XM29 Daisy Chaining & Component Issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 03-10-2012, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having some trouble daisy chaining my XM29 monitors. I assumed at first that you use the PC/EXT CTL to link the picture, but that seems to be for everything else. Do you have to use a MultiCable from the PC to monitor 1, then throughput using VGA? That's how the manual makes it out to sound. If so, where do I get this cable? *Edit okay found the cable. DB15 Male to VGA HD15 Female

As for component: I tried hooking component up using RCA to BNC adapters, but the only signal that displays is green. Everything I've read online says you just use a component cable w/ BNC plugs, and nothing else. Is there something I'm missing here? *Edit- DOH! Apparently XP29 has component support, but not XM29.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 03-12-2012, 06:42 AM

Liked: 11
Do you have a Plus or Xtra model? This is written on the front of your monitor. Its gonna be written Nec Multisync XM29 Xtra or Plus. If its a Plus, you have no component inputs.

The manual is for a Plus model too....
post #3 of 7 Old 03-12-2012, 06:46 AM

Oh and dont forget to turn the 75ohm/High switch to High when you connect your second monitor. If you dont, your image will be really dark.
post #4 of 7 Old 03-13-2012, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

I have the Plus model. I wish I had the Xtra or XP29.
post #5 of 7 Old 03-14-2012, 06:35 AM

There are component to RGB converters out there. There are also component to VGA converters and HDMI to VGA converters.

The Plus model is equally awesome and supports easily 1080i and 720p. 1280x1024 is your maximum 4:3 resolution for PC use. HDMI to VGA is more common and with a good HDMI selector your Plus model is as good as any.
post #6 of 7 Old 03-20-2012, 05:11 AM - Thread Starter

Interesting. I'm curious, does it do letterboxing for widescreen resolutions, or does it stretch the picture out? I noticed when going w/ PC resolutions higher than 1204x768 is stretched. I'd test it out, but I won't have access to mine for a few days.

I was trying to use component as an easy input for next gen game consoles. I'm not going with HDMI to VGA, since I can just use VGA.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-20-2012, 11:26 AM

As far as my XP37 Xtra goes, i adjust my picture height and size for every resolution and the monitor retains these settings in its memory. I lower vertical size for 16:9 resolutions and lower picture width until i have full raster. I did this for each resolution so i dont have to touch it. When i change resolution, width, vertical height changes accordingly, giving me black bars for 16:9 resolutions and full screen for 4:3.
Of course, if i want full screen in 16:9 resolutions i can put vertical height higher and while it distorts a bit (objects are slimmer) this is not an issue in most games. For movies i return the vertical height to normal. Also, when i play blu-rays, the new movies are often even more wide-screen (2.33:1 if i remember well) so i augment vertical width and horizontal size accordinly to make it 16:9. Of course i lose some information but picture quality is not lost since this is not a digital zoom but just a stretch of width and height of the raster.
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page