Finally giving away 34XBR800 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-14-2012, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
After enjoying this TV for over ten years, I'm finally going to give it up with its stand and go Plasma. Does anyone have any ideas for "passing it on"? The store where I'm buying my Plasma will take it away but I feel bad about sending it to the landfill.

My main problem is that my house is 40 stairs up from the street. I think the two huge guys who delivered it wore harnesses and brought it up after taking it out of the box.

I'm a little worried about giving it away via Craigslist since it often brings out a myriad of folks.

I'd love to give it to an AVS person who's in Seattle! (and has strong friends).

Art

Art in Seattle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-16-2012, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Hi Art you might want to hold on to it for a little longer, it's a good way to use as a reference to calibrating the plasma. If you have a man cave like my messy garage that is over stuffed with de funked tech. It's a good way to recycle perfectly working stuff, and step back into nostalgia. Stacked is a LLoyd's VCR, LG VCR/DVD recorder works great as a cable box has better QAM tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player, Pioneer 704 Lasr Disc, HTiB Kenwood surround system, and a Kewnwood 70's receiver with Yamaha pre amp. It's all hooked up to a Toshiba 27' Theaterview CRT TV and still to this day that TV's colors are nothing but stellar when using component 480i hooked up to the LG DVD unit when viewing DVD's.

Recycled P4 processor with an old Gigabyte 8KNXP mobo with ATi HD 2600 video card and a refurbed WiFi card. All stuffed into a Silverstone media box.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-16-2012, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for the advice. I think I'd better give it the heave ho. I'm hoping I can unload it somehow and not send it to the recycling heap.

Art in Seattle
post #4 of 4 Old 05-16-2012, 10:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Salvation Army is a pretty good way to donate, they are a little picky when it comes to TV's. They have to be in almost perfect working order along with the remote. I don't know if you have to leave it out though...
Reply Direct View (single tube) CRT Displays

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page