I've taken my unit apart and done a little discover, but haven't been enlightened yet. I acquired a copy of a service training guide... basically a collection of powerpoint style slides. A section covering lamp troubleshooting said that the LSXK0303 power supply (for the lamp module) was supposed to put out 26VDC. I measured 25.7. Interestingly, the lamp module has a label that says it wants "28VDC 270W". Current-wise, that runs nearly 10 Amps.
I should back up and describe something about the symptoms of this failure.
1. The TV can power up and work, but just for about 2 or 3 minutes, then the lamp shuts down and the green LED flashes for a while until the red LED begins flashing 2x then pause. On subsequent restarts, it runs less than a minute before shutting down.
2. Throughout that, the lamp module has not even become warm to the touch (be *very* cautious about touching it!).
3. After the original lamp failed, it flat wouldn't restart, period. That implies something different about this lamp's failure mode.
4. During lamp warmup, running and shutdown, the power supply output measured 25.7VDC without noticeable change or instability.
5. The label on the lamp indicates it needs 28VDC at 270W (9.6A?)
6. Entering a service mode, the diagnostic display showed the last faults "SOS" codes as "L02". I guess the "L" is for lamp, anyone know what the "02" might tell me?