post #301 of 303 Old 09-28-2013, 08:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I found a website under Suburban Electronic Wholesaler  

http://www.suburban-electronics.com/display/LSUC0022/LSUC0022

( 800-341-5353)  they say the repair kit will work for all models that uses

a TYLA1000 OR TYLA1500 BULB, ergo our PT50LC14 uses a TYLA1000.

I'm trying it myself.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 303 Old 05-31-2014, 03:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I don't know if anyone is still reading this 7 year old thread. I've been following it for several years knowing that my PT-50LC13 would eventually fail. I bought the LSUC0022 kit a while ago to be prepared.

Well, it finally happened. Replacing the lamp did no good and I still got the flashing green followed by flashing red. So I followed brogers instructions and replaced everything in the kit except for the transistor. Turned the set on and it worked. 

So I put it back together using the 30 or so screws. Powered it on. Uh oh. Flashing green followed by flashing red.

I took it apart again an immediately noticed that F1301 was blown. I still had the original fuse so I compared them. The original was a 250V 5A time delay ceramic fuse. The replacement was a 125V 5A standard (not time delay) glass fuse.

So I stuck the original fuse back in the unit and it fired up and has been working since.

Thank you brogers and everyone! I may get a few more years out of this TV.

post #303 of 303 Old 06-13-2014, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmlr View Post
<p>I don't know if anyone is still reading this 7 year old thread. I've been following it for several years knowing that my PT-50LC13 would eventually fail. I bought the LSUC0022 kit a while ago to be prepared.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Well, it finally happened. Replacing the lamp did no good and I still got the flashing green followed by flashing red. So I followed brogers instructions and replaced everything in the kit except for the transistor. Turned the set on and it worked. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So I put it back together using the 30 or so screws. Powered it on. Uh oh. Flashing green followed by flashing red.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I took it apart again an immediately noticed that F1301 was blown. I still had the original fuse so I compared them. The original was a 250V 5A time delay ceramic fuse. The replacement was a 125V 5A standard (not time delay) glass fuse.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So I stuck the original fuse back in the unit and it fired up and has been working since.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you brogers and everyone! I may get a few more years out of this TV.</p>
Is anyone out there looking for parts or one of these tvs? I have a 60" version in Cincinnati, Ohio. It looks to be the ballast again. I have 2 lamps for, including the one in the tv. About 15 months ago I cleaned out the entire inside and performed the blue polarizing filter fix (not perfect but pretty good IMO) and put in a rebuilt ballast. After that I swore that it was out on the next problem.

Now it turns itself off after a few minutes with a voltage error. If you want a project here you go .. till, let's say the 19th of June. First come first served.

Cincinnati, Ohio, available till June 19.

PM me ..
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page