How can I turn on my Sony PVM-14M4U without using the power switch? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 06-24-2011, 11:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just received this monitor in the mail today from an eBay auction, and lo and behold the bottom-right part of the CRT's faceplace is detached from the rest of the unit to the point where I cannot access the power button behind it (not even with a long thin object like a pencil or screwdriver). This condition was neither featured in the picture of the item nor was it mentioned in the description ("This monitor has been tested to be in good condition and is fully operational."). Arrrgh, this is from a 100% positive feedback seller that has sold a decent quantity of A/V equipment, too!

I checked Sony's site for remote codes to try and turn the monitor on that way, however their database contains no information on the 14M4U.

Does anyone here know if a Universal remote would work on these things? I notice that there is an input labeled 'Remote' in the back, too. I've never seen a remote port on a display before so I'm not sure what type of remote works through that thing. Furthermore, would I first have to manually turn the monitor on in order to establish an initial connection through that remote port? That would crush all my hopes right there.
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page