2002 Panasonic CT-36SL32 flatscreen won't turn on - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-16-2011, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello
I have a Panasonic (as listed above) that won't turn on... On searching AVS I found a thread that listed it may be the fuse... wonderful thread!!! I opened the TV found the fuse, yep, it was black... today went to circuit city they did not have 125V fuses only 250 and the guy said the volt didn't matter... so i got 6.3a 250v... I popped it in, plugged it in and got a click when hitting the power button... so Up on the stand the big bugger went and hook the reciever back up to it.... only to discover that that is only how far it goes... no delay clicks to come on, no led light. just the initial power click as if it was turning on. only to remain a black screen and nothing else, no menu no voice, nothing... could something else be wrong or is the voltage to high for the tv and I have to search for 125 v fuse.... any advice and assistance would be greatly appeciated as I really do not want to buy another tv at the moment.
thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-16-2011, 07:05 PM

Liked: 11
Is the fuse still blown or does it still click when you turn it on/off?
These are the TV's that I repair the most and a FUSE DOES NOT BLOW FOR NOTHING. It's 6.3A not a 250mA fuse. The common problem in all Panasonic Tau sets from 32-36" (and some 27") is the degausser. While it may seem weird, remember the sound those heavyweights make when you start it? Some of those 36" even draw 10amps at start-up when the degausser comes on. You know that big, BOOONG....
What has to be done is either unplug the degausser and hope no magnet comes close or change the posistor (see pic) that controls the degausser strenght and how long it lasts. It's a small black rectangular box written some numbers on it near where the degausser plugs into the circuit. Tech needed for that.

One problem, is that the degausser circuit sometimes breaks the power supply in some cases. That may be your problem although you could have something else.
I'll say, if you are not a tech, change the fuse, unplug the degausser (here's a pic of what the degausser coils are :

In your TV, two wires come out from your huge degausser coils. (They are uselessly twice as large as the ones that were in my Mitsubishi 37'' and mine you could degauss manually...) Unplug the degausser and try again your TV. If nothing happens, well your supply is shot. A tech should be able to repair it for under 100$.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-17-2011, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
thanks I will try that tomorrow when I have some extra hands to help since the tv is too heavy.... I currently have a 6.3a 250v fuse in the tv. the origional one (clearly blown, glass was black) was 6.3a 125v... the 250v fuse is still ok and still powers on the tv. you hear the click and that power on sound when it turns on but, it is , as if it turns off immediately after. I didn't know if the 250v was too much .. like a breaker switches off with too much. or if there was something else likely wrong with it. with the origional blown fuse I got nothing when turning on. this new fuse is getting power to turn on just won't stay on after that initial start up click-zing sound. ( hope I made sense there LOL)
post #4 of 4 Old 05-17-2011, 04:09 PM

Liked: 11
Then something else is broken in the TV since it doesn't matter at what voltage the fuse is. It needs to be repaired in your case.
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page