Panasonic pt-47wx52f green alignment - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-11-2008, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I bought a new LCD panel a few months ago and sold my 47" Panasonic projection box to a friend.

It continued to work fine until this weekend. She said it had an awful picture. I went over, and the convergence was all to crap. Just horrible. I asked her if anything had happened to the TV; she said no. There are a couple of problems...

1. I can't get green alignment. In the Setup menu you go into "convergence 1" and for green alignment it puts a big green cross on the screen. You center the cross on the screen using the remote. I can get the cross to move up and down, but I can't get it to move left and right. The green cross, right now, is WAY off to the left. The TV is receiving my commands - the screen tells you what button on the remote you're pushing.

I took the back of the TV off. The projector lamp itself is screwed down tight - you can't adjust it. I assume adjustment is done by the 6" square electronic board below the projector lamp. But I have no idea if I can mess with that board to fix this.

2. I'll mention another problem; I don't know if it's actually a problem. In some of the other convergence setups, you have a series of crosses (8) on the screen. You do red and blue convergence this way. You move from cross to cross and align the red and blue crosses with the white cross. In these convergence setups, the crosses on the right side of the screen are different and I don't remember them being this way before. The vertical part of the cross is tilted (top of cross to right, bottom of cross to left). I remember them being vertical. So, I can align the center of the cross and the horizontal bar on the cross, but the vertical can't align.

I've had my friend call several TV repair places, and they all want to charge about $300 to $400 to fix the problem. Irritating to both of us since I only charged her $300 to $400 (I can't remember) for the TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-11-2008, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 41
http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...e-repairs.html
http://www.keohi.com/keohihdtv/brand...onic_tips.html
Reply Rear Projection Units

User Tag List