Sony Trinitron WEGA RLOD Twenty Dollar Repair Guide - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 2Likes

post #91 of 93 Old 11-29-2015, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Tried IC replacement, now another issue….Help, please!

Great details on the repair for the IC chips on the D-board.
We encountered the 6/7 blink error on our KD-34XBR960.
Purchased the 2 chips and replaced them.
Now I am getting a 3 blink error.

Hate to landfill the TV. Any input on what to try next?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 93 Old 03-04-2016, 05:13 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivtec View Post
Hi guys Anybody here that installed the MCZ30001DB IC's in kv sony how they've holding on,no essues?
I am the Original Poster, wrote the Guide at the top of the first page back October 2011.
Happy to report my WEGA HD CRT still working just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerSimpson2015 View Post
Great details on the repair for the IC chips on the D-board.

We encountered the 6/7 blink error on our KD-34XBR960.
Purchased the 2 chips and replaced them.
Now I am getting a 3 blink error.

Hate to landfill the TV. Any input on what to try next?

Thanks in advance!
Apologies for not checking back on this Thread recently. See the bottom post of the previous page, sometimes a resolder goes the trick.

Last edited by CRTGAMER; 03-04-2016 at 05:19 PM.
post #93 of 93 Old 04-29-2016, 08:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
This process works and solved my issue of large amounts of screen bloom.**

I got my Wega kv-32hs420 about a week ago from a guy on craigslist I had been looking for one in my area for a while really wanted one because I am into classic gaming I have a 60hz SD trinitron I use for nes and snes , genesis and the like due to working well with 240 also keep it around for light guns. That being said I wanted this one to use with PS2/PS1 and xbox classic. This TV can also do the older systems Pretty well as well so this TV was to become my main and the other used for DDR station and light guns. But I digress I got this thing took it home plugged it in and played for about 30 minutes of snes then went to change inputs and when on a black screen it appeared greenish and had 3 blue lines at the top of the screen. after some Googling I found that people fixed this by adjusting the screen POT on the back of the fly-back converter. I opened it up to find the most nasty inside I could have imagined previous owner was a smoker (of many substances I assume) so it was a mess ill post a picture of the mess below. however I adjusted the flyback pot and the lines disappeared noticed a tiny bit of geometry error in the very top left but at this point was not worried about it. I then put it back together and went to bed. The next day I played PS2 on it and loaded burnout 3 the title screen shifts from dark to light screens often so it was at this point I notice the screen blooming (BAD) it was like breathing. turn it off and start googling found it to be the fault of the contrast POT being too high but if turned down the lines came back. It all came down to voltage regulation something these ICs supposedly handle so I adjusted the contrast Pot back to normal and ordered the ICs as well as the sockets and a better soldering iron. In the meantime I cleaned the internals as much as possible. fast forward to last night I soldered them in Powered the beast on with PS2 and burnout 3 loaded and contrast pots at stock. NO MORE LINES OR BLOOM. I have a feeling my ICs were on their way out and this fix worked. picture quality is also improved due to the electron guns not being under and over volted and losing focus. Thank you for this just wanted to post as I have seen very little about fixing the bloom issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160420_171928.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	1412738   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160429_014425.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	1412746  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement