Forum Jump: 

post #451 of 3511 Old 09-16-2007, 05:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappler View Post

This might be a silly question...but does anyone know where to get the dimensions of the actual box this tv comes in? I am picking the TV up tomorrow and want to be sure it will fit in a grand cherokee.

If your talking about the 73833 I would say no; I don't have the dimensions but I would bet a million it won't fit.

I don't think the 65833 will fit ether, but you might be able to take it out of the box and then fit it in. I would be worried that it would get hurt some how though doing it that way. I wouldn't do it.

Semper Fi,

Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 3511 Old 09-16-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZHTGeek View Post

One thing that stands out is nemo looks red to me. I will have to see if I can dig up a copy on nemo. Most of my SD has been banished. Here is a shot of his dad as pixar see him which is close to the real Ocellaris Clownfish colors.

http://www.pixar.com/featurefilms/nemo/

Also I can't remember the ESPN guys name but it looks like he has a sunburn instead of his usual tan

I felt the same way when I saw the shots from the 734 thread. The camera seems to add a little more red than I see, but Marlin wasn't as orange as shown on that pic. I'll see if I can get to those colors and post more pics.
post #453 of 3511 Old 09-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujan View Post

I don't know what it is, the 73833 or me? I want to thank every one that's posted their video changes but I've tried almost all of them and I end up going back to factory defaults.

I liked AZHTGeek's the best but after poping in the HD Avia disk, I got frustrated and ended up going back to defaults. Maybe I'll pay for a professional calibration or just leave it at defaults which look great to me.

If it looks great to you at defaults, why do you try to change it? i mean what matters is how it looks to you , and if it looks great the way it is to you , will it's set right!
post #454 of 3511 Old 09-16-2007, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlbowerts View Post

If it looks great to you at defaults, why do you try to change it? i mean what matters is how it looks to you , and if it looks great the way it is to you , will it's set right!

Because I'm thinking it might look even better with correct calibration.

lujan
713 Blu-ray
19 HD DVD
6 DVD
post #455 of 3511 Old 09-16-2007, 07:07 PM

Quote:

You are correct but be prepared it will look nothing like the "Out of box" specs. This set is way out there when it comes to default settings. If you go pro-setup (I almost wish I did instead of spending close to that amount on calibration discs and hardware) I am positive you will be happy with the results. Just make sure you hire someone with a good rep.
post #456 of 3511 Old 09-16-2007, 07:08 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:

I have used a combination of others calibrations (AZHTGEEK & Sourcery's mostly) and now I'm quite pleased.

They Are:

Picture Mode: Natural
Contrast: 47
Brightness: 32
Color: 27
Tint: 31
Sharpness: 24
Color Temperature: Low
Deep Field: Off
All Globals: Off

Perfect Color:
Magenta: 22
Red: 31
Yellow: 31
Green: 32
Cyan: 23
Blue: 29

Perfect Tint:
Magenta: 25
Red: 27
Yellow: 33
Green: 38
Cyan: 30
Blue: 23

6. GGL -1020
7. GRL - 1050
8. GBL - 915
post #457 of 3511 Old 09-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You are correct but be prepared it will look nothing like the "Out of box" specs. This set is way out there when it comes to default settings. If you go pro-setup (I almost wish I did instead of spending close to that amount on calibration discs and hardware) I am positive you will be happy with the results. Just make sure you hire someone with a good rep.

Not all are happy after they spend the money!
post #458 of 3511 Old 09-16-2007, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegaudiello View Post

I have used a combination of others calibrations (AZHTGEEK & Sourcery's mostly) and now I'm quite pleased.

They Are:

Perfect Color:

Perfect Tint:

6. GGL -1020
7. GRL - 1050
8. GBL - 915

Ah you dove into the service menu. I might get a small window tonight to try to fix the geometery. From the reading up the gains are an easy change.
post #459 of 3511 Old 09-16-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlbowerts View Post

Not all are happy after they spend the money!

I guess not everyone can be satisfied. Course my buddys wife prefered their TV to be so bright and blue that I was almost blinded. Some people just can't get past that "showroom" look regardless what anyone says.
post #460 of 3511 Old 09-16-2007, 08:35 PM

Hi still need help with my Harmony 890. I have the 65833 The TV powers on ok set at 25000. The cable box comes on and all is ok, but within 3-5 seconds I loose the image for about 3 seconds than the picture comes back on. Can any one please advise what the other three delays are set at.
post #461 of 3511 Old 09-16-2007, 09:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

I guess not everyone can be satisfied. Course my buddys wife prefered their TV to be so bright and blue that I was almost blinded. Some people just can't get past that "showroom" look regardless what anyone says.

