Loewe Aconda and DVI - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 04-25-2002, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the information from Loewe in this and the other thread. I'm not sure if their representative is aware that Silicon Images stated that HDMI and DVI-CE will be backward compatible with DVI. A set with DVI will not be out in the cold on the copy protection issue; it just may not have the additional features of audio transmission through the same connection as the video or inter-connectivity of different components.

I think it would be a mistake for Loewe to ignore DVI. I, personally, would buy the Loewe set today if it had DVI. If it won't have it in the next few months, I will buy a competing product that has DVI. DVI or its more refined versions will be needed for time-shifting of HD programming. With my schedule, if I cannot time shift HD, I will not be able to watch much of it. HD PVRs will require one of these connections. Widescreen Review also reported that the next generation of the JVC HD-VCR will also have DVI. If I knew that Loewe would put DVI in before the end of the year, I would hold off on purchasing a set this summer or early fall when its competitors will have DVI-equipped sets available.

ericlhyman
Closed Thread Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page