HDMI not working - Hitachi 50VS69A - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 12-01-2007, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Hitachi 50VS69A 50" RP LCD HDTV connected to a Dish Network receiver that the HDMI input is not working on. I have been using the setup for about 6 months with absolutely no problems.

When the HDMI cable is plugged into the TV it says there is no signal. I have replaced the HDMI cable and called Dish Network and a technician came out and said that the problem was not the receiver but instead was something with the TV. I looked around through the manuals and on-screen menu but found nothing that appeared to help. There was one option to reset the device when it powers off and I did that but it made no difference. Unfortunately, I don't have another receiver I can test with.

I purchased S-Video and Component cables and tried to use the component cables for the meantime but I have no sound if just the component cables are plugged in. Currently I have to plug the component cables in for video and the audio portion of the S-Video cables to receive any sound.

Any thoughts on the HDMI problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-01-2007, 10:03 PM

I have a Hitachi 55VF820 that I bought in Aug 2006, and my HDMI Input 1 just stopped working as well, like 2 days ago.

Same issue as yours, saying No Source Signal. Haven't tried it on S-Video yet to see if it's that entire input, but I think it's just the HDMI input, as my cable was very loose and kind of just slid out.

On HDMI Input 2, which is hooked up to my DirecTV HD DVR it works fine, but I swap that into the HDMI 1 and nothing so yeah, I think it's just that input.

No biggie, as I'll just use components for my DVD on Input 3 or something. I have a warranty through Circuit City until next August, but not sure if it's worth having the set gone for 3-6 months (probably) just for that one little input, as I mainly just watch movies on HD on my premium package nowadays.

Hitachi, Polk and Yammy user!
post #3 of 7 Old 12-01-2007, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter

My 50VS69A has 2 HDMI inputs and this problem exists on both. I'm able to watch TV ok for now with the composite cables but I'm afraid this may be a larger issue that will eventually cause other things to go wrong. Additionally, I like having things work properly and be setup the optimal way.
post #4 of 7 Old 12-01-2007, 10:37 PM

Great- that means mine might be on the way out on Input 2 as well... I hope not at least. I got back behind my set and put a c-clamp around my HDMI cable to the set from the box, so it wouldn't just hang out and pull on the input like I did before.

Yeah I agree that if I'd have just bought mine I'd be contacting CC asap, but I'm probably getting an SXRD by this summer so this will go in my bedroom or sunporch or something, so again the time for it to probably be fixed is outrageous, unfortunately.

post #5 of 7 Old 12-04-2007, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

I contacted Hitachi and they will be sending me a software upgrade card that they think may resolve the problem. I will post the results after I receive it.
post #6 of 7 Old 12-04-2007, 02:58 PM

Please let me know.

I was going to call Circuit City today about it, but if this rectifies the situation, I'll do the same for my 55VF820.

post #7 of 7 Old 11-24-2008, 02:12 PM

Did your software update fix the HDMI problem? My Channel 1 still works, but Channel 2 is still dead.
I'm scheduling a repair since C.C. is on the way out and I have a Blu-Ray on the way.

Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page