Sony KV-36HS420 - No blue on component and now - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 08-21-2008, 08:34 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Sony KV-36HS420 (purchased new 4+ years ago) and when we returned from vacation (on Monday) and my fiance went to use it (Tuesday evening), there appeared to be no blue signal using the component input. I switched cables, tested other inputs, etc... I finally localized it to the TV, connected the cable box to the HDMI input and it worked fine.

Then wednesday evening when turning it on the HDMI input has screen jitter and all inputs seem to be slightly curved (concaved) on the left hand side.

I called a couple local repair shops to check on the price for servicing it. It would be $65 for in home service call and a $60 estimate fee (refunded if a repair is done.

I am wondering what the possible cause for this could be and if I should save the $125-$400 (I'm guess what a reasonable repair might cost) from the cost of a repair and simply put it towards the price of a new 36-40 LCD?

I wouldn't be so concerned if it was just the slight picture distortion since I assume a simple calibration would take care of that. However, the combination of the two issues (both surfacing separately and on consecutive days) has me concerned that something major is failing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page