Sony kv30xbr910 stuck in Full screen mode - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-04-2008, 10:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a 30" Sony kv30xbr910 that I just bought from my brother. On Video 1 to 4, I can change the screen mode between Normal, Zoom, Wide Zoom & Full. However, on the HD inputs (Video 5 & 6) the screen mode is stuck at Full.

It doesn't matter what device I connect to these inputs (Cable Box, Xbox 360, HV20 camcorder) or what resolution I set them to (1080i or 720p) the screen is always at Full. Is there anyway I can change it to Normal? I've looked through the manual but couldn't find anything. Any help/info you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2008, 08:57 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
If you feed a HD resolution into your set, it will lock into FULL mode. This is normal operation. FULL screen mode is always the correct mode for HD material, why would you want to operate in NORMAL?

If this is an SD issue, I always recommend setup of cable boxes, etc. to passthrough SD (480i) material instead of upconverting in the source box. This will give you better control over how SD material is presented with screen modes and DRC options available.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin