Sony KV-28LS35E & RGB (/VGA) - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 10-05-2010, 03:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have this old widescreen trinitron tube at home, and everything works nicely with it, I'm using 848x480 resolution over s-video currently and videos look good.

However, I'm about to upgrade my graphics card, and the new ones don't have S-Video or even composite support anymore, so I need to find alternative solution to connect my PC to the TV.

I bought a SCART - VGA cable so I could test things out a bit, sadly the VGA-end is female, so I'm now using DVI-VGA adapter on my gfx card (HD3870), vga-vga cable connected to that, and finally the SCART-VGA cable at the end of all that.

SCART is plugged in to the lower SCART plug behind my TV, as according to manual that's the one supporting RGB-signals.
However, according to TV, it's not getting RGB signal, as it's showing ">( )1" instead of ">(...)" no matter how I try to switch through the signal sources.

Only thing I'm sure about is that it gets some signal in, since if I use the "identify displays" from Screen Resolutions panel in Win7 (x64), the TV gives me annoying "buzzing noise" while the number is supposed to show.

I've tried to browse everything in Catalyst Control Center, tried different resolutions but with no luck so far.

Anyone got any idea how to get the picture to show up on TV with the SCART-adapter without buying some active adapter-box which costs probably 70-100++, or will my only possible solution be to save some more money before upgrading the video card and get a flatscreen TV at the same time?
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page