KV-32XBR100 Horizontal Lines - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 02-05-2011, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a KV-32XBR100 that could use a little fixing. The set works without any problems, but it has horizontal lines going from one side of the set to the other, and they cover the entire screen. It is most noticeable when the picture is dark (especially when black), but it can be seen at all times as well.

What exactly is going on?

I thought it was my feature box, but I plugged the T.V. directly into the wall, and it is the exact same.

All help is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 02-11-2011, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just got rid of my 32XBR100 because of that same issue. The light colored lines on mine were getting progressively worse, so we decided to make the move to a HD flat screen (a great move by the way). The problem for us was the tuner section in the feature box. At first, I bought a Motorola signal amplifier, and that helped quite a bit, but gradually the lines came back and I ended up removing the amplifier. I know it was the tuner going bad, because if we ran the incoming cable signal through our old VCR using it as the tuner, then out to the tv, then the picture was perfect again.

So, I don't know if they are repairable or not, but you could contact a Sony repair center to see. LOL, for whatever reason, I kept the feature box & cable, 2 remotes, and the manual, but not the tv.
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page