Flakey Sony WEGA CRT digital comb filter? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 02-25-2011, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have been playing my Nintendo NES on a KV-32FS120 for a few months now and its been fine. The TV was great. I found a very good deal on an identical TV locally, so I picked it up. I put my existing TV in the closet and am now using the new one since it has slightly better geometry. I figure it will be hard to find these things in a few years and this is the perfect model for my gaming.

While playing on this new set, I noticed the occasional flicker on a scanline. It's like a single scanline on the screen will have an error. It's almost like the one scanline is out of place.

It doesn't happen on a particular location on the screen nor during a particular event in the game. It isn't an error with the game cartridge, as I have tried a few. It isn't an error with the NES, as I have several here and they all exhibit the exact same problem. It isn't an error with the cable, as I have swapped the cable and cleaned the contacts.

It seems likely to be to be an error with the digital comb filter. Is this something that I can test or replace myself? Is there a service mode setting that might affect the digital comb filter?

Thanks for any help.
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page