2008 Samsung DLP's Discussion (HLxxA650/A750) - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 03-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Anymore news on whether the Darkchip4 will be used in the new DLPs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2008, 04:49 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i am still in the same boat you are. waiting for more news.

SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The waiting is painful. This could make the purchase decision really hard. I was about to buy the HL-T7288w, but the 67" with DarkChip4 may be worth the 15% smaller screen size.

I did notice a press release from TXN on DarkChip4 from september. That leads me to believe tha they've had the technology long enough for Samsung to use it in the 2008 models. I hope that's the case.

Maybe if they have the DarkChip 4 in the 72" 6 series (likely with a bulb), it may be worth? Too many choices, not enough information.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:26 AM
Advanced Member

Samsung appears ready to release their new 2008 series 6 and 7 LCDs as big box store CC already has it listed on their website. Could be once that release is underway more information on the new DLP models will follow....at least I hope so.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:48 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSony View Post

Samsung appears ready to release their new 2008 series 6 and 7 LCDs as big box store CC already has it listed on their website. Could be once that release is underway more information on the new DLP models will follow....at least I hope so.

JoeSony,

I can not find these units on the Samsung website at all. Where are you looking? Please help. Thanks.

Does anyone know where I can find some more information on the 61A750?
Old 03-04-2008, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

4K for a 52" lcd
That is just ludacris.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:

No information concerning 2008 Samsung DLP models is available at any big box store yet. It is a bit confusing when you refer to Samsung LCD and Bulb/LED DLP models as series 6 and series 7!

Oppo Beta Group
Old 03-04-2008, 10:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjre1 View Post

JoeSony,

I can not find these units on the Samsung website at all. Where are you looking? Please help. Thanks.

Does anyone know where I can find some more information on the 61A750?

So far all know information is posted/linked on original post on this topic.

Oppo Beta Group
Old 03-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post

No information concerning 2008 Samsung DLP models is available at any big box store yet. It is a bit confusing when you refer to Samsung LCD and Bulb/LED DLP models as series 6 and series 7!

Sorry for the confusion in the post. I just wanted to point out that more information on the 08 Samsung LCD line is surfacing now and hopefully Samsung will start releasing info on their 08 DLP and Bulb rear projection line.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:22 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post

So far all know information is posted/linked on original post on this topic.

JohnAV,
Thanks, that is that I figured.
Old 03-04-2008, 06:23 PM

Well I'm in the market for a 56" but will wait for the reviews. The 2008 line doesn't much much different than the 2007 HLT line which was a disater from a quality perspective. The last truly good line was the 2006 HLS line. I'm talking strictly bulb here not LED.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:56 PM

I'm saying goodbye to my 34xbr960 great PQ but the screen is to small so I'm looking at the new 67'' led. cant wait to get it..
Old 03-05-2008, 12:57 AM

I chatted to gal at Samsung she said 2008 all models be out end march begining april. I have older model hln4365w and loved it. Not sure what i will replace it with, as i liked the hl-t5089 i dont see new 08 have led lamp less is big,i cant go any bigger than 50"
Old 03-05-2008, 02:07 AM

I would imagine we will start seeing them soon , I happen to work at Best Buy and all Samsung/Mits tvs are starting to disappear. The only thing we have left are a couple of 50 inch tvs and they are store display's They are making room for the new model year tvs that should be coming soon.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:35 AM

not sure this belongs here but was on cc web site they have few 08 listed.Seems like new lcd are all CCFLCold Cathode Fluorescent Lamp: Provides colors in your picture that were not available before. that was listed with model 46"LN 46a650
Old 03-07-2008, 04:33 AM
AVS Special Member

doesnt belong here, lcd is not rear projection..
Old 03-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have the HL-T6176S and it has major issues so one more Exchange and I may be looking at these sets. Weird though how we dont have any details and they are supposed to be out in a month? Just checked out the Successor to my set the HL61A650. Features are identical. I doubt they are using the Darkchip 4. I would think If that was coming Samsung would be marketing them already. Its just to quiet for March. If they were going to be production in a month someone should have seen them.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:14 PM

Liked: 11
Samsung may not be marketing the new sets heavily in order to allow vendors to offload a large amount of overstock and not piss off their retail partners...or they just don't have that much new stuff to tout .
Old 03-07-2008, 02:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Location: In the glorious open countryside of Eastern Ontario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STR3T View Post

Samsung may not be marketing the new sets heavily in order to allow vendors to offload a large amount of overstock and not piss off their retail partners...or they just don't have that much new stuff to tout .

