AVS Forum banner

The Samsung TX-PxxxxH CRT HDTV (1080i) Page

3K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Samsungtv1 
#1 ·
Avs post

This page is intended for owners (past & present) of the Samsung TX-PxxxxH CRT HDTVs. I have looked all over the internet for information pertaining to this specific line of televisions, and have found a lot of information. Yet, no one seems to have a forum or blog about these TVs in specific. So, this page is my personal attempt to remedy that!

That being said, this is not intended to be a page for opinions or digital screaming/bashing about/of Samsung or any other products! This page is for constructive, enlightening, and researched information about the TX-PxxxxH line of Samsung CRT HDTVs.

I do, of course, realize that some of the topics I will discuss, as well as whomever else decides to post, may have another type of television, but are still learned enough about the topic(s) that they will hopefully share their knowledge with the rest of us! I DO NOT want anyone who has info about a topic to keep it to themselves just because they don't have a Samsung TX-PxxxxH TV.

So, let's go ahead and get started with the discussion, shall we?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok. I have a Samsung TX-PxxxxH CRT HDTV that I bought in 2006. It has worked amazingly until about a week ago. Now it is turning itself on and off (the well-known Samsung TV power supply "bug"). I have tried to find something, ANYTHING, about how to fix this problem! The closest I have come was on another site when someone posted that, "...I finally called the TV repairman. He came out and fixed it. It took him about 20 minutes, and cost me $180." The poster continued to say that, from what he could tell, the repairman only used a soldering iron to strengthen some points on the board "close to the power supply".

So, I ask the question: Does anyone out there know anything more in-depth about this issue or how to fix it? Like, where to solder? How to get into the TV to solder? Stuff like that?

Also, I have my BR Player running HDMI into an HDMI-DVI adapter to the DVI port in the back of my Samsung TV. But, when I turn the BR player on, the screen displays its picture all blown up (meaning that the picture's top and sides are cut off). It's like that regardless of whether or not I put the TV into 16:9 mode or not. Also, whether or not I hook up the player via Component cables. Can anyone help, or at least explain to me why this is happening? I have read elsewhere that I can adjust settings in the Service Menu to make it fit, but I don't want to destroy my TV!!! Someone somewhere please help! I cannot afford a repairman, and sure as hell can't afford a new TV, yet!

I plan on getting into the SM and posting all of the settings, so that we can start to compile a legend of what everything means ("CXA LEFT BLK" or "DVI_HS_1080i" for example!), and what it affects and why/how etc.

So, I'll start working on compiling that list, and post it in-full when it's finished. Then, maybe, with all of our brains working toward a common goal, we can have a comprehensive list of SM settings with layman names and descriptions of what the settings do!

In the meantime, the power supply issue is pretty important! So, let's get going on that!

Thank you, everyone who reads this! Thank-Thank you for everyone who posts! Hope to see something soon!

Best to all!

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll try helping. I've repaired a couple of these sets for different problems (flyback, supply, pin cushion, etc.).

What I'd check first if I were you is if there's blown capacitors in the supply. Look for any capacitor that the top is bulged.

Without more detail I can't say really whats the problem but these sets had lots of issues....... so it could be many things.

#3 ·
Thank you, neccrttv! I will check out what you have suggested! Also, what additional info can I provide you with to help you diagnose any other causes? I'm happy to provide pictures of the set and anything else you may need! Just let me know!

Best,

- YesiediT

#4 ·
Oh, and the specific model I own is a Samsung TX-P2775H. I'm sure that'll help a little!

Thanks again!

#6 ·
I forgot to mention that I obtained the official Samsung SMl last night. But, I've been reading through it, and so far, I'm not following it very well (I do have a bit of electrical engineering schooling under my belt). So, if you (or anyone else) would like a copy to peruse... Just let me know!

Cheers!

Attachment 220141

#7 ·
Thanks! That may be just what I need!

I'll check it out as soon as I'm in front of my computer instead of on my phone!

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by YesiediT /forum/post/20821507

Ok. I have a Samsung TX-PxxxxH CRT HDTV that I bought in 2006. It has worked amazingly until about a week ago. Now it is turning itself on and off (the well-known Samsung TV power supply "bug"). I have tried to find something, ANYTHING, about how to fix this problem! The closest I have come was on another site when someone posted that, "...I finally called the TV repairman. He came out and fixed it. It took him about 20 minutes, and cost me $180." The poster continued to say that, from what he could tell, the repairman only used a soldering iron to strengthen some points on the board "close to the power supply".

So, I ask the question: Does anyone out there know anything more in-depth about this issue or how to fix it? Like, where to solder? How to get into the TV to solder? Stuff like that?

Also, I have my BR Player running HDMI into an HDMI-DVI adapter to the DVI port in the back of my Samsung TV. But, when I turn the BR player on, the screen displays its picture all blown up (meaning that the picture's top and sides are cut off). It's like that regardless of whether or not I put the TV into 16:9 mode or not. Also, whether or not I hook up the player via Component cables. Can anyone help, or at least explain to me why this is happening? I have read elsewhere that I can adjust settings in the Service Menu to make it fit, but I don't want to destroy my TV!!! Someone somewhere please help! I cannot afford a repairman, and sure as hell can't afford a new TV, yet!
Please post your TV Model Number

Power Supply Failure

I'm not sure, but maybe you Samsung has the same chip problems as the power supplies in Sony TVs? You can pull the back cover to confirm the chips. BE CAREFUL HIGH VOLTAGE EVEN WHEN UNPLUGGED AROUND THE TUBE. See the Sony Blinking Light Thread, top of page 51 for the repair Guide.

BlueRay Player

Check the settings for both the BlueRay player and your TV's normal settings menu. Be sure the screen is at full and not zoom. You are correct, the hidden Technician Service Menu can brick your TV if done wrong.

#9 ·
Hi,

I have just encountered a problem with my Samsung TX-P2775H. When I switch it on the set begins making a ticking sound - nothing appears on the display. You mentioned in one of your posts that you had a copy of the service manual - is it possible for for you to forward a copy of that to me?

Thanks in advance.

Michael

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.