After pining over this thing for a while now, I finally managed to pick one up for a mere $100. So far I've been really thrilled with it, but had a few questions and thought I'd see if anyone had any thoughts:
1. This is a 16X10 monitor, right? Why is it when I use resolutions like 1280X800 that I still get a letterboxed(slightly) image? I've tried it with two games so far, both at the mentioned res, and using the "Size" settings, even at 100% on the vertical stretching, I can't make the image reach both the top and bottom of the monitor.
2. Speaking of the "Size" setting, what the difference between "Size" and "Center"? There doesn't appear to be a difference at all.
3. When trying out a new res, how does everyone else handle it? For 4:3, I switch to the res, switch to the highest possible refresh rate, hit "APC" on the settings bar, then go to "Size" and stretch it vertically until it reaches the top and bottom of the monitor. For 16X10, I do the same but also stretch it horizontally until it reaches both sides of the monitor. Is this the correct way to do it?
4. Does anyone else have some oddities with the image around the top, left hand corner of the screen as well? I don't really know how to explain it other than to say that the image starts off well enough at the bottom left hand corner, but then start going towards the center of the screen at a slight angle, resulting in a small bit of space where the image no longer touches the side of the monitor. The settings under "Screen" seem to help a little, but I can never quite get the image to a perfect rectangle. Plus, even when I do get it to an acceptable level, you can tell it's not quite right as anything up there looks squished, tiny or just distorted. It's weird, my Sony CRT HDTV(34") does this as well when hooked to my HTPC. Never have been able to figure it out.
5. 1280X720 doesn't quite look right, it's because it's not a 16X10 resolution right? It's 16X9? The only reason I even try it is because it allows me to set a refresh rate of 85hz where as 1280X800 only allows me to do, get this, 59 or 60. I don't know why. My card is a Radeon X1950 Pro, you'd think it could handle more. I'm also using the driver from Sony, to enable as many refresh rates as possible.
6. I wish it would remember my refresh rate settings. Seems like every time I switch back to the res I normally use, it just sticks with whatever the refresh rate was of the last res I was using. Sometimes it remembers, sometimes it doesn't. Anything to that?
None of these issues are deal breakers, just sort of minor annoyances(especially when you figure that my last few monitors had no real issues in most of the applicable areas). If anyone has any thoughts, they would be most appreciated.