standby light blinks 7 times - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 04-26-2011, 07:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is my sony dead it has 7 blinking lights, I found a code that says its a Horizontal Deflection Stopped code. It won't come on at all, I used to have to unplug it every once in a while but now that won,t work.Does anyone know what that means. its a kd- 34xbr960 any ideas thanks D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-26-2011, 08:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
This is a common failing of the 960. There is a thread about replacing 2 tubes (soldering) and all is good. Repair stores around me wanted $350 to do the repair with no guarantee.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1146629
post #3 of 5 Old 04-26-2011, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

thanks teejay for the link, what I've been able to find out is that its an IC or 2 gone bad in the power supply. local shop said if that was it that it would be $150 to replace them and he has them in stock. Is this something I can do my self, is this what you were talking about. Im handy when it comes to electronics if I could find the IC's Ithink I could do it
post #4 of 5 Old 04-27-2011, 11:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I am not the guy to give advise on this. I read about the replacement procedure for 2 or 3 years watching person after person having success. Sometime there were soldering problems but all in all if you are comfortable opening up the big box by all means go ahead. I took the failure (after 8 years) to be an opportunity to go before the Board of Advisers (she who must be obeyed) to purchase a 48 inch Samsung and am very happy. (internet and home network are an upgrade IMHO)
post #5 of 5 Old 04-27-2011, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

lol I herd that,sounds like u came out for the better. I kept messing around with it and got it to come back on, so we will see how long it lasts so far so good. I bought mine in 04 and its still has one of the best all around pictures I've seen. just wish it wasn't so dang bulky lol
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page