Service Menu for Overscan on Philips 24RF50S - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-11-2011, 04:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Like the title says, I'm looking to get into the service menu to adjust some overscan issues I'm having. I've tried using the following codes to no avail:

http://www.riddledtv.com/forums/phil...rptv-t288.html

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-12-2011, 10:02 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 18
Wow, none of those worked, that's surprising. I think almost all Philips sets use the 062596Status/Exit combination. When inputing the code, you can't let the OSD timeout, just punch them in with like a half second between each press.

If this doesn't work, post the chassis number for your set, and I'll see if I can find the service manual.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime
post #3 of 6 Old 04-22-2011, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I tried all those codes again and got nothing to work. Perhaps I am imputing it incorrectly? The TV stays on while I put in the codes, correct?

Anyway, I'm not really sure what defines the chassis code number, but these are the only significant values I could find from the rear of the TV.

model number: 24RF50S141

Serial: 71750700

number below serial (Chassis?): BZ000224 930820

Thanks!
post #4 of 6 Old 04-23-2011, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Doing a bit of research, I think the chassis for your model is 24M8, but I can't be sure. I'm trying to find the manual for that chassis. If I do, I'll post back.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime
post #5 of 6 Old 04-23-2011, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, oryan_dunn. Please let me know.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-24-2011, 08:20 AM
AVS Special Member

Ok, got the service manual for chassis 24M8
24M8 25M8 27M8 32M8 Service Manual [docs.google.com]
Coligion, double check the sticker on the back to see if it says 24M8 anywhere on it. This service manual does mention model 24RF50S, so I'm almost certain it's the correct one. The manual does state the sequence to enter the SAM (service alignment mode) is 062596 followed by OSD/Status button. Pages 20-22 detail how to enter the sam. So, either something is wrong with your set or you're not entering it properly. If you can get in, pages 51-54 of the service manual give a brief overview of the software alignments available. Don't touch any of the options bytes or other menus of the sam, i'd just stick with geometry and if you've got a color meter, the white tone menu. Also, here's the link to all Philips consumer information on your set http://www.p4c.philips.com/files/2/24rf50s/

Edit: I just noticed your model number was 24RF50S141. The 41 at the end makes me think it's not a US set. If it's not, I still wouldn't think Philips would have different SAM codes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page