Wells-Gardner CRT issue - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 03-30-2012, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Wells-Gardner Model: PD137700 CRT monitor that is no longer displaying video. I do not have much experience in troubleshooting CRTs so I need some as to where to start looking. The picture on the monitor has been %100 working up until now. Colors have always looks great, picture is solid and crisp and today when I went to turn it on you could hear it turn on but no picture was displayed.

This monitor is inside of a Pacman/Galaga arcade game, you can coin the game up and listen to it still play through so it should be getting a video signal. Any advice as to where to start looking would be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-31-2012, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
After a little more troubleshooting I have found that the screen does still whine and have static electricity on the screen so I know it has a high voltage charge on it so that would lead me to believe that there is something wrong with the video portion of the board.

Has anyone had any experience with these boards to give me a shortcut as to where to start looking for faults?
post #3 of 3 Old 03-31-2012, 10:59 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
This might sound like a snark but it is meant seriously. If I were you, I would contact Wells Gardner. As far as I know, they still sell arcade monitors, and their documentation is very good. They should be able to get some information to you in order to fix this or replace anything that is needed.
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page