JVC AV-32S776, Worth buying? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-15-2011, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
ATSC and QAM tuners. This is a 1080i 4by3 model with hdmi. Manufactured in 2005. Seller wants $125, but could be talked down. What is the quality history of these?

TVFOOL report

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-15-2011, 12:32 PM

Liked: 15
Keeping in mind that I am the cheapest bastard I know, I would not touch that deal. I don't know anything about the quality record of that set, but with a 4:3 set of that size your 16:9 viewing area is ~ 30" diagonal, and much of the mainstream broadcast content is 16:9 and of course almost all movies are that or wider.

I think seriously that $40 or $50 is a more reasonable price for that set, especially when I see similar or larger widescreen CRT sets on craigslist fairly regularly for much less than $125, sometimes even free.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-15-2011, 11:01 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonLoaf View Post

I don't know anything about the quality record of that set, but with a 4:3 set of that size your 16:9 viewing area is ~ 30" diagonal, and much of the mainstream broadcast content is 16:9 and of course almost all movies are that or wider.

Of course I would watch for something like this to drop in price before making an offer. I care more about the inputs and other features than HDTV or screen size. Heck, I routinely watch letterboxed content on my 27" RCA from 12' away.

TVFOOL report

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page