AVS Forum banner

Analog CRT Video Wall

7K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  xdominguez 
#1 ·
I don't know very much about video wall technology, so I am putting this out there to see if it is even possible.

I read that crts due to their technology have very little lag for playing old video games like something in nano seconds. Unfortunately crts are limited in size, I think the biggest was the 40 inch trinitron.

I want to be able to hook up an old game system and have the image spread out over multiple tvs, but I don't want there to be any lag.

So my question is: is it possible to have a crt video wall that doesn't have any input lag?

#3 ·
You are looking for a videowall engine. If you stick with only analogue signals then there is no reason to ever have any lag. I only say this because some of the newer ones may accept and/or mix with DVI sources.

While this is the solution that you are looking for, you should realize the immensity of expense to produce the device you are talking about, i.e. I seriously doubt you will be able to get one of these for what you would probably feel is a reasonable cost to you. They don't just fall off of trucks, due to their industrial nature and the market that demands them.

#4 ·
Liquid snake, thank you for letting me know it is possible.

Could you direct me to a company that has the product for sale and I could then directly ask them for specs and cost.

I didn't know it could be done through analog only, knowing that makes me happy =)

#5 ·
My neighbor bought a fancy computer for his home business that does something like that, he could drag documents across the 3 monitor screens as if they were one. Made by HP.

#8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydage /forum/post/21954501

My neighbor bought a fancy computer for his home business that does something like that, he could drag documents across the 3 monitor screens as if they were one. Made by HP.

Any computer with multiple video cards, or video cards with more than one video output can do that. The software on the computer for the video card is what allows your friend to do that. Not the same thing as a Video wall, but it can be done if you have enough video interfaces on a powerful enough computer.

#9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzoll /forum/post/21963377

Any computer with multiple video cards, or video cards with more than one video output can do that. The software on the computer for the video card is what allows your friend to do that. Not the same thing as a Video wall, but it can be done if you have enough video interfaces on a powerful enough computer.

Good to know - thanks!

#11 ·
I am new to the boards. I resuerface this thread because I need something that sounds a lot like this.

I have four CRT TV that I want to mount into a 4x1 video wall in which there should be a single animation displayed through all four TVs. Well, I've been looking on internet and consulting and everything I find is too expensive. I am kind of confused now, and a little help would be appreciated.

I don't have most of the techincal specifications of the TVs, but they must be about 13-15".

Thank you very much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.