Yea, my sis is like this, she has her's so bright, i can't stand to watch it, but she loves it like this, to she this is WOW, and this is what it's all about, to have a pic that makes you go WOW!
post #462 of 3511 Old 09-16-2007, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikegaudiello View Post

They Are:

Perfect Color:

Perfect Tint:

6. GGL -1020
7. GRL - 1050
8. GBL - 915

I am very close to this now (47 was actually my old guess before I started playing with spyder tv). Need the recheck the Perfect Color/tint settings after the gain changes but at the moment my only variances are:

Brightness: 33
Color: 36
post #463 of 3511 Old 09-16-2007, 10:27 PM

Hey guys, I am seriously considering this TV. I have a Samsung 61" HLS6187, got it a few weeks ago, but it's going back due to severe bowing issues.

2 Questions:
1) Is there much bowing with this TV, and if so, can you fix it ? Seems all DLP's have bowing.

2) I am running a Home Theater PC, but I haven't seen anywhere for a PC input for this TV, is there?? I need it for my HD movies.

Thanks,
Tim
post #464 of 3511 Old 09-16-2007, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phireman19 View Post

Hey guys, I am seriously considering this TV. I have a Samsung 61" HLS6187, got it a few weeks ago, but it's going back due to severe bowing issues.

2 Questions:
1) Is there much bowing with this TV, and if so, can you fix it ? Seems all DLP's have bowing.

2) I am running a Home Theater PC, but I haven't seen anywhere for a PC input for this TV, is there?? I need it for my HD movies.

Thanks,
Tim

1) Yes Geometry is an easy Service Menu task.
2) Yes with a DVI to HDMI cable/adapter. There is no analog VGA PC connection though.
post #465 of 3511 Old 09-16-2007, 11:31 PM

I get my 73" on Wednesday, and I can't wait! I will be checking the tv over completely when they deliver it, but I was wondering if you have any suggestions on what I should be looking for so that I can make sure the TV checks out okay? If there's a problem with it, I'm hoping I can figure it out in a few minutes so I can just get another one delivered.
post #466 of 3511 Old 09-17-2007, 12:22 AM

I just got my 65833 and I am going to try those settings. It sure is hard to get it to look right when it comes out of the box. I have read through the manual and I can't seem to find out how to get my cable to come on when I turn on the TV. I turn the cable box on then turn on the TV and I get snow. Then I have to hit input until the cable comes on. I set the order in the settings so cable is the first in the order but it still starts with snow. I even turned off the ANT1 and 2. I'm sure it's an east fix but it's getting frustrating. Do I have to plug it into a different hdmi port? I have it in hdmi 2. Any ideas?
Thanks
post #467 of 3511 Old 09-17-2007, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by davelarsen1 View Post

I just got my 65833 and I am going to try those settings. It sure is hard to get it to look right when it comes out of the box. I have read through the manual and I can't seem to find out how to get my cable to come on when I turn on the TV. I turn the cable box on then turn on the TV and I get snow. Then I have to hit input until the cable comes on. I set the order in the settings so cable is the first in the order but it still starts with snow. I even turned off the ANT1 and 2. I'm sure it's an east fix but it's getting frustrating. Do I have to plug it into a different hdmi port? I have it in hdmi 2. Any ideas?
Thanks

This is sort of the same problem myself and AQUA1957 are having. I don't get snow, but I get a blank screen. I'm not sure if it's an HDMI handshaking issue or because I have the TV connected to an HDMI splitter for a second TV. I'm going to wait until my A/V reciever comes in and connect everything to the receivers' HDMI ports to see if anything changes.

lujan
713 Blu-ray
19 HD DVD
6 DVD
post #468 of 3511 Old 09-17-2007, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjahadi View Post

I get my 73" on Wednesday, and I can't wait! I will be checking the tv over completely when they deliver it, but I was wondering if you have any suggestions on what I should be looking for so that I can make sure the TV checks out okay? If there's a problem with it, I'm hoping I can figure it out in a few minutes so I can just get another one delivered.

I highly doubt you will be able to detect any issues (other then a complete failure) in the few minutes you will have while signing the delivery form. Just make sure you get a picture on all of the imputs you are going to use before they take off. If hook up isn't included in the delivery they will be gone before you plug in your first device.
post #469 of 3511 Old 09-17-2007, 08:37 AM

Quote:

This is sort of the same problem myself and AQUA1957 are having. I don't get snow, but I get a blank screen. I'm not sure if it's an HDMI handshaking issue or because I have the TV connected to an HDMI splitter for a second TV. I'm going to wait until my A/V reciever comes in and connect everything to the receivers' HDMI ports to see if anything changes.

I'm having an issue similar to this, too, but you're already ahead of me if your devices still get detected each time you turn on the TV. I've got my PS3 and cable box running through my receiver, and every time I turn the TV off the TV "loses" its connection to the receiver. When I turn it on again I have to physically reach behind the set, unplug the HDMI, and plug it into a different port.
post #470 of 3511 Old 09-17-2007, 08:51 AM

The 65833 is my first HDTV and DLP set ever. When I power it up, it takes a long time to come up...over 1 minutes. During this time, the timer LED next to the power button keep blinking really fast.

