Samsung TXT3093WHX/XAA Service Menu Help - AVS Forum
Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays > Samsung TXT3093WHX/XAA Service Menu Help
ELightshow's Avatar ELightshow 05:54 AM 09-09-2009
Hi all, let me start by saying I'm a moron. I went into the service menu trying to get the cutoff edges of my screen to appear and messed with a BUNCH of deflection,DHCP, etc. settings and now I'm looking in a fun house mirror. I didn't write the values down (moron, I know) and called Customer service and the Tech yelled at me lol. So any of you have the default values for the service menu so I can get my set back to normal? Or is there a way to maybe upgrade the firmware so I can so a reset or something? I know it's an older set but any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Th3_uN1Qu3's Avatar Th3_uN1Qu3 07:17 AM 09-09-2009
There should be a reset option when you first enter the menu. After you press the buttons on your remote the first menu should have three options, "Adjust" (where you mess things up), Option (selects TV tuner type and some other things, useful if you had to replace with a different part), and Reset, which does exactly what its name says.

Now, i dunno if it's like that on every set, but it is on my two older Samsungs.
ELightshow's Avatar ELightshow 07:22 AM 09-09-2009
Thanks for the response. I just downloaded a factory service manual with everything I needed from some website in a language that I couldn't read but it works! I can't post the url cause I'm new here, sorry.
Th3_uN1Qu3's Avatar Th3_uN1Qu3 07:35 AM 09-09-2009
That's cool then. Next time note down the values before you make any adjustments.
bogardboy's Avatar bogardboy 04:42 PM 11-03-2009
I'm in desperate need of help! I've got the same TV model TXT3093WHX and i went in the service menu, changed the "DEFLECTION" values and forgot to write them down. I've got the service manual too but i dont know how to set it back to normal the way i had it... Cant someone please post me their DEFLECTION values for this set? PLEASE HELP
The Lizard King's Avatar The Lizard King 08:02 PM 11-24-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogardboy View Post

I'm in desperate need of help! I've got the same TV model TXT3093WHX and i went in the service menu, changed the "DEFLECTION" values and forgot to write them down. I've got the service manual too but i dont know how to set it back to normal the way i had it... Cant someone please post me their DEFLECTION values for this set? PLEASE HELP

I have a TX-T3092WH, so that's pretty close to what you have. Mine are (regular print = factory, on the left; bold print = my tweaks/fine adjustments, on the right):

V Amp 51 51
V Shift 24 25
H Amp 34 30
H Shift 37 37
V Lin 6 6
Up_ Lin 0 1
Low_ Lin 2 3
V SC 2 2
H Par 21 20
Up_ Cor 33 33
Low_ Cor 34 34
H Tra 33 29
Bow 30 30
Angle 31 31
V Position 0 0
Left Blk 19 63
Right Blk 33 0
Upper Blk 0 0
Lower Blk 4 0
H Comp 1 1
V Comp 4 4
Pin Comp 2 2
AFC Comp 0 0
Horizon Line Cor -10 -10
Output Img H Pos 14 9

HTH!

TLK
bogardboy's Avatar bogardboy 03:04 PM 03-20-2010
I appreciate your help man, thank you but these values dont look so great on this set. The screen is all curvy and not aligned properly. I really need the default values for TXT3093WHX. If anyone could please help this would be greatly appreciated for any of us who own this set.
The Lizard King's Avatar The Lizard King 06:47 PM 03-27-2010
Quote:

I appreciate your help man, thank you but these values dont look so great on this set. The screen is all curvy and not aligned properly. I really need the default values for TXT3093WHX. If anyone could please help this would be greatly appreciated for any of us who own this set.

The non-bold (regular) print were the values from the factory. I'm sorry that you don't like my post, but that's the way it is (was).

TLK
bogardboy's Avatar bogardboy 12:46 AM 03-28-2010
I'm sorry i didnt mean to seem rude. I do appreciate you're help very much. It's just that perhaps the TXT3092 and TXT3093 are probably somehow different cuz after i put in ur tweaks it didn't look right on this set. Perhaps samsung designed something differently thats why it doesnt looks so great here. I will try the factory print and see what can be done. Again i didnt mean to be rude and if i did i do apologize. thanks for helping.
bogardboy's Avatar bogardboy 01:06 AM 03-28-2010
If someone has a TXT3093WH please try posting up good deflection values here.
bogardboy's Avatar bogardboy 02:49 AM 03-28-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELightshow View Post

Thanks for the response. I just downloaded a factory service manual with everything I needed from some website in a language that I couldn't read but it works! I can't post the url cause I'm new here, sorry.

How did you get urs to work!? I've got the service manual too. I've changed all values to factory settings according to my model TXT3093WH-32Z40 but i still cant get my deflection values correct enough to get the lines straight. Can you please send me you're values?
The Lizard King's Avatar The Lizard King 12:52 PM 03-28-2010
Quote:

I'm sorry i didnt mean to seem rude. I do appreciate you're help very much. It's just that perhaps the TXT3092 and TXT3093 are probably somehow different cuz after i put in ur tweaks it didn't look right on this set. Perhaps samsung designed something differently thats why it doesnt looks so great here. I will try the factory print and see what can be done. Again i didnt mean to be rude and if i did i do apologize. thanks for helping.

Okay. No problem. I was just trying to help. Good luck in your quest.

What I would do is do a craigslist search for the TXT3093WH (which is much more prevalent than the TXT3092WH, anyway). Once you find a local seller, go take a look at it. Go into the service menu and jot down all of the settings. Tell the seller, "Thank you very much, but this isn't quite what I'm looking for," and leave.

TLK
zrdb's Avatar zrdb 05:48 PM 09-03-2011
What you don't seem to realize is the default values are unique to each set-at the factory when each unit was caliberated the values were different because each set has sllightly different componet characteristics. I've adjusted a ton of sets and I always WRITE DOWN the initial settings before I start screwing around-that way if I accidently mess up something I have my reference values.
Up
Mobile  Desktop