RCA SCENIUM D50LPW134-power button flashing 10 times(repeats) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 01-04-2008, 08:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
unit was humming for about 2 months,then went down(flashing power button). Thought it was bulb(have changed) but unit still down, power button flashing 10 times(repeats). Has any one had this issue before. THXs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 01-04-2008, 08:30 AM

What does the owners manual say? Have you called RCA to ask them?

Humming?? Doesn't sound good...hope you're still under warranty!

Good luck!
post #3 of 9 Old 01-04-2008, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter

unit 2 yrs old, havent contacted RCA yet, thought I would research topic first.
post #4 of 9 Old 01-04-2008, 09:13 AM

I'm thinkin a quick phone call or email to RCA would better answer what you need as there won't be many if any RCA owners around here since it isn't a very well thought of brand.
post #5 of 9 Old 07-26-2009, 03:13 PM

These models comes with a OsRam bulb and SSB Board, The SSB Board is also Blown, If you had allready bought a bulb, I hope it's the philips bulb and not the OsRam bulb again, and the Factory SSB Board is Part# 267911 and is only $68 Canadian, Again, Replace OsRam SSB Board with Original RCA Part 267911 and OsRam Bulb with a Philips Replacement.

Cheers
post #6 of 9 Old 05-12-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycrow View Post

unit was humming for about 2 months,then went down(flashing power button). Thought it was bulb(have changed) but unit still down, power button flashing 10 times(repeats). Has any one had this issue before. THXs

Hi all, I have been a service tech for 40 years now and the humming in this particular set is NOT the ssb board it is the color wheel gone bad. I am currently working on one of these sets and installed a new color wheel and it works like a charm now....neither the bulb or ssb board are bad...i just thought i would chime in and tell you this to save you money. Have a good day and good luck with your tv.
post #7 of 9 Old 10-04-2010, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas148 View Post

Hi all, I have been a service tech for 40 years now and the humming in this particular set is NOT the ssb board it is the color wheel gone bad. I am currently working on one of these sets and installed a new color wheel and it works like a charm now....neither the bulb or ssb board are bad...i just thought i would chime in and tell you this to save you money. Have a good day and good luck with your tv.

I need to reserrect this thread. My TV just died and it think it's the color wheel.

It made a buzzing sound for a couple months and now won't turn on and just blinks 10 times and keeps doing it over and over.

I think it is the color wheel, but all I can find on-line is $350 color wheels. For that cost, I might as well get a new TV!

Does anyone have a cheaper source?
post #8 of 9 Old 01-10-2013, 10:45 PM

I was told to get one from TSM Electric --800-203-7484 ---I haven't checked the price yet-
post #9 of 9 Old 01-10-2013, 10:52 PM

I have RCA Scenium Model #HDLP50W151
Sound, but no picture---Thought it was the lamp - Replaced and "nothing" ---I am thinking it is the color wheel --When I press the power button, sound comes on immediately. After about 20 seconds, a wheeling sound, which last about 20 seconds and stops. As it is stopping, the power button flashes 5 times. In 20 seconds, wheeling starts again, and same scenario over and over. Can someone tell me if I need to change the color wheel? Local TV repairman told me that all of the color wheels available for my television are rebuilt, so it's not worth fixing. Can anyone answer my questions?
Reply Rear Projection Units

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page