Pixel burn in? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-28-2012, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Okay gents, I have in my possession a Samsung TX-P2675WH. It appears to have a few pixels in almost dead centre of the screen that are discoloured. It only amounts to a tiny dot really, but being where it is, and for the purpose that I'd like to use this for, it's very noticeable to me. I'm wondering, is this a case of CRT burn-in? I can't imagine what might have been pointed at the screen for so long, in that very spot, for that to have happened, if this is what the problem is. But I guess I'm just as much wondering if there is anything that I might be able to do to fix it, on the possibility that it may not be a case of burn in. I've attached two images of the dot in question. When I'm in front of it, it really looks like a slightly purple dot. I confess, the last time I ever saw burn in on a CRT was back in the 70s when a cousin of mine had a pre-Atari, pong-alike video game that he wore out a black and white TV with, so I'm not sure what I'm looking at here, nor how to fix it. Ideas anyone?
LL
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-08-2012, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'd say that you have burn-in. The reason is that when you shut-down you probably have a flash and a bright spot in the middle, since the TV closes down too fast. That made the pixels discolor prematurely.
Usually shouldn't happen, so it's always possible the quality of the pixels isn't really good and subject to burn-in on the long run. Not unexpected from those last-generation tubes.
Also, a problem in the Horizontal Deflection at one moment in time could have cut the yoke, making a bright spot in the middle. It doesn't take long for pixels to fade when this happens and the tube is almost new.
post #3 of 4 Old 02-10-2012, 09:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Yeah, it is a burn-in. I took a closer look at it the other day and it is actually visible, if slightly, while the TV is off. I guess I may donate it out to a worthy cause, it's not terrible but it's very irritating when I notice it while trying to view normally.
post #4 of 4 Old 02-23-2012, 12:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
burn baby burn
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page