My experience with Mitsubishi, and why I'll never buy from them again. Long read! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 30 Old 11-21-2007, 08:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
First of all, their customer service is terrible. At least my experience with their customer service was. I won't go into detail on it, but maybe I was wrong because I wanted help on a warranty-less TV, but hey if i'm willing to pay I don't see the problem.

Anyway, When I first bought this TV, I was incredibly impressed. There was nothing that compared to it. Sometime Late 2005 or Early 2006

I showed it off to all my friends, family and Co-Workers.

This drove a lot of people to buy HDTV's, but it took them a while.

Problems started at the end of 2006

I noticed my TV was taking longer to warm up, or turn on. Not a big deal, but sometimes annoying when I need to catch something right away. You know, like you just realized your TV show was on and you rush to watch it and your staring at a black screen for a minute you get a bit impatient. Yeah I know a nice VCR or a DVR would solve that problem, but I don't have one so ehhh!!!!

Next problem at the end of 2006 is my screen started to droop. Meaning the picture started to drop on one side of the TV. I dealt with it for a bit, but then it got to the point it was about a half inch too big. Called Mitsubishi about Feb or March of 2007 and that's when I found out I didn't have a warranty anymore. No biggy, they directed me to someone in my local area to align the picture. Well $200 later I was satisfied with my picture again.

Problem 2007 various different months: My friends bought a HDTV LCD and the picture blew mine away, and it's only 720p. Samsung TV's were stunning. I figured it was just LCD was that much better. Then my mother bought a Sony SXRD and that blew mine and his away so there went my theory of LCD. My other friend got married and had a bunch of money from his wedding and bought a Samsung HLT-5087S and didn't have to change bulbs like I did and his picture blew mine away not to mention they paid less money than I did for there superior everything. I'm still disappointed in that.

End of 2007:

My TV died.

http://a789.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...5db859b8fc.jpg <---- No Signal

http://a871.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...5cb8221eee.jpg <---- With Signal

I called Mitsubishi and this problem is apparently is not their concern, nor will they help a customer that is looking for help with this problem.

2 years of life out of my TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 Old 11-21-2007, 08:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
I don't understand.

You bought a TV a couple of years ago that you were really impresed with.

2 years later some people you know bought TV's that you thought were better.

Your TV broke when it was out of warranty and Mitsubishi won't help you.

Duh.

"The dream never dies, just the dreamer."

post #3 of 30 Old 11-21-2007, 08:32 AM
AVS Club Gold

If you refuse to buy Mitsubishi products again because they won't honor your expired warranty, you should probably prepare yourself now to refuse to buy electronics from just about every other manufacturer as well.

PSN: KyFriedNate | XBL: KyFriedNate
My SACD Collection | My DVD-A Collection
post #4 of 30 Old 11-21-2007, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_R View Post

If you refuse to buy Mitsubishi products again because they won't honor your expired warranty, you should probably prepare yourself now to refuse to buy electronics from just about every other manufacturer as well.

No no no. I understood my warranty was expired, but if I want to pay for a repair from their service center don't you think it should be okay? If not at least give me some info on a Mitsubishi Certified repair place in my area you know.

At least reject me with manners not attitude.

That's how I feel.
post #5 of 30 Old 11-21-2007, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew4msu View Post

I don't understand.

You bought a TV a couple of years ago that you were really impresed with.

2 years later some people you know bought TV's that you thought were better.

Your TV broke when it was out of warranty and Mitsubishi won't help you.

Duh.

I guess if I spend $3500 on a TV, I'd hope it'll last more than 2 years and at least last 2 years without constant maintenence.
post #6 of 30 Old 11-21-2007, 08:59 AM
AVS Club Gold

Service locator on their website: http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/ap...er#?mid=118708

You can call up any repairman in the phone book and see if they're certified to work on Mits units. I still don't see how this is a Mitsubishi problem. But then again, I wasn't part of that particular phone call, so my thoughts are irrelevant.

