Monivision: Am I the only one? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 04-15-2002, 10:14 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I picked up a demo 20" visible Monivision a couple of years ago for $200. I like it even though the dot pitch .76 and it is 800x600ni and 1024x768i.

I've been thinking about picking up a newer larger one, maybe 29" or bigger with XGA instead of the SVGA I have now. I would set this up for dual display and run the TV app on that, while e-mail etc runs on the other.

Or maybe I should hold out until I find a $700 Mitsu 3730 deal like RobertWood did? Wish I could get one of those.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2002, 02:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally posted by e vey
I've been thinking about picking up a newer larger one, maybe 29" or bigger with XGA instead of the SVGA I have now.
Um... I would only note that these displays don't seem well suited as serious computer displays. For gaming - sure. But, I wouldn't plan on reading lots of hi-res text on them. (what they say about advising you to run 800x600 is probably wise)

As for further discussion of the Monivision DM series displays, you might check out the Princeton Graphics FTX thread (it turns out that Princeton is just rebranding the Monivision line, with a possible value-add being the Ch. 1 stuff that I imagine no one cares about).