i guess all dlps are like this not a big deal)
  • my mistubishi logo fell off! some super glue fixed that, but what the hell?
  • 73" doesnt seem all that much bigger than my 65" I figured the difference would seem more.

overall its great, and i love how it freed up so much space in my living room compared to my old 65 crt with 2 component racks.

a poor quality pic but you get the idea
LL
post #380 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 05:31 PM

just an heads up on service menu level changes and ISF calibration.

This service will make your warranty NULL and VOID. Contact your manufacturer on this matter.

Personally I'm only sticking with regular menu accessible corrections to PQ.
post #381 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 05:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazebostealer View Post

I got my 73" this tuesday. I am liking it quite a bit.

a couple items that are a bit annoying.
  • The netcommand is a bit limited. It controls my avr volume really slow, my old tv did this too, maybe its something with my reciever.
    Netcommand will not power on my xbox 360 properly.
    It also seems to be limited to 4 avr inputs.
  • slow power up(i guess all dlps are like this not a big deal)
  • my mistubishi logo fell off! some super glue fixed that, but what the hell?
  • 73" doesnt seem all that much bigger than my 65" I figured the difference would seem more.

overall its great, and i love how it freed up so much space in my living room compared to my old 65 crt with 2 component racks.

a poor quality pic but you get the idea

Im still putting together the following scenario.

How can you afford a 73833 diamond and not a decent camera to serve us up with a picture haha!

Ill update some nice pics tomorrow. I got my monoprice cables today. They are nice and thick...even the cheap ones with ferite core.

post #382 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 07:11 PM

gazebostealer, can you tell me what the manufacture and model of your tv/audio stand is.I have been looking for something just like that for when I save up enough for this TV. That looks great cause the doors swing open instead of slide. All the cabinets I have seen have sliding doors which would cover up the center channel when they are open and with a 360 running having a closed up area is not a good idea. All of you 360 guys know what I mean.
post #383 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaynkim View Post

gazebostealer, can you tell me what the manufacture and model of your tv/audio stand is.

Looks DIY to me.

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

post #384 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 07:36 PM

I actually bought mine at rooms to go. It is 70" wide and the room in the center is 23" which was nice for my center speaker. It has frosted glass on the doors so you can use remotes through it.

as far as the brand I think it is a welton. it was 399, which was more than i wanted to spend, but seems pretty good for something of this size and quality. I can find the sku if you are interested.

sorry about the poor pic! I dont have a camera just a camera phone!
post #385 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 08:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
It fit your center so perfectly, I thought for sure you have made it yourself.

If you have the sku, that'd be great. 70" width at it's widest?

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

post #386 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 08:16 PM

hello - Ive been lurking a bit here, and just wanted to say that bought a new 65883 tonight!

Replaced a 3yr old 50" phillips hdtv

This thing is pretty awesome. I do hear some noise from the fan/color wheel etc... will have to call a service tech to fix that.

have to tweak the settings a bit, just connected my vip 722 dvr from dish network and hd looks great! Will post some more tomorrow =)
post #387 of 3509 Old 09-14-2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post

It fit your center so perfectly, I thought for sure you have made it yourself.

If you have the sku, that'd be great. 70" width at it's widest?

Yea its right at 70" at the widest part.

the sku on my invoice is 25101039
post #388 of 3509 Old 09-15-2007, 03:11 AM

Quote:

This service will make your warranty NULL and VOID. Contact your manufacturer on this matter.

Can we get confirmation on this from someone.
post #389 of 3509 Old 09-15-2007, 03:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

This is simply BS. First of all, a servicer would never know that you were even in the service menu unless you screwed something up by making adjustments that you were not sure what they did and you were not able to restore the factory settings. Second, you can recover the factory settings, unless you are careless or foolish enough to erase them.

Unless you do something that creates a problem, you will not void your warranty. It is important to realize, however, that many people have created service problems by fiddling with adjustments and menus that they are not sure about. Since Mitsubishi does not document the contents of the service menus, and will not discuss the available parameters and their settings, one should only make adjustments if sure about the effects. Most of the adjustments that a calibration specialist would make are quite obvious and safe.

Yes, calibration is important...every user should be calibrated.

Need electronics repair? A great place to start looking for a shop in your area:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #390 of 3509 Old 09-15-2007, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by els View Post

..., but i am going to start by using my old settings from the 831.

Would you like to share your settings if they look good?

lujan
673 Blu-ray
19 HD DVD
7 DVD
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page