Hitachi 36" HD - older 36UDX10S with VGA or 36UD10S?? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 04-16-2002, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
have my heart set on a Hitachi 36". I'm getting a refurbished one online and have the choice to get the older model with the VGA input for a little bit more money, or the newer one.

Will the VGA input eliminate the need for a composite/progressive switcher for using both a set-top-box and a progressive dvd player?

Also, the newer one is supposed to have a better line doubler but the older on supposedly has a better tube.

I'm quite confused and would love some help. if it helps, i will be watching a lot of non-HD DirectV so the line doubler is kind of important. Don't know much about the VGA/HTPC side of things so i hope my question isn't dumb.

Also, since this is a 4:3 HDTV, is it necessary for me to get a scaling progressive dvd player like the RP91? I was in the market for a 16:9 until i came across this set and now i don't think i need a scaling dvd player and will probably go with a RP56. thanks in advance for any info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-18-2002, 10:02 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello,

I have the 36SDX01. The picture is great and I have it hooked up to my HTPC. If you get a set top box with VGA out you can hook it up to that and a dvd player to the component inputs. AS far as the line double I think it looks ok with regular cable tv input. I use a HD tv tuner card in my HTPC and the HD looks great on this set.
post #3 of 3 Old 04-26-2002, 10:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have the older 36SDX01S and its a great set. The line doubler is pretty good already, but it doesn't have 3:2 pulldown. Hard to notice anyway.

The addition of the VGA port makes all the difference. If there's even a twinkle in your mind about using an HTPC in the future, get the set with the VGA port - the 36SDX01S.

Robert
Closed Thread Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page