May issue of Sounds & Visions have new 38" Aconda by Loewe $5,000! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-11-2002, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter
hob

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Loewe Opta pronounced Lu Va of Germany has introduced the almost same as the RCA F-38310JX4 as owned by me and quite a few here on AVS. It's a Direct Tube on 16 X 9 Format. Converts interlaced signals to progressive scan with 2:3 pulldown.

Read about it in Sounds & Visions magazine page 45 or phone number in USA is 866-563-9387

Dimensions: 41 inches wide, 30 inches high and 24.5 inches deep, Weight 210 pounds.

High Points: Crisp high-def images. Solid black level. Great Styling.

Low Points: Remote not backlit. Pricey.:)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2002, 11:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 48
OK, but how about integrated HD tuner? More than one Component input? Digital inputs? (firewire, DVI)

For 5 grand it better have all of the above (well, maybe not DVI, but at least firewire)

Vimeo is the home of the Super8 Shooter...
http://vimeo.com/super8shooter
Old 04-11-2002, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter
hob

Matt it has only 1 set of component input Y-Cr-Cb C-VIDEO but it has a vga input, 4 sets of s-vid/composite, red and white instead of 3 like the *discontinued* RCA F-38310. The Aconda has the same picture tube as F-38310 has and a built in line doubler. You guys are going to have to help me on this it has words Audio Digital in with a white cap over one and then nothing on top of open input that says out, next to it on left has jack with words AUDIO VGA underneath the input jack.

In the middle of the back there is a 8 or 9 hole input that says SERVICE, it was photographed from right not directly in back of set on left side here is a vertical rectangle ORANGE in color with words EXT. SP2 underneath it has CLASS 2 WIRING, VGA input is next to the orange thingy.

On top right side it has a oval only vertically stretched with SUR on top, on the left side of streched oval R then a bit lower L and SUB-WOOFER, SUB on top of hyphenated WOOFER.

In lower middle it has SUBWOOFER underneath STAND no dot CLASS 2 WIRING

On lower left it has Antenna A, LOOP, B
3 F-type connecters IMO

I don't see any video outputs at all just audio like the F-38310, there is a IR jack above VGA input. I have used capitals where the magazine has used them only, not to shout out the words. I don't know what the white cap is on the Digital Audio is and I don't have a clue to what the 4 round and 4 square input orange thingy is!

Sounds & Visions cost US $3.99 Canada $4.99 to those who are not subsrcibers, my subscription is paid to year 2028, 26 years from now. Matt I hope this helps I am sorry but I can't type URL that works.

Matt I tried the magazine printed URL www.loewe.de but it won't work. I looked it up on the domain registry, they said it was copywrited and wouldn't give it out. I would not out any new product post without a URL but in this case I couldn't!:)
Old 04-12-2002, 02:43 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Hmmm, so the VGA would probably be compatible with th DISV GVA out, I suppose, making it possible to hook up a 480p DVD player. No Firewire/iLink kinda sucks on such an expensive set. This info is very helpful, so thanks for looking.

Vimeo is the home of the Super8 Shooter...
http://vimeo.com/super8shooter
Old 04-12-2002, 04:10 PM - Thread Starter
hob

Matt it's a pisser finding out that RCA has discontinued the F-38310. Loewe Opta
Aconda has the exact same tube as mine does. Only difference is that it has the VGA mini-din 15 pin input. Two 12 watt amplifier channels power its 4 speakers.

Tallest over all of the other input devices is the orange thingy with 8 input. (maybe banana type, not RCA phono type) What ever that is and I don't have a clue as to what it's purpose is. Matt I explained I only used capital letters where they used them, if you were to view the back of the ("Silver/Gold luminous during different lighting conditions" Metallic or Piano Black) set, you would see the words printed in capital letters.

Matt all the inputs are in a big square indented box, BTW the test report was written by Al Griffin Senior Reviews Editor of Sound & Visions who said he went into the service menu to disable the SVM Scan Velocity Modulation, but could see *no* difference and do a full calibration. He recommends a qualified Technician to do calibration! The Remote control is grey with medium Blue colored buttons. :)
Old 04-23-2002, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter
hob

^^bump^^