anyone,not have the sony capacitor problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-01-2011, 07:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I have a 2002 34xbr800.I was just wondering how many people have not had this problem.I am thinking of getting the hdmi to dvi cable and a blue-ray player,but dont want to if the tv may go bad . Thanks for any feedback.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-01-2011, 01:35 PM
ADU
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 119
(Knock wood) I have not had any capacitor issues on my 2002 34XBR800 so far. My usage is probably nowhere near as heavy as some of the hardcore CRTs gamers here though.

I haven't really delved deeply into Blu-ray yet, because with a few strategic tweaks, my TV does a pretty decent job with standard DVDs using a 1080i HDMI->DVI input. You can definitely see a difference in the Blu-ray resolution on some titles (especially on 2.35 aspect ratio widescreen films), but on others the difference between DVD and BD can be more subtle, especially if the original DVD was well-mastered to begin with.

ADU
post #3 of 3 Old 01-19-2014, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know what XBR800 capacitor problem is mentioned here???

I have a 34XBR800 and I recall back in 2011 reading HERE about a capacitor problem in the RGB guns poser seciont that might cause horizontal color banding on power on.

My set has these bands where it seems obvious the guns are not all getting clean power and as the set warms up the patterns "rotate" like a moiré pattern and vary in width until the set is warmed up..,

Once the box has warmed up for about five minutes the problem goes away and the picture is still as Marvelous as it was when purchased in 2003..,
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page