AVS Forum banner

TV Stand for Sony KV-XBR800???

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  sonyfan 
#1 ·
All I can say is... WOW!!!!!

Never have I been so challenged to find a TV stand that will fit my TV. I am hoping someone here can help point me in the right direction.

So I currently have the stand that came with my TV:
ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/413M48CNB9L._SL160_SL160_.jpg

-- except mine did not come with shelves, which probably contributes to why I dislike it. I feel that it's wasteful of space, and I really want something nice, made of REAL wood, with glass doors and adjustable shelves that can store all my components.

I would be quite happy with something like this:
amazon.com/Techcraft-CRE48B-Credenza-50-Inch-Televisions/dp/B001795GQQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1336108282&sr=8-7

But, to accomodate my TV, I need something at least 23" deep, and that can support 300lbs... Why oh why oh why is this so difficult to find?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice stand for this TV? I am getting close to having to hire someone to make custom furniture for me!

-patrick

See less See more
#2 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick99e99 /forum/post/21982834

But, to accomodate my TV, I need something at least 23" deep, and that can support 300lbs... Why oh why oh why is this so difficult to find?

Does anyone have any suggestions for a nice stand for this TV? I am getting close to having to hire someone to make custom furniture for me!

Probably because TVs are much lighter and skinnier now.

Craigslist although some are sold with a CRT TV; ironically the stands may be worth more than the TV but folks bundle them to clear out the TV. Some folks hang onto those stands too for their new TV.

#3 ·
I'm using the stand from my Sony 36XBR800.

I figure since it held that 260 pound TV it will hold any TV in the future. LOL.....

I bought 2 anti-theft cables and will attach them to the back of the Plasma

via the VERSA mounts and run them tru the stand.

I figure no theft is going to be able to carry a 80+ pound stand and the TV!

Your only hope is cabinet maker who can build a stand that WILL SAFELY hold

that 300 pound tv and include some way to attach it to the TV.

The front of that TV is where most of the weight is since Sony had to add a extra

plate of glass to the front of the picture tube to make the large 40" screen work

and reduce the 'green blob' problem.

I'm sure there is a cabinet of some sorts that will hold it.

I guess you will have to ask some local stores and explain the weight issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.