Is this normal? Everyone see the same thing and just accept the fact that this is the nature of it?

I'm thinking that it has to do with some delay, hence the timer LED. But is possible/recommended to defeat/by pass this?
post #471 of 3511 Old 09-17-2007, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soyuppy View Post

The 65833 is my first HDTV and DLP set ever. When I power it up, it takes a long time to come up...over 1 minutes. During this time, the timer LED next to the power button keep blinking really fast.

Is this normal? Everyone see the same thing and just accept the fact that this is the nature of it?

I'm thinking that it has to do with some delay, hence the timer LED. But is possible/recommended to defeat/by pass this?

Under menu headings I believe you can change that setting. There is a slow and fast start up.

I was told to use slow because it is easier on your bulb. I usually turn it on, do something, can come back in a few minutes.

a really big HDTV,
a really fast computer with blu-ray burner,
a really nice HD camcorder...
and no software to burn blu-ray
post #472 of 3511 Old 09-17-2007, 09:07 AM

Quote:

DANIELWD:I wish someone could do me a big favor. I own a WD73734, which I believe should share the same tweak and setting information as the 833 series, and I accidentally messed with the menu settings for the low "gains" in the service menu. The problem is, is that I wrote down the original values somewhere, and now they are gone. My high settings are still fine but my low ones are messed up and you can tell from the pic.

And actually I am kind of curious as to why no one has ever posted ALL the settings for the service menu tweaks. When I say all, I mean all of them, not just RGH, and a couple others.

I wonder if getting a set calibrated changes those values? I also wonder if that is the main goal of a calibration is to get those menu settings perfect given some enviornment? If such is the case, why doesn't someone who has had their set calibrated share ALL the service menu settings as they were tweaked?

If someone could turn their color temp to low and post ALL the settings in the service menu that would be great. I know it would take a while to get the settings but it sure would help me out.

Quote:

HIPNOTIQ: There is an option in the service menu to restore data from backup.
Just do that and all will be good.

Is this safe to do? I wont harm anything will I? And I never "backed anything" up. Will that matter? Or are the settings already "backed up" from the factory?

a really big HDTV,
a really fast computer with blu-ray burner,
a really nice HD camcorder...
and no software to burn blu-ray
post #473 of 3511 Old 09-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielwd View Post

Under menu headings I believe you can change that setting. There is a slow and fast start up.

I was told to use slow because it is easier on your bulb. I usually turn it on, do something, can come back in a few minutes.

I know some try to say, better for blub, if uesd slow on, but the models of last two years is slowing that it makes no different with how long the blub lasts!
post #474 of 3511 Old 09-17-2007, 09:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Is this safe to do? I wont harm anything will I? And I never "backed anything" up. Will that matter? Or are the settings already "backed up" from the factory?

Yes, it's safe to do, just restores data back to what it was out of box!
post #475 of 3511 Old 09-17-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappler View Post

This might be a silly question...but does anyone know where to get the dimensions of the actual box this tv comes in? I am picking the TV up tomorrow and want to be sure it will fit in a grand cherokee.

This is for the 73833.

I don't know if this is any help, but the 52" mitsu barely fit in a Ford Escape out of the box.

Freelance Broadcast Technical Director

AVS Forum needs thread wiki!
See: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=917548
post #476 of 3511 Old 09-17-2007, 11:31 AM

I have a dodge ram with a cap on it (large extended ARE cap) and the 65" barely fit in. I doubt that any of these sets will fit in a suburban or suv - look at enlisting a friend with a p/u or have delivered.
post #477 of 3511 Old 09-17-2007, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soyuppy View Post

Mine takes awhile to bring a picture up also, changing between inputs is abit slow too. I believe that is the nature of DLPs (or maybe just Mitsubishi ones). This is my first DLP (prior was a CRT based Mitsubishi RPTV)
post #478 of 3511 Old 09-17-2007, 12:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Yes those are the backup from the factory. Unless you have saved data to the backup (which is an option so be careful not to do that).

So if you go in and mess up the geometry or WB settings, you can at least restore them to the orginal points they were at when you bought the TV.
post #479 of 3511 Old 09-17-2007, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
NO! it wont.

The actual tv is 65 1/2 wife by 43 tal. and less than 24 deep i think,

Thats not including box dimensions.

Its a beast but a super sexy one.

post #480 of 3511 Old 09-17-2007, 12:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Makes no difference to the bulb.
It just uses less power when TV is in standby mode. Something like 35W normal and 4W in low power mode. (just a guess tho).

For longer bulb life, there is an option on this model to use brighter lamp setting or a lower lamp setting.
Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page