PSN: KyFriedNate | XBL: KyFriedNate
My SACD Collection | My DVD-A Collection
post #7 of 30 Old 11-21-2007, 09:00 AM

http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/ap...er#?mid=118708

type in zip code,find service center.

I must be a slow typer
post #8 of 30 Old 11-21-2007, 09:21 AM - Thread Starter

I just figure a TV should last longer than 2 years!

My CRT TV lasted at least 5 and it's still going now that my Mitsu decided to go on strike

If that's quality to you than my apologies. I didn't mean to offend anyone. Just stating that for me, Mitsubishi quality is not as good as my family's sony or my friends samsung, even my friends Dell Plasma outlasted this mitsu.

If my mother has to get something repaired after a year or get her SXRD calibrated or anything requireing a specialized person to come do than a take back what I said about Mitsubishi, I guess it's normal. I'll just stay away from RPTV's.

I just don't think a TV should be like a car.

Change your bulb every 5000 hours, check your filter, it needs to warm up, etc.
post #9 of 30 Old 11-21-2007, 09:34 AM

Yes a TV should last more than 2-3 years

When you read the 2004-05 Mits DLP thread you get an idea of the life expectancy of a Mits DLP.

Mitsubishi as well as most service/ repair techs know that the 525 have bad capacitor on all the boards ( I don’t know about the other models since this is the one I have researched).

I see no reason in rewarding Mitsubishi with more business either for building a unit with a 2-3 year life.
post #10 of 30 Old 11-21-2007, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

You mentioned in your "My WD-52525 Is having some component interference problems -" thread that your AC guy mentioned that your AC was not cooling properly because of low power. If your power is low, that could affect the TV. The power would drop even more when the AC unit cycles on. That could certainly affect the life of the TV.

It could be your environment that caused the TV to develop problems so soon.

I would also be upset if it happened to my TV, but I'm not sure I would put all the blame on Mitsubishi.
post #11 of 30 Old 11-21-2007, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBeatnik View Post

You mentioned in your "My WD-52525 Is having some component interference problems -" thread that your AC guy mentioned that your AC was not cooling properly because of low power. If your power is low, that could affect the TV. The power would drop even more when the AC unit cycles on. That could certainly affect the life of the TV.

It could be your environment that caused the TV to develop problems so soon.

I would also be upset if it happened to my TV, but I'm not sure I would put all the blame on Mitsubishi.

True, very true.

I'm not an electrician or a electrical engineer, but doesn't the TV function off 115 Volts of electricity and a home AC unit runs off a 208-230/460 Volts of power. So if the AC unit was running off 200 volts of power it's still plenty to power a TV with no problem... right?

At least that's my theory, but it's an uneducated one at that.
post #12 of 30 Old 11-21-2007, 12:54 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 35
No, not necessarily. If the A/C is getting 200V instead of 230V, that would indicate that the TV and other devices may be getting 100V instead of the usual 115V. The lower voltage could result in the TV's power supply working harder to supply the needed amperage.
post #13 of 30 Old 11-21-2007, 02:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skriefal View Post

No, not necessarily. If the A/C is getting 200V instead of 230V, that would indicate that the TV and other devices may be getting 100V instead of the usual 115V. The lower voltage could result in the TV's power supply working harder to supply the needed amperage.

Yes, but when there's lower voltage, then that means higher amps which may have caused the compacitors (as someone stated above or on another thread) to blow.

Well legally I know Xcel Energy has a 10% give or take in there voltages with no liability to them. So with that being known I'm sure CE companies make there electronics function with 103.5V or 126V with no problem to their hardware.

So if my house is running at 100V that means not only is everything in my house at risk, but so am I.

