How does my Megaview's .85 dot pitch compare to other sets? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-14-2002, 05:52 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The specs for my XC-3730C Megaview indicate a .85 mm dot (or stripe) pitch at the center and 1.05 mm at the corners.
I'm wondering how this compares to the newer HDTV monitors?

Bob Wood
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-14-2002, 11:39 AM
AVS Special Member

all i know offhand is that the ever-present rca 38-inch model touts a .72 mm dot pitch at the center, and the princeton graphics monitors have been said to have somewhere around .6 mm (also center). how accurate this is, i'm not sure. what is the megaview, anywhy?

"There's a... big machine in the sky... Some sort of... electric snake. It's headed right for us..."
"Shoot it."
"Not yet. I want to study its habits."
post #3 of 5 Old 04-14-2002, 01:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Robert,

It's typical to see the dot pitch numbers increase with screen size. The Princeton AF3.0HD was actually rated at .66 but it was only a 30" viewable. I wouldn't sweat it too much, as I found the image of the XC3730 extremely smooth and convergence highly accurate (unlike today's cheaper HD-Ready TVs), and you get alot of user controls that are not accessible to most direct view users. As I'm guessing that you got this unit at a bargain, it should make you feel better that the last time I asked Electrograph for a pricing on one of these units for a corporate customer, it was still quoted at about $7K.

Kei Clark
Digital Connection
post #4 of 5 Old 04-14-2002, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Addicted Member

Kei,

I got it for $700. It seems to be fine except for purity. No matter what orientation it's in or what purity adjustment setting I can't get all the color splotches out. I've owned several 33" Mits Megaviews and had this problem on or two of those too. I can't find my degaussing coil but when I do I hope that will help. Also a tech has told me that I may get some improvement by turning the purity rings on the tube neck. Do you concur with that?

Bob
post #5 of 5 Old 04-14-2002, 03:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Robert,

Oooh, yeah probably, and I know that you would know this, but for the benefit of others, I discourage against doing it yourself unless you're familiar with and qualified to work on a CRT Tube. I had RCA's service company over to look at purity problems on a 38", but they deferred it stating that it was within spec and had no intention of correcting the problem.

I'm currently having a problem with the remote control on my XC3730 and will likely be calling their service center for repairs, at which time I'll have them look into various other things that were supposed to have been corrected on a warranty basis.

Kei Clark
Digital Connection
Closed Thread Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page