Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 11-10-2009, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
hi guys i have a sony KV-40XBR700 crt tv here are the specs

Sony's amazing 40" Wega XBR is the largest direct-view TV you can buy and definitely one of the finest. Its screen is 56% bigger than a 32"! More than any other TV we've seen, the KV-40XBR700 delivers big-screen impact and direct-view clarity. There's no need to dim the lights or close the drapes, which is often necessary for optimum viewing with projection TVs. This Sony's big, bright picture overpowers the effects of room lights or daylight afternoon ballgames are as striking as movies at night. (Sony's elegant, sturdy matching stand raises the hefty KV-40XBR700 to the perfect viewing height.)

On an ordinary TV screen of this size, you might notice the presence of horizontal scan lines. But this extraordinary 40-incher includes Sony's Digital Reality Creation MultiFunction upconversion technology to give regular NTSC video sources (like DVD, VCR, DBS, cable TV, etc.) a smoother, more dimensional look. Video material that was originally shot on film (nearly all DVDs, and most cable, satellite, and over-the-air programs) is further enhanced by Sony's CineMotion 3-2 pulldown processing. With CineMotion, interlaced-scan images are converted to progressive-scan more cleanly and accurately.

Sony's HDTV-ready Hi-Scan design means you can watch beautifully clear 1080i HDTV broadcasts when you connect a separate HDTV tuner. Plus, the KV-40XBR700 is equipped with two wide-bandwidth Hi-Scan component video inputs, so you can connect and enjoy maximum performance from another video source, such as a progressive-scan or standard DVD player.

Details:

Hi-Scan HDTV monitor (compatible with HDTV/SDTV formats when connected to a separate HDTV tuner and displays them at 1080i or 480p; also accepts 480p output from a compatible DVD player)
Digital Reality Creation MultiFunction (upconverts NTSC sources to 960i or 480p)
CineMotion 3-2 pulldown processing
4:3 screen aspect ratio
auto/manual 16:9 Enhanced viewing mode for HDTV and anamorphic DVDs
10-bit 3D digital comb filter
Twin View Picture and Picture with Multi-Image Driver X
Velocity Modulation Scanning (selectable)
MTS stereo reception
181-channel tuner
illuminated Flip/joystick multibrand remote
6 A/V inputs, including:
4 composite video (3 rear, 1 front)
3 S-video (2 rear, 1 front)
2 rear-panel wide-bandwidth component video
(compatible with 1080i/480p/480i signals)
2 RF inputs for antenna/cable
7.5 watts x 2, plus 15 watts for built-in subwoofer
43"W x 33"H x 26-1/2"D
warranty: 1 year parts and labor, 2 years parts on the tube

i will try to sell this on ebay and was wondering what should i ask for the price? it comes with the stand? thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-20-2013, 09:12 AM

Liked: 10
I am a TV repair technician I was called my the owner of a sony kv-40xbr700 crt tv 2 repair the said TV but when I got into the TV I found that one of the circuit boards were missing. The owner said a technician had a look at the said TV sometime ago and took out the board, and 2 date he can not find the technician or the circuit board. I do not have the circuit board number that was taken out so that I can place an order 2 replace same. I am therefore seeking any information I can get regarding the circuit board number and where I can purchase same 4 the customer
post #3 of 6 Old 02-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Given the age of this thread, I wish you luck in your quest!

You may have to contact Sony HQ direct?
post #4 of 6 Old 02-20-2013, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Yeah I didn't realize this was an ancient and unanswered thread and you're both Raymonds (of course would be nice if folks wouldn't create a new thread to ask a question). Glad I didn't waste my time answering the first Raymond today. rolleyes.gifbiggrin.gif

2nd Raymond: Try finding the real thread on AVS for this model or a similar model, it should have a LOT more posts than this one and thus more folks paying attention to it.

post #5 of 6 Old 02-20-2013, 01:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond Tyson View Post

I am a TV repair technician
LOL!
Most repair techs would have or know how to obtain a service manual. Schematics and part numbers should be provided.
http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/sony-kv-40xbr700-service-manual.html
post #6 of 6 Old 08-25-2013, 04:52 PM

Liked: 10
anyone want ours, it wont turn on
the red light flashes

its had a good run....
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version