OMG, I'm going to die!
post #14 of 30 Old 11-21-2007, 03:55 PM

I didn't expect to reply to this thread but I had a electrical problem here at my house about 8 years ago and the electrical company recognized it and paid on a depriciated basis for everything that broke. It wasn't a lot but most people never think of this and I believe the law is federal and if they go over\\under by a percentage than they must pay. I monitored the voltage and then they put a meter on the meter and after 1 week they came back to me and showed me the results. It went like this. Although we can see that your voltage was higher it shouldn't have been a problem and higher voltage is better. Huh, me no dummy. Yes high voltage may be better for some things like big motors which run a bit cooler but in everything which steps down the voltage you will generate more heat which is bad. This is not the same for everything but I told him I knew better and that I dissagree and he then asked me for a list and original purchase date and cost. He didn't tell me about depriciation but I didn't mind because the electronics cost less to buy new anyway.

I won't quote the percentage and ask an electrician in your area because I don't know what law it was but in the end I was very glad I did the homework.

Another note: You mentioned the voltage at the house and the 200 volts is the sum total of both legs (wires) that come into the house. Your TV only uses one legg and so it only sees 100 volts.

jongig
post #15 of 30 Old 11-22-2007, 06:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Might have missed it, but haven't read anything about DLP bulb life. Seems 2 years would be a reasonable replacement time. Assume this wasn't a LED model. Suspect if one compares newer 1080p displays with 720p models, the higher-resolution--double, format resolution anyway, not effective resolution--would indeed look better. Familiar with poor local servicing. Ran into this with my current year-2000 CRT RPTV when service was okay while under warranty, after various calls to Philips, but appalling when it expired. -- John
post #16 of 30 Old 11-27-2007, 09:38 AM

This is true, don't ever buy a Mitsubishi TV again, they have problems and their customer service sucks with or without warranty. I bought a Mitsubishi because I've been a satisfied Mistsubishi owner for years with their CRT but they obviously went low quality with their new TV's and customer service. I had to threatened lawsuit just to get their attention. Mine was out of warranty too but I feel they should recall their DLP's because they are going dead after 3 years, read other owners complaints about their Mitsubishi Dlp's.

Mitsubishi finally agreed to send a tech to look at my tv but the stupid tech didn't diagnose it properly. He told me I need to get a new light engine which would've cost me over $1000.00 to replace, parts and labor. I knew that wasn't the problem because I've read here from other owners that two capacitors are going bad in the power supply board and sure enough that was the problem. That still cost $377 just to replace a $20 part, which I forced Mitsubishi to pay for. Believe me this is my last Mitsubishi after what I had to go thru...

Here's a tip, don't call their customer service # they give you, instead call their corporate office and ask to speak to their legal dept and tell them about your experience with your TV and their customer service or lack thereoff. Good luck...
post #17 of 30 Old 12-10-2007, 08:24 PM

Thanks for the tip!
post #18 of 30 Old 12-11-2007, 03:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Your situation is like getting caught with your pants down and the case for extended warranty with a high ticket purchase - insuring your HT investment to last beyond a year or two. Most will not ever use it but when you gamble and lose without it - you lose. The Vegas scenario of consumer electronics.

I paid $6500 for my Sharp 14 months ago and made sure I took out an extended warranty for 4 yrs as I wasn't about to gamble that much money on one year especially with my viewing style with high numbers of hours viewing.

In hindsight next time it may serve you better to insure the life of the TV beyond expectations on spec sheets but the fact if it dies post warranty you just lost everything. Insurance sucks but on a purchase that size makes sense especially if your the one experiencing the post warranty failure.

But I wouldn't blame you to go with another manufacturer with a short lived panel at that budget. Better luck next time!

Samsung 65F8000, 60D8000, 40HU6350, Panasonic 50E60 LCD's
post #19 of 30 Old 12-19-2007, 07:25 PM

Mitsubishi Sucks!!! Don't buy TV's from them. You'll be sorry. Their TV's only last 3yrs and their customer service sucksssss....big time. I'f you don't mind paying big money for a tv that only last 3 yrs and be put on hold for an hour when you call customer service then go ahead.
post #20 of 30 Old 06-08-2009, 12:15 PM

MITSUBISH-WD62825- 62 INCH DLP T.V.