Well since their press release only said the first of the new sets are "expected" in April, I wouldn't make anything out of this at least until the end of that month, if then. My guess is that they aren't even coming off the production lines yet.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:31 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 472
There are several improvements that Samsung can make to the 2008 models that they wouldn't report. Those would be improvements to some of the problems that were introduced in the 2007 models.

If that's the case then waiting would be very worthwhile.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:02 PM

Talked to a guy at BB today who said not to expect them until May. I have an itchy trigger finger but I'll try to hold out. Hopefully the wait will be worth it.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:00 PM

The lady I talked to at Sears said the new models should be on sale in April OR May. I think the "or" may have been to protect her and the store from complaining customers if the TVs by chance weren't there by the end of April. So it seems that most stores are still being given April as the date of release.

-Jon
Old 03-08-2008, 08:09 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonish View Post

The lady I talked to at Sears said the new models should be on sale in April OR May. I think the "or" may have been to protect her and the store from complaining customers if the TVs by chance weren't there by the end of April. So it seems that most stores are still being given April as the date of release.

-Jon

Judging by the lack of information online thats probably the time frame you will see these new models. I anticipate late march perhaps some information from Samsung, but who knows?

Oppo Beta Group
Old 03-08-2008, 12:28 PM

I was thinking about getting the HL-T6187S for about a month now. However, after reading the enormous thread and hearing about the halo effect, I've decided to hold off for the 2008 models instead. (I know the halo has an easy fix by why pay all that money for a possibly defective TV?)

Given that all of the 2007 models have fixed the halo effect as of Jan 08 (build date) I'm really hoping that the 2008 models will have this fix as well. It's safe to assume they will, right? I'm just hoping that waiting the agonizing extra month (or two) will pay off with a TV that is very less likely to have a huge defect like that.

Thoughts?

-Jon
Old 03-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

I'd wait. Always best to get a new model with new features/Improvements.
Old 03-08-2008, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonish View Post

I was thinking about getting the HL-T6187S for about a month now. However, after reading the enormous thread and hearing about the halo effect, I've decided to hold off for the 2008 models instead. (I know the halo has an easy fix by why pay all that money for a possibly defective TV?)

Given that all of the 2007 models have fixed the halo effect as of Jan 08 (build date) I'm really hoping that the 2008 models will have this fix as well. It's safe to assume they will, right? I'm just hoping that waiting the agonizing extra month (or two) will pay off with a TV that is very less likely to have a huge defect like that.

Thoughts?

-Jon

I'm in the same situation as you, and I'm waiting as well (despite my wife's wishes). Based on the internet prices, the 08 models should be almost the same price as the 07. And even if it doesn't have DarkChip4, the 08 should be at least slightly improved.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Touch View Post

I'm in the same situation as you, and I'm waiting as well (despite my wife's wishes). Based on the internet prices, the 08 models should be almost the same price as the 07. And even if it doesn't have DarkChip4, the 08 should be at least slightly improved.

You are only kind of right. The 08s will be about the same price as the 07s. That is, the ***89S 07s. It will not be close to the slightly feature deprived ***87S 07s that you are thinking of. That means it will back up to the mid/high 2Ks and not the teens currently seen on the Big River.
Old 03-08-2008, 08:12 PM

Once they do go on sale at the Big Box stores, when do you think we will see them at the Big River?
Old 03-08-2008, 08:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 25
THis is strange behaviour from Samsung. When the HL-T series came out, we knew a LOT more about it before the products were in the stores. The last time I saw something like this was in 2006 when HP had announced their LED DLP sets... and then they weren't heard from again. Some stores even started showing SKUs, but in the end HP announced that they were reconsidering their position in the DLP market, and indeed, they withdrew. I'm seriously hyoping Samsung isn't reconsidering as well, especially in light (or LED ) of the Sony pull put from RP units recently.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnabney View Post

You are only kind of right. The 08s will be about the same price as the 07s. That is, the ***89S 07s. It will not be close to the slightly feature deprived ***87S 07s that you are thinking of. That means it will back up to the mid/high 2Ks and not the teens currently seen on the Big River.

Where have you heard the mid/high 2k figure? I've seen high teen's for the HL61A750 at pcmall.

User Tag List