MAJOR RIPOFF!!! DONT BUY ANY MITSUISHI TVS!!

Well, any of us who bought this TV, have been had, and ripped off!
Anyone who owns one knows what I am talking about!
Everyone has had to replace expensive bulbs in these TVs many times!
Or expansive board or other parts, which by the time it's all said and done, it just cost more than the TV Set its self, to fix over a period of time. No one like to hear, or think they made a bad decision or purchase, But We did, It a fact. I don't know about the rest of you but I am so pissed off about it I am going on every thread I can find and posting this to want others about MITSUBISHI products ALL MITSUBIHI products!
I for one will never, And I mean never in my life time buy anything again with the MITSUBISHI name on it! Not a TV, not a CAR, not a flashlight or even a toaster!
And I will make it a personal mission to let everyone I know, and can think of to do the same. This company Just thinks we're all just stupid Americans, and they will take us to the cleaners if they can, in a lot of cases they have! But know more! The way to fight back is spread the word of your experience post it every ware! If Americans don't buy there products maybe it will help to put them out of business!

My Story!
1. Bought MITSUBISH WD62825 on 12-27-2005+ extended warranty!
2. 1st lamp failed on 11-4-2006 warranty covered but would have been $300 to replace out of pocket. They had to order the lamp installed 11-7-2006.
3. 2nd lamp went out on 9-28-2007 less than a year from last replacement. Still under warranty, they had to order lamp, installed 10-2-2007.
4. 3rd lamp went out 6-8-2008 no lamp warranty this time, original warranty only good for 2 lamp replacements, Cost $215 out of pocket had to order installed 6-15-2008. Ordered backup lamp to this time another $215.
5. 6-5-2009 Screen getting blotchy, mirrors need cleaning, took off front and cleaned mirrors (Have done many times with no problems). Cleaned filters, all dust I could get to out of TV. Reassembled Set. Turned on fine, (Keep in Mind I am a Tech for a living to).
6. 1/2 hour of Set running comes up with the heat warning message and says the set will be shutting down, and to check all air flow, to make sure of no blockage! (THERE IS NONE OR WAS NONE!) Cleaning should have made it run cooler in fact. Shut down occurs red flashing light.
7. After inspection and finding know air flow blockage, I set up 2 6 inch fans to blow in the air flow duct, and one to blow general from the right!
8. Took power off the set unplugged it, (Only way it would reset) after a wait of about 15 mins with the fans blowing, I plugged back in, The flashing rest light (green) when through is cycle. Then turned TV back on.
9. 35 mins, go's bye and it did it again.
Long story short, from doing extensive testing, If the air temp in the room gets above 74.3 degrees, even with fan blowing the set will shut off, and needs to be unplugged cooled down, If you run the air conditioner, and keep the room below 74.3, it will run for some time, then get to hot and shut down.
The problems is in the DM board and the sensors in the Set, It cost $700 to $900 for the parts + install.

No one should have to run 2 fans, keep the room temp below 70 degrees just to use this set. They know it we know it, and Mitsubishi does not care. They know and knew of the problem! But sell them to the dumb Americans anyway!

A. MITSUBISHI will not replace or fix, standing orders, they would rather go to court, in the long run even if they have to pay, and they still win, in the long run. Because not all the sets they sold will have the people listed on the suite, so they still come out ahead. On people who are named on a class action suit get paid and then at a small amount so they win.

Do not Buy DLP TVS period.

A. It's a well know fact they go through costly bulbs like crazy!
B. They have to be cleaned constantly if you don't keep the mirrors clean the picture degrades until you do. (Involves taking the screen of to get to the mirrors!)
C. They Get HOT, REAL HOT, because of the lamp! And most models do not have enough cooling fans in them, so bulbs and boards go out a lot, and at a big cost! This is for all DLPS any brand! Not Just Mitsubishi, I know people with other brands who have the same problem.
So This MITSUBISHI WD-62825 that I bought in 2005 for more than $3000 is worthless! I am not willing to keep putting $1200 or more a year in to it just to keep it running, and who know just how long you will be able to keep getting parts on top of that!
So I am going to Just go buy a 47 to 50 inch LCD, for about $1000, seems from the research I have been doing they have a lot less problems, oh yea the bulb does go out in them but a lot less often, and they don't make the heat the DLPS do, and have a lot less other problems, I am Just tired a screwing with it, and the frustration of it all! Heck at what it costs me to keep this Mitsubishi WD-62825 running, I could throw a LCD set away about every 4 years and get a new one and still come out ahead! And especially now since they have come out with the LED TV's the LCDS are dropping in price big time! Soon you will be able to buy a 50 to 55 inch for under $1000.
Just don't buy MITSUBISHI LCD ether. THERE JUNK TO!
post #21 of 30 Old 06-08-2009, 12:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Holy necrobump, Batman.

And for counterpoint, we've had a WD-62725 since Dec 24, 2004 and it is only on its second bulb. The original never actually blew --we bought a new one after two years out of caution. The original is still in the closet as a backup if needed quickly. Sorry yours didn't last longer.
post #22 of 30 Old 06-08-2009, 01:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
i guess a few lucky owners have had no issues with their dlps. me and georule have been fortunate. my wd52725 is still going. never cleaned the mirrors off either which i know should be done but to me the pic is fine and don't care since this tv is far from the PQ of todays stuff. Happy so far for the near four years i've had it. Thinking of a new dlp but can't sell my theater furniture/gear at a decent price. Might just keep my current tv for awhile until it dies. Can't afford 3 grand for a frickin tv. If there was a Sammy 65" full led lcd then i'm in. love the picture in the a950. til then dlp is my only option. Now if my next dlp is problem free than that'll be cool. no guarantees i suppose for my next purchase.

Pioneer Elite SC-05
JBL Studio S310 fronts, JBL Studio S26II's mid and S36's rear.
Epik Sentinel subwoofer
Slim PS3
Oppo BDP-103
BenQ W7500
post #23 of 30 Old 06-08-2009, 03:19 PM

I have to disagree. After some complaining, and an hour on hold, Mitsubishi is paying for your $300-$400 repair? Unless you make more than $300-$400 an hour, I think your time is well spent. Also, a company that pays for my out of warranty repair is exactly the kind of company I would want to buy from again. If they didn't care, they would not pay for the repair. Are you certain that the brand you will switch to after you shunned Mitsu is going to pay for a repair after your warranty has expired?

I work on these TVs and I see some common things that might could help the problems listed in this forum.
Specifically:

Lamps: They do go out, but if you watch the TV constantly and have the unit in an enclosed entertainment center with insufficient ventilation, it can overheat and can cause premature lamp burnout. Also, did you replace the lamps after they burst and the lamp indicator turned red? Or did the TV have a message on the screen telling you it was lamp replacement time/ the lamp led turned amber? The TV has a timer that tells you lamp replacement time after about 5000 hours and the lamp light turns amber or displays a message of "You should replace lamp soon". The TV has no way of telling that the lamp is going bad before it actually stops working. Its only a timer and if it is not reset, it will ALWAYS tell you the lamp needs to be replaced, even though it is fine. These are also estimates ; some lamps will last less than 5000 hours, some way more than 5000. If you are replacing it due to the timer messages on the screen, those old lamps may still have life in them. Lastly, there are some small parts in the power supply that can cause a false lamp error message. This can be intermittent, but usually its permanent and the TV won't come back on even after you replace the lamp.

Overheating/Sensors: Are you sure that the problem is in the DMD sensor? That part is only like $20-$30 - not $800-$900. If you need the whole chassis rebuilt, (which includes a DM board repair) it could run you $800-$900, but if that is the case, complaining to Mitsubishi customer service does wonders. I would bet money that, if you need a DM/chassis repair and you have a valid proof of purchase on a new (not refurbished) 62" Mitsu DLP that you would get at least the parts which would reduce your repair to labor only (probably $250-$300). I have never seen overheating on the WD-62825 - so it is quite possible it could be a sensor issue. If it is, you are not looking at a huge repair - maybe $250 - $300 labor plus a $20-$30 part. This may be less depending on the servicer and whether or not you bring it in or they go to your home.

Fans/Vents: The fans and vents on these TVs blow hot air and dust OUT. Aiming a fan at them blows hot air and dust BACK IN. If you are having overheating issues and the TV is not in an enclosed entertainment center and has at least 4" from the wall, then you need to contact a service person. These TVs are meant to be on a stand, away from the wall and with plenty of room on all sides. There is a sheet that comes taped to the back of the set describing the proper setup. If your setup doesn't match theirs - it may be the cause of your part failures (if any). Fans could have failed, there could be blockages or you could have bad thermal sensors. These are generally moderately cheap parts, but you will, again, pay a couple hundred in labor.

I hope that some of these things help. It is unfortunate that some of you are having problems, but from what I've seen of this company, I have confidence in them and feel that they would be willing to help you if you have major problems. I service all the brands and I continue to recommend them highly, have them in my home and plan on buying them for my future TV needs.
post #24 of 30 Old 06-08-2009, 03:32 PM
AVS Special Member

And you can get rid of that message by lying to it. Umm, yeah, yeah, I changed the bulb. . .

But seriously Worminfested, get those mirrors cleaned! The first gen Mits was apparently designed by someone unfamiliar with the concept of gravity re dust collection. We had ours cleaned at the three year mark, and it definitely was a noticeable improvement in brightness.
post #25 of 30 Old 06-08-2009, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Guess i have been lucky with my Mits 52628. I bought my 52628 in Nov of 05 and yet to have a prob with it, still has the factory bulb. The 52628 is still kicking just fine after 3.5 years. Maybe i got lucky?

Panny 60VT60 Acurus 200x3
Pioneer Elite 05FD &51FD
2 Oppo 83's Pioneer Elite DV 59AVI
Paradigm SIg2 v3's & 490cc
Pioneer Elite SC61 SVS SB12NSD
2 S-VHS VCR's
post #26 of 30 Old 06-08-2009, 06:19 PM

I had a WD 55589 had the dreaded blinking green light. I tried fixing it by replacing seven capacitors, but it didn't work for me. I then called an authorized Mitsubishi repair service who came out opened the set and asked if someone had tried to repair the TV. I told him yes, and he said I could have saved $74. He said what I had done was correct, but the DM board was out, and Mitsubishi no longer made it. He then told me to call Mitsubishi customer service which I did. I told them I tried to have the TV repaired, but it could not be repaired due to them no longer manufacturing the part.

What I did not know was the US law requires a company to keep repair parts for seven years. The TV lacked only a few weeks from being seven years old, but.It was still less than seven.

Long Story short I called Mitsubishi and they gave me an in store credit for $925 for a like TV. The 60737 was the closest model so I went back to my original place of purchase and I got the Mitsubishi WD-60737 65-Inch 1080p 120Hz Home Theater DLP HDTV on sale at Ultimate Electronics for $1,083.74 (including tax). With my $925 credit I ended up paying $158.74 for a new 60 1080P TV that replaced a 55 1080i 7 year old TV.

First let me say I cannot express how good Mitsubishi was to me. Sure I bought the extended warranty, but if was five years and I was two years outside of the warranty. They could have slowed played me and did nothing, but they went the extra mile in my eyes.

This in its self bumps Mitsubishi up to five stars in customer service! The only drawback was I had to take my old TV to the store to receive my $925 credit. Getting a 300+ pound TV to the store in the rain was no easy task, but alas I did it.

I would also like to mention that I also got a $225 dollar credit for a stand for the TV providing the stand was $399 or higher in price, but that's another story.

So in closing even if this new DLP doesn't last but two or three years, I still can't say Mitsubishi was bad to me. In fact I was shocked that I was given so much towards a new TV.

This is only one man's experience your mileage may vary.

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot loose."
post #27 of 30 Old 06-10-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georule View Post

And you can get rid of that message by lying to it. Umm, yeah, yeah, I changed the bulb. . .

????
post #28 of 30 Old 10-08-2012, 04:54 PM

I can do one better. I purchased a LaserVue for over $7000. and worked fine for 11 months. Then it would not turn on, so I called the number that was so clearly plastered on the TV everytime it turns on, that's when I wanted someone to shoot me. Mitsubishi diagnosed the error code over the phone, that was 7 weeks ago. It took 6 weeks to get the approval to order the part. Today I call them, because it seems like their phones don't call out!!!! They stated the part was on backorder with no date. After yelling a little and getting berated by the operator, the part is going to magically show up in 7 business days. WOW it is now going to take 9 weeks and possibly more to get this fixed. I requested a replacement and got vehemently denied, oh no we don't do that I was told by Mitsubishi, but we sell you a TV that breaks down after 7 Months and have no idea how to repair it. So good luck if you are fortunate to have a Mitsubishi that actually turns on, because the company does not care after it breaks down, they just laugh all the way to the bank with your money.
post #29 of 30 Old 10-09-2012, 09:18 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeless in NY View Post

I can do one better. I purchased a LaserVue for over $7000. and worked fine for 11 months. Then it would not turn on, so I called the number that was so clearly plastered on the TV everytime it turns on, that's when I wanted someone to shoot me. Mitsubishi diagnosed the error code over the phone, that was 7 weeks ago. It took 6 weeks to get the approval to order the part. Today I call them, because it seems like their phones don't call out!!!! They stated the part was on backorder with no date. After yelling a little and getting berated by the operator, the part is going to magically show up in 7 business days. WOW it is now going to take 9 weeks and possibly more to get this fixed. I requested a replacement and got vehemently denied, oh no we don't do that I was told by Mitsubishi, but we sell you a TV that breaks down after 7 Months and have no idea how to repair it. So good luck if you are fortunate to have a Mitsubishi that actually turns on, because the company does not care after it breaks down, they just laugh all the way to the bank with your money.

And several people here on the forums, including myself, have received repairs or even new replacement TVs from Mitsubishi months and years out of warranty. In my experience here on the forums, it's the people who claim to have yelled and otherwise mistreated the rep that are also the ones who complain about the service they received. It helps to be firm, but one needs to be polite. People have feelings, and CS reps are people. It's not their fault the TV broke down. They didn't build it, they were just hired to screen phone calls. Yell at your waiter about something the cook did, and he might spit in your food. Yell at a CS rep, they might "lose" your paperwork. It's not right, but it's human nature. Keep in mind, these reps are following a script, and must go through all the steps in order. If one is patient and polite, one can get escalated to a decision maker who has the power to do whatever they can to make the customer happy, including a free replacement TV. I got mine and I was over a year out of warranty.

ALL brands of TVs have a certain percentage of failures. It's a sad fact, but an unlucky few get stuck with one of the bad ones. I was once one of those people, and Mitsubishi treated me right.

"The wise understand by themselves; fools follow the reports of others"-Tibetan Proverb

post #30 of 30 Old 10-09-2012, 05:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Funny how there was a thread last week with a similar issue but different user name...

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1432458/mitsubishi-takes-your-money-and-does-not-care-about-customers

My Home Theater/Video Gaming/HTPC/2 Channel rig (Mitsubishi, MartinLogan, Marantz, DIYMA, and